SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

Per our discussion before the game, can you imagine if Jones had been on the ice for any of those shenanigans. I offer that we would be talking about multiple DQs for tomorrow if he had been in the Sioux lineup.

Agreed. Especialy after the write up in the Denver Post how DU is not gonna be pushed around like the Gophers were.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we were recruiting him everybody from other fanbases was talking about how dirty of a player he is and how hes a perfect fit for the sioux's dirty play, well i havent seen much dirty play on his part, but ive seen a lot of it against him, ive only watched him for half a season but ill already put him up there with my favorite sioux players of all time, glad i never had to play against him, i kinda wonder though if he would of dropped em had they dropped the puck and jackson was ready to go, or if he would of pulled a lucia and skated away...?

When you wear #26 on your back you better be ready to bring it. Radke would be proud.

Whoa nelly! I am all keyed up from this game. What a bunch of amazing goals scored by the Sioux tonight. Fins with 3 assists and a slapshot goal. Did not see that coming! Watty scoring on 1 of the 3 or 4 breakaways he had. Frats (wasn't it?) scoring on a 1-timer. Denver goalies just couldn't shut their "Pi-holes" against our 8-goal assault. 8 goals, 8 different skaters!! Keep it goin' boys and first place in the WCHA is yours.

I was out watching the Sundogs game (A. Schneekloth 2 assists for the Eagles) and tried to record my FSSN satellite feed while I was gone. Unfornately I screwed up and didn't get the game recorded. Does anyone know if the game will be repeated on any of the Dishnetwork Fox sport channels? I don't have the the sports package on my DishNetwork subscription, but will add it if I can get see the game. Thanks.

I was out watching the Sundogs game (A. Schneekloth 2 assists for the Eagles) and tried to record my FSSN satellite feed while I was gone. Unfornately I screwed up and didn't get the game recorded. Does anyone know if the game will be repeated on any of the Dishnetwork Fox sport channels? I don't have the the sports package on my DishNetwork subscription, but will add it if I can get see the game. Thanks.

I have comcast and Fox College Sports Central is reshowing it at the top of the hour (i.e. 15 mins from now) where I live. Not sure if that helps but you could always check tvguide.com and check what dishnetwork will be showing.

The game will be replayed at midnight central time on Fox College Sports! I'm recording it again because FCS missed the first period due to a women's basketball game! Lame, but I'm glad I saw the other 2 periods.

GO SIOUX!!!!

Catching word from people at the game that the last scrum (after the Hextell drawing 26 minutes in penalties on them) when VV was being cross checked repeatedly the DU player he was tangled with was saying "i'll kill you" over and over. This was reading lips, though.

Just watched the replay and sure enough it looks like that is exactly what Testwede(?) is saying.

its on again in 10 minutes, same channel

Yea I said that....

Well if we're playing that game...I believe I said it first. jk though, just trying to help someone out who didn't get a chance to see the game. You may want to check if dishnetwork gets Fox College Sports Central though because I'm not sure if they do or not.

Well if we're playing that game...I believe I said it first. jk though, just trying to help someone out who didn't get a chance to see the game. You may want to check if dishnetwork gets Fox College Sports Central though because I'm not sure if they do or not.

Fair enough.....you're right, I'm not sure if dishnetwork gets the game either. I'm excited to watch the first period though. Go Sioux!!

just got back from the game... wow! drop 8 on the top defensive team and top wcha goalie!!! and that with a subpar second period. couple of observations...

8 goals from 8 different players, and two great periods of hockey

marto is gaining confidence and becoming genoway jr., which is HUGE for this team

eidsness played ok, but made the saves when they were needed, he gets better each game

denver tried to push us around and be the "tough guys", except they aren't tough, and it took them off their game, and we pounced on them

isn't gwoz usually the one saying in the paper and in interviews that there isn't a place for the "rough stuff" in the college game, and yet his guys did it all night, and we just kept scoring!! wonder what his response would be if someone called him on it? i'm sure the sioux started it all ???

if you are a sioux fan, you love hextall. if you are a fan of any opposing team, you hate hextall. i have never seen a player, in a span of 21 seconds off the play clock, draw four individual penalties and a misconduct from the other team. i don't know what he says to them, but it aint nice. and after du has the box stacked, hexy skates by gwoz with smile :D god dang that kid is great!!

i HOPE denver focuses on trying to be physical with us and go after hextall again tomorrow so we can drop 8 more on their candy a$$e$!!

oh and ive never seen anyone get as many breakaways in one game as watty tonight, that was great.

LETS GO SIOUX!!! GET THAT SWEEP!!

fisticuff watch for tomorrow (because there WILL be gloves dropped, guaranteed): for us, i like malone or zajac, but genoway is a sleeper. for them, rakshani or #6, don't remember the name, but he was tied up with someone after almost every whistle.

How about a 4 point night for FINLEY?!?!?!?!

I couldn't watch or listen to the game until the 3rd period. Stat-wise, it looks like the second was a downright awful period.

DU must have been pushing and UND must not have been able to handle it very well.

We kept going to the box over and over and over again...

We CANNOT do that tomorrow (or rather later today) and expect to win.

Also, there's something odd about this series. Remember the Cornell series?

They were, at the time, one of the top defensive teams in DI. Friday night, we stomped them by 5 goals. The following night, we lost 2-1.

I think this very well could be the scenario tomorrow unless we come out like we did against MTU.

It is true we are playing much better now than then, but I don't think DU will roll over like UMN did.

If a fight is going to happen, I doubt it will be Rhett Rhakshani. It will probably be a role player like either Nutini or someone on the third or fourth line.

Gwoz might not be all that loved around here, but he's not an idiot. You don't do what he's done purely on luck. He'll adjust and we'd better be ready. DU is far better defensively than UMN is.

I believe that Denver psyched themselves right out of this game. Their focus was on trying to play tough to avoid being intimidated. For some reason they think that means taking cheap shots after the whistle, instead of solid checks and muscling players off the puck. The Sioux behavior was impeccable, until the mugging of VV late in the third when Denver abandoned all pretense of trying to play hockey. Denver continually did the cheap stuff after the whistle, and the Sioux just didn't react. Meanwhile Denver drew penalties and the Sioux scored. Finley, Kozek, Blood, Hextall, and the boys simply threw heavy, but clean, checks and pushed Denver off the puck. I don't know if any of this started with the coach, or was just the players. If it was just the players, the Gwoz has to be fuming big time. No wonder he did the dasher dance. As Keikla would say, he was dancing in the skank section.

Saturday night should be fun again. I just hope that the Sioux players again keep their head and skate away with the sweep.

i believe finley had 3 pts (along with marto and duncs)

you assume correctly, the second was not good, they could have put up a few more on us

they did keep good pressure on us, but we were in the box alot, and the refs refused to call anything on them which didn't help

i hope the refs call a tight game tonight so we can see more of what we saw tonight, that was fun

my money is that we will not see a 2-1 game tonight, but it will be alot closer i think (5-3 sioux sweep!)

as for any fights... don't rule rhakshani out, he lost his cool last night, but i agree that it will be a role guy, watch #6

gwoz may not be a complete idiot, but.... and yes du will adjust and we should see one hell of a game tonight!!!

LETS GO SIOUX!!!

i believe finley had 3 pts (along with marto and duncs)

you assume correctly, the second was not good, they could have put up a few more on us

they did keep good pressure on us, but we were in the box alot, and the refs refused to call anything on them which didn't help

i hope the refs call a tight game tonight so we can see more of what we saw tonight, that was fun

my money is that we will not see a 2-1 game tonight, but it will be alot closer i think (5-3 sioux sweep!)

as for any fights... don't rule rhakshani out, he lost his cool last night, but i agree that it will be a role guy, watch #6

gwoz may not be a complete idiot, but.... and yes du will adjust and we should see one hell of a game tonight!!!

LETS GO SIOUX!!!

Finley has a goal and three assists.

Just watched the full game. Wow. That would've been fun to be at. The scary thing is that we could've had 4 more in the first.

I don't think I posted it on here, but I've really felt like Watkins has been one of our best players lately especially in the um-tc series. Glad he finally got one. Too bad he couldn't convert another.

PP has goals in 7 straight games??? Been very huge lately.

What I love about Hextall is that he isn't a dirty player (at least from what I've seen). He just gets under the skin of the other team. And he's skilled.

Looking forward to the fireworks tomorrow night. Keep your head boys.

Anyone know why Marto got that penalty after their second goal? He already had the one but they scored and it was wiped. He had to have done something after the goal but the TV never caught it.

Just watched the full game. Wow. That would've been fun to be at. The scary thing is that we could've had 4 more in the first.

I don't think I posted it on here, but I've really felt like Watkins has been one of our best players lately especially in the um-tc series. Glad he finally got one. Too bad he couldn't convert another.

PP has goals in 7 straight games??? Been very huge lately.

What I love about Hextall is that he isn't a dirty player (at least from what I've seen). He just gets under the skin of the other team. And he's skilled.

Looking forward to the fireworks tomorrow night. Keep your head boys.

Anyone know why Marto got that penalty after their second goal? He already had the one but they scored and it was wiped. He had to have done something after the goal but the TV never caught it.

Was that the breakaway goal? If so, here's what I understood it to be going from the live chat on Brad's blog:

Duncan was in the box and a delayed penalty was called for hooking right as the DU player scored. This negated Dunc's penalty but not Marto's. So Duncs came out of the box and marto went in.

If you are asking about a different penalty, then I'm mistaken.

Is anyone watching on FSN Rocky Mountain? Long story short, last year I was an analyst on the Fighting Sioux Radio Network before moving out to Wyoming this summer. Didn't miss a hme game at all last year. Well, this year, FSN Rocky Mountain decides to bring Alana Rizzo with them this year to be the reporter rink-side. I miss being at the Ralph every weekend.....but with Alanna there, I'm really missing it this year!!!

What is wrong with Alana? I watched on FSN RM tonight and enjoyed the view!!

Was at the game tonight...

For whatever reason, it wasn't as enjoyable as the Minnesota series. There's something I hate about Denver and their game that I hate. I love players like Rakhshani (sp?), but the way they were cheap really teed me off. It was hard to watch and I hate Todd Anderson. I never felt comfortable until we scored #7.

We need to f'in bring it tomorrow....it's business time. No non-sense Sioux hockey. Intensity for 60 minutes, no letdowns or time to take a nap. DU is gonna bring it. Gwoz will fire up the troops and we need to be ready.

One thing that was interesting was when DU came out onto the ice for the start of the second. The away team is supposed to wait for the home team, but DU's guys came out a good 30 seconds before our guys and looked ready to bring it. They were waiting for us. Not sure how much of a hockey "crime" this is, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Man, I hope we sweep these guys, but I have a feeling we'll lose a heartbreaker tomorrow.