SiouxSports.com Forum

Brad Kelley

UND92,96

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No dislike for football at all. I support Fighting Sioux football. This young man really messed up and I hope he can right the ship but based on the circumstances i do not see him returning to UND. However, innocent until proven guilty. I just think this young man made a bad mistake and it is going to cost him dearly.

I don't understand why the President of the University felt the need to send an email out informing the entire campus of this occurance and the resulting arrest. He is neither the first, nor last student (or student athlete) that has been arrested... why is this case special?

I wouldn't care if he had to pay in civil court, but there should be no crime here above a misdemeanor.

Felony assult would be with a weapon.

I'm guessing if the beating was bad enough, even with fists, a felony would be in order. Perhaps a lawyer could provide more light on this. whoever Kelley attacked must have been hurt pretty bad for the felony. I agree, a one punch fight that ends in just a bloody nose doesn't justify a felony. This must have been more.

I'm guessing if the beating was bad enough, even with fists, a felony would be in order. Perhaps a lawyer could provide more light on this. whoever Kelley attacked must have been hurt pretty bad for the felony. I agree, a one punch fight that ends in just a bloody nose doesn't justify a felony. This must have been more.

I would argue that unless your fists are registered as weapons that it's unlikely that you'll do enough damage hand-to-hand to warrent a felony.

I would argue that unless your fists are registered as weapons that it's unlikely that you'll do enough damage hand-to-hand to warrent a felony.

That's ridiculous. A guy was almost convicted of murder in Grand Forks recently (Broken Drum beating) over something he allegedly did with his fists so a weapon is not necessary for a crime to be a felony. It doesn't matter if it's just fists, if the beating is severe enough.

That's ridiculous. A guy was almost convicted of murder in Grand Forks recently (Broken Drum beating) over something he allegedly did with his fists so a weapon is not necessary for a crime to be a felony. It doesn't matter if it's just fists, if the beating is severe enough.

I'm doubting he did that kind of damage. You need a weapon to do that usually.

Seriously, you guys are going to have a 214 page thread about the legitimacy of a fistfight being classified a felony if you keep playing into MplsBison's hand. :D Just remember, there was a reason he was voted the most annoying poster on AGS.

Whatever happened to the good old days when the Sioux were the clean cut team and the Bison were the team full of thugs getting in fights and guys getting kicked off for not meeting grades? Welcome to DI I guess as I'm sure there will only be more to come.

Whatever happened to the good old days when the Sioux were the clean cut team and the Bison were the team full of thugs getting in fights and guys getting kicked off for not meeting grades? Welcome to DI I guess as I'm sure there will only be more to come.

Good call!

No DII player has ever been charged with any crime.

It is just one of those unfortunate things that happens from time to time in collegiate athletics. One incident does not mean that the team is a bunch of thugs, but, unless there are some unusual circumstances, I would guess he will be off the team. And whether you are NAIA, DI, DII or DIII it can happen.