SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been prouder to be a UND hockey fan than tonight.

Down 3 frontline players (Jones, Hextall, Lapoint), and on a night with emotions running high, the guys stayed focused on winning the game. Revenge can come later, but the important thing was to win, and they SOMEHOW did that. Even after getting tested with a slash at the final whistle, they kept composure. Superb character. Thanks guys.

Hakstol post-game:

It was a war for 2 points.

We just couldn't put the game away in the second period, with several chances. We did everything except score.

In the first, we were distracted after the injury to Lapoint. I drops the intensity level until you get refocused. We regained our focus well, then.

Some of our guys really sucked it up in the third. Chay Genoway a display of sheer will on the GWG, and he had tired legs and locomotived through it. Saw the opportunity and made Zacharias leave the rebound for Gregoire.

With just 5 guys on D, we looked tired but got it done. Blood stepped up, Finley and Genoway were outstanding. Miller made the one mistake but shook it off and didn't let it affect him.

A win means an increase to our RPI.

The word on Derrick "not good", and I can't comment on it more than that. He's been our most reliable defensive defenseman the last two months.