SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

header_09.jpg

That time of year again where it is win or go home. The Sioux are a 2 seed playing UNH in New Hampshire. The WCHA has 3 teams in the NCAA tourney with DU as a 1 seed and Duluth and North Dakota at 2 seeds. Ohio St was the last team in the tourney with BU winning their tourney

THE ROAD TO D.C.

Manchester

Boston University (1) vs. 4. Ohio State (4)

North Dakota (2) vs. New Hampshire (3)

Bridgeport

Michigan (1) vs. 4. Air Force (4)

Yale (2) vs. Vermont (3)

Grand Rapids

Notre Dame (1) vs. 4. Bemidji State (4)

Northeastern (2) vs. Cornell (3)

Minneapolis

Denver (1) vs. 4. Miami (4)

Minnesota Duluth (2) vs. Princeton (3)

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

TV announced for regionals

Here is some TV viewing info for upcoming college hockey events. All times are Central:

NCAA selection show, 10:30 a.m. Sunday, ESPN2

East Regional (Bridgeport, Conn.)

First semifinal, 2 p.m. Friday, ESPNU

Second semifinal, 5:30 p.m. Friday, ESPNU

Championship, 5:30 p.m. Saturday, ESPNU

West Regional (Minneapolis)

First semifinal, 4:30 p.m. Friday, ESPN2 and ESPN360.com

Second semifinal, 8 p.m. Friday, ESPNU

Championship, 8 p.m. Saturday, ESPNU

Northeast Regional (Manchester, N.H.)

First semifinal, 1 p.m. Saturday, ESPN2 and ESPN360.com

Second semifinal, 4:30 p.m. Saturday, ESPN2 and ESPN360.com

Championship, 4:30 p.m. Sunday, ESPNU

Midwest Regional (Grand Rapids, Mich.)

First semifinal, 3 p.m. Saturday, ESPNU

Second semifinal, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, ESPN Classic and ESPN360.com

Championship, 7 p.m. Sunday, ESPNU

Frozen Four (Washington D.C.)

First semifinal, 4 p.m. on April 9, ESPN2 and ESPN360.com

Second semifinal, 7:30 p.m. on April 9, ESPN2 and ESPN360.com

Championship, 6 p.m. on April 11, ESPN and ESPN360.com

Keep us away from Mariucci...Minnesota has not been a good place for us this year. I know it doesn't look like we'll be going there, but you never know what the committee will decide.

@MSUM --- split

@Duluth --- loss/tie

@SCSU --- split

@ Xcel --- swept

We can't get two wins in a weekend there this year... :lol:

Keep us away from Mariucci...Minnesota has not been a good place for us this year. I know it doesn't look like we'll be going there, but you never know what the committee will decide.

@MSUM --- split

@Duluth --- loss/tie

@SCSU --- split

@ Xcel --- swept

Ahh come on...so you would rather go out and play UNH on their home ice?? I don't think so. I am hoping for Mariucci so there can be a ton of green in the crowd including myself. There will be none in Manchester. Also it is time to break out the black jerseys for the tourney....Go Sioux! I HOPE the committee puts us at Mariucci as I am sure almost all Sioux fans do.

Ahh come on...so you would rather go out and play UNH on their home ice?? I don't think so. I am hoping for Mariucci so there can be a ton of green in the crowd including myself. There will be none in Manchester. Also it is time to break out the black jerseys for the tourney....Go Sioux! I HOPE the committee puts us at Mariucci as I am sure almost all Sioux fans do.

CHN and USCHO has us out east for the regional

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2009...atournament.php

USCHO

they differ on a couple teams

the sioux played there way out of the mariucci regional it seems. just needed the win today. now it seems its buzzsaw time playing a home regional host in unh and then 1 seed who we owe revenge on in BU :lol: time to go chop some hockey east teams in half like we did out there in 05-06 i believe when we steamrolled BU and BC and won our own litlle beanpot ???

CHN and USCHO has us out east for the regional

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2009...atournament.php

USCHO

they differ on a couple teams

the sioux played there way out of the mariucci regional it seems. just needed the win today. now it seems its buzzsaw time playing a home regional host in unh and then 1 seed who we owe revenge on in BU :lol: time to go chop some hockey east teams in half like we did out there in 05-06 i believe when we steamrolled BU and BC and won our own litlle beanpot ???

Again we really screwed ourselves this weekend....instead of playing in front of a boatload of Sioux fans at Mariucci we get to play on UNH's home ice....not a good recipe

Again we really screwed ourselves this weekend....instead of playing in front of a boatload of Sioux fans at Mariucci we get to play on UNH's home ice....not a good recipe

It's not actually UNH's home ice. They are the host team just not at their own building.

Totally agree! Some can say we don't play well at Mariucci, but it would've had almost a home game feel with all the UND fans. Now we'll probably have to go east.

I am going out on a limb! Over the past number of years Hak has had his (our) team struggle to mid season while he found the chemistry that was best for the team. Historically, the team soared in the 2nd half of the season - then fell flat at the Frozen Four. The team fell flat this weekend! After all the line juggling for the 3rd place game part of me thinks that this may have been, either by design or default, strategy to get the team moving forward for the big dance rather than coasting into it. This team can rebuild itself - it has had problems sustaining success. Perhaps this weekend was just the psychological kick in the shorts that this team needed to take off once more. I am confident that Hak will re-align the team, the goaltending coach will help Brad with his playing the puck and we will hit the regionals with only one way left to go - up!

Totally agree! Some can say we don't play well at Mariucci, but it would've had almost a home game feel with all the UND fans. Now we'll probably have to go east.

Didn't the NC$$ come out this year with some type of travel savings plan for the tournament. Something about the distance the teams have to travel as being factored into the assignment of regions process. If so, I would say it would be cheaper to have Duluth and UND bus to MSP than have either one of them have to fly for some distance. That flying is not cheap! Additionally, with Denver as a hub it might be cheaper having them have to fly to Grand Rapids or points east. Just wishful thinking on my part!

Actually, I believe that I am mistaken. I think the rule applies to the method of travel AFTER the team is assigned. IF it is below a certain distance then the team has to take the bus.

Didn't the NC$$ come out this year with some type of travel savings plan for the tournament. Something about the distance the teams have to travel as being factored into the assignment of regions process. If so, I would say it would be cheaper to have Duluth and UND bus to MSP than have either one of them have to fly for some distance. That flying is not cheap! Additionally, with Denver as a hub it might be cheaper having them have to fly to Grand Rapids or points east. Just wishful thinking on my part!

Actually, I believe that I am mistaken. I think the rule applies to the method of travel AFTER the team is assigned. IF it is below a certain distance then the team has to take the bus.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2009...onalization.php

Regionalization On Hold

"Regionalization," or the NCAA's cost-cutting restrictions on placement of teams in the NCAA tournament bracket, has been put on hold for one year, according to Steve Cady, chair of the Men's Division I Ice Hockey Committee and associate athletic director at Miami.

@MSUM --- split

@Duluth --- loss/tie

@SCSU --- split

@ Xcel --- swept

Neutral ice has not been good either! Getting swept by MTU and Mich. St in Detroit. What a low point!

you wana be the best? well get through this regional and anything can happen. go sioux vs unh and my upset pick is ohio st over bu :lol: bemidji state should have been the 16 playing bu but they had to avoid a interconference with ohio state.