SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

We now have a even better chance to finish first.

If Denver sweeps SCSU and loses to CC or splits with SCSU and wins against CC they'll end the season with 37 points. If they sweep SCSU and beat CC they'll end the season with 39 points.

If we can at least split with CC and WI we'll end the regular season with 37 points. And we have the tiebreaker over Denver. :D

- - - - -

Great sweep for the Sioux! Got very crucial 4 points.

GO SIOUX!!! Bring it on CC!

The What If calculator is quite a handy feature Jim!

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team is going to miss Duncan next year. Wow is he ever savvy. Does all the little things, and does the big things too. Finishing is a rare skill.

What? I thought that Dunc would be nothing this year without TJ. I'm sure all the blogs predicted he'd only make 3 or 4 goals this year..... :D

You can mail me a box, ya know....

I'd be happy too!! PM me your address...I'll throw in some CHIPPERS too! :D It's the LEAST I could do for someone who's lived where you've lived and worked and helped all the people you've helped and STILL managed to keep track of your favorite college hockey team! You seriously amaze me SiouxCIA and you deserve something nice for your loyalty! How about a grinder kit? I'm be happy to do it... :D

Sioux played really well all night long. Created a lot of offense and played a sound defensive game (Made a few mistakes, but that's hockey).

The only reason UND is not competing for a #1 seed right now is Finley's injury. Without Miller back there (yet), the team was just not ready to be without him. If you think about it, the three losses that have haunted this team (UMass, MSU, and MTU) were all Finley related. UMass he played with the concussion, and the other two were his first real games back and he was understandably not very good then. Since the MN series, he has been outstanding, just what you would hope from a big senior defenseman. He's not fleet, but he has good feet, and he makes such a nice pass out of the zone.

This team is going to miss Duncan next year. Wow is he ever savvy. Does all the little things, and does the big things too. Finishing is a rare skill.

The Zajac, Martens, Watkins line is playing outstanding hockey. With the injuries, I hope they don't mess with the chemistry those guys have going.

Malone seemed to fit well with VV and Frattin with Trupp out. I think that's the lineup change, with Toews or Davidson playing with Mario and Kozek. Even so, get well soon Trupp.

i agree so much with your finley comment. i think many fans didnt look at it that way with him being out so long as you forget when hes not in the lineup but since he has come back the D has sured up overall and the Sioux are winning. Bottom line winning and thats not saying its all becaus eof him as we all know thats not the case but getting his leadership and presence in that lineup is huge in many ways

GO SIOUX

GREAT SWEEP

now LETS SWEEP THE TIGERS and make sure its a 2 tam race with us and DU

What? I thought that Dunc would be nothing this year without TJ. I'm sure all the blogs predicted he'd only make 3 or 4 goals this year..... :D

well to be honest hes not the same player without tj and jonny but who would be? ummm..nobody :D duncs is flat out awesome and is a hell of a leader for this team. hes having a hell of a career and i couldnt think of another player i want to see go out with a ring for a ncaa title more than duncs!!

Exactly. Chris at the WCH blog said that he wouldn't get 10 goals the whole year. Haha.

The year that Duncs won the Hobey he was on a very skilled line. Was he the most skilled of the three? No...the other two are now regulars in the NHL...but he was the most consistent, and that's why he deserved that award.

The people that say he didn't deserve the Hobey are the people that miss all the little things that he does out there. He is without a doubt one of the most consistent, smartest hockey players ever to don a Sioux uni.

Is the team back in Grand Forks, no, let me be more specific ....

Is the team away from that &%$#@! volcano yet?

A little birdie told me UND AD Faison had stated to Fargo Sioux Boosters that the WCHA office had no contingency plans in the event of an eruption postponing games or trapping a team (or teams) in Anchorage. I guess he didn't seem real impressed with the league or its leadership on that subject.

Let me guess: If something happened the schools would decide and the league office would rubber-stamp it. :D

Exactly. Chris at the WCH blog said that he wouldn't get 10 goals the whole year. Haha.

The year that Duncs won the Hobey he was on a very skilled line. Was he the most skilled of the three? No...the other two are now regulars in the NHL...but he was the most consistent, and that's why he deserved that award.

The people that say he didn't deserve the Hobey are the people that miss all the little things that he does out there. He is without a doubt one of the most consistent, smartest hockey players ever to don a Sioux uni.

Agree with you and jk on Duncan. This year especially, maybe because he's no longer playing in the shadow of Toews or Oshie, Dunca's real value is clear. jk said savvy and that's a good word. I know that when Duncan has the puck he dang near always makes the best possible play with it. He may not dominate the stat sheet but the guy is so valuable on the ice. And he's not just a PP guy. He's effective even strength and is a top PK guy. Not only that, but one of the best character guys that you could hope to have. What good fortune that he came to UND.

Agree with you and jk on Duncan. This year especially, maybe because he's no longer playing in the shadow of Toews or Oshie, Dunca's real value is clear. jk said savvy and that's a good word. I know that when Duncan has the puck he dang near always makes the best possible play with it. He may not dominate the stat sheet but the guy is so valuable on the ice. And he's not just a PP guy. He's effective even strength and is a top PK guy. Not only that, but one of the best character guys that you could hope to have. What good fortune that he came to UND.

I remember some of the bloggers calling Ducan over rated and that he would have nothing without T.J. Oshie.

I remember some of the bloggers calling Ducan over rated and that he would have nothing without T.J. Oshie.

You can't place any expectations on a blogger, in fact the CCHA fan you all call Chris probably lives in his parents basement. What I have a problem with is websites that claim to provide comprehensive coverage of college hockey but publish the work of supposed hockey writers who clearly don't know the difference between their @$$ and a hole in the ground.

You can't place any expectations on a blogger, in fact the CCHA fan you all call Chris probably lives in his parents basement. What I have a problem with is websites that claim to provide comprehensive coverage of college hockey but publish the work of supposed hockey writers who clearly don't know the difference between their @$$ and a hole in the ground.

Actually he wasn't the only one. There are many that have said that about Dunc.

Now Ducan is having a nice swan song in his final season and is currently second in scoring on the Fighting Sioux.

Now Ducan is having a nice swan song in his final season and is currently second in scoring on the Fighting Sioux.

What are his chances for a pro career - NHL/AHL/ECHL? Do you think he would have been better off leaving after his Soph year? I'm certainly happy he stuck around for his Sr year.

What are his chances for a pro career - NHL/AHL/ECHL? Do you think he would have been better off leaving after his Soph year? I'm certainly happy he stuck around for his Sr year.

In my opinion I think Dunc made the right decision to stay in school. But I am biased.

The money will be there if and when he wants to play in the AHL, ECHL and who knows?

In my opinion I think Dunc made the right decision to stay in school. But I am biased.

The money will be there if and when he wants to play in the AHL, ECHL and who knows?

I agree with you. He's proven he's great on the ice in his own right. We, program and fans, have been privileged to have this young man wear the Fighting Sioux crest!!

Nowadays, who knows?

before the lockout, I would have said there's no way Dunc's would have an NHL career. Now, Nathan Gerbe is getting some NHL time and he's smaller than Duncs.

thats fine. the scoring overall isnt that high on the sioux this year with this balanced team. duncan would be the first person to tell you he was the 3rd best player on his line with jt and tj but he earned the hobey without a doubt. bloggers are the last sources i would use to determine what people think on players, same as a message board post really. duncan is a hell of a college hockey player. get a crack in the ahl as he does have the finishing traits as shown his career and especailly with tj. he maybe could last there but i think maybe europe? not sure on him really.whatever he does he will take advantage of his opportunity and flourish

Nowadays, who knows?

before the lockout, I would have said there's no way Dunc's would have an NHL career. Now, Nathan Gerbe is getting some NHL time and he's smaller than Duncs.

but gerbe has flat out speed and thats a huge trait to have with that size in the nhl. gerbe will have a long nhl career. i think duncan will get a ahl deal then go from there. maybe over seas as well could be a nice way to make a living playing puck. i hope its ahl so he stays in the states to see him

the up front money wont be there like it would have and maybe the 2 way deal when he was on top of the college hockey world after his hobey. but.......he made the right decision for himself and thats all that matters. its very easy listening to him interview what he values. yes he values hockey but he also realizes hockey may not be there for that long or even after hockey he will have his degree. duncs is awesome!! i want this team to win the title so badly for the team sake but also for duncs