SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

I just hope Hak has mastered his second half turn around plan by finishing it out through the frozen four. And I hope all Boston schools are in a separate regional and are knocked off prior to the frozen four.....I cannot take losing to Boston again (that may be the Yankee fan in me talking).

As a fellow Yankee fan....there is nothing worse than seeing a team from BAHston hoisting anything special at the end of the year...in any sport. With that being said, this year's Sioux team is something special...so much different than in years past. I would love to see a team from Boston in this year's playoffs because generally they rely on a couple superstars (Gerbe) to lead their team to victory. We are different and I haven't seen a team with this much depth at any level in a long time.

GO SIOUX!! Beat down Bucky and bring home that cup!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fellow Yankee fan....there is nothing worse than seeing a team from BAHston hoisting anything special at the end of the year...in any sport. With that being said, this year's Sioux team is something special...so much different than in years past. I would love to see a team from Boston in this year's playoffs because generally they rely on a couple superstars (Gerbe) to lead their team to victory. We are different and I haven't seen a team with this much depth at any level in a long time.

I hate the Yankees...but we can agree on one thing! Go Sioux!

Do you have a link to the equally horrible call on Porter a few minutes earlier?

No at the time I only posted that one.

Also at the time, I didn't have a mongo huge hard drive so I couldn't keep all of the games that I wanted to and painful losses get deleted fairly quickly.

i dont think that matters. its a team game and when a player fks up others sometimes need to help out. sometimes they do and sometimes they dont. nobodys perfect and we all know that. not genoway or joe. this team especially has NO holes as scott owens said. i think joe has been damn good since coming back when there were indications he may not ever lace them up again for the sioux and maybe after that. genoway has his own style and big joe does. i like they way they play together. lets hope the team D keeps it up as they haven thad many hic ups since the new year. if they do and the boucnes go our way it could be a 5th straight trip to the f4

This isn't personal - I haven't called him names.

We have injuries on the blueline and all need to step it up. We got 3 points last weekend but were dangerously close to getting 0, not for some outstanding goaltending.

That is what concerns me going forward, when we get into a loser - out situation, we cannot afford an off night.

This is why we need our best players to actually be our best players.

I just thnk Joe can play better. We can't win it all if he doesn't.

Sounds like Geoffrion from UW is doubtful for this weekend:

http://www.badgerbeat.com/news/article/id/441403

That would be a big loss for Bucky. Now if they could only get their high draft picks away from the negotiating table with their agents, they might put up a fight this weekend!

At worse this weekend is a split and only if Bucky wins Friday. If UND wins Friday, WI rolls over Sat.

we are to UM as BC is to UND :lol:

That's what I was thinking. How many times since 2000 have we ended their season? I'm thinking 3 or 4. Once here, once in Denver....(Was that that goofy game where there were 5 bouncy goals in the first period?).....

I'll go against the historical argument: I wouldnt want UND to play Michigan right now. However, I would like to see UND play BC now.

no doubt, im with ya :lol: lets have it the title game though if we play UM :angry:

We had a pretty different team all 3 other years against them, and every year everyone thought this one was the year (including me, so not making fun of you). I just don't want to play them anymore. I hope they ban hockey there.

Jeeze I don't know Goon; Northeastern doesn't look like your typical over-rated East Coast patsy. :lol:

I think they would be the softer of the 4 number one seeds. That isn't saying they are weak either.

DU also beat Notre Dame 5-2 earlier this season before they got beat up and lost Bozek.

Denver would have the easiest path to the Frozen Four. Two EZAC teams and North Eastern.

I would like to see UND go to that regional in Denver's Place.

Northeastern plays the game with a very dirty edge and have injured key players of their opponents (ie BU and our own Big Joe). Let Denver have them and if they manage to get by them they won't be healthy enough to go any further

Northeastern plays the game with a very dirty edge and have injured key players of their opponents (ie BU and our own Big Joe). Let Denver have them and if they manage to get by them they won't be healthy enough to go any further

:lol::angry:

when did we play norhteastern this season? did I miss something as Big Joe got injured against UMass I believe.

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Weekly Wednesday update

UND coach Dave Hakstol said this afternoon that he's not sure whether Jason Gregoire will travel to Wisconsin. That decision will be made later on tonight and the team will leave Thursday by air.

Hakstol also said that David Toews is healthy and available for the weekend.

per brad

Weekly Wednesday update

UND coach Dave Hakstol said this afternoon that he's not sure whether Jason Gregoire will travel to Wisconsin. That decision will be made later on tonight and the team will leave Thursday by air.

What happened to Gregoire? i am assuming it is an injury?

Also does anybody know how Miller is doing, rumour is he played hurt against CC, does anybody have more on these?? :lol:

Any info would be great, Thanks!!

per brad

Weekly Wednesday update

In my opinion Davidson should go on the trip. We need !00% healthy not somebody who's shoulder might go out on the first shift. Hakstol's comments aftrr last weeks game was that nobody works harder than Davey so mauybe he sould be rewarded by being allowed to play.