• LEE GOREN
    • MIKE PRPICH
    • TRAVIS ROCHE (D)
    • RYAN BAYDA
    • DAVID LUNDBOHM
    • CHRIS PORTER
    • ROBBIE BINA (D)
    • RASTISLAV SPIRKO

Just for fun i'll list 10 former players from around the 2000 era to nowthat you could add to this years team. The point is to add a player and his style that we could use more than others and why they would help this current sioux team and maybe who you would pair him up with on this years roster?

please choose and explain why as well..........

i know the oshie,parise,toews ect.....would be the answers so i went with others than that obvious answers :)

or if you have a write in list him and explain why..............

side note - i love the make up of this current team and this is simply for fun to see fans opinions and thoughts on different styles

GO SIOUX

David Hale, mainly because I'd have to come up with a new screen name if I didn't vote for him. Kidding aside, I voted for Panzer because while it's been nice to see a little bit of scoring the past few weeks out of this years team having Panzer would defiantly help that to keep going.

If you ignore what they've become, and just focus on what they were at their best at UND, I'm drawn to Jeff Panzer. Panzer as a senior was a better college player, for me, than anyone at UND since. (If you can stand it ...) go back and watch the 2001 title game, where he must have set up 10 grade A chances. Always ahead of the play mentally, he won every race for the puck because he knew where it would be before most other guys, and he was faster than everyone else. On this list my runners-up would be Roche, who dominated so much in college, and Greene, who was physically in the wrong league, by a mile. If Greene hadn't played with one arm in the playoffs his last year, we might recall him differently and there might be another banner up.

Did I mention Panzer was faster than everyone? Sweater flapping in the wind faster.

it is hard to pass on panzer... but i like our forwards and the way we are playing. i think the piece we could really use is another puck moving dman who can transition out of our zone and be and offensive force, so i went with roche. my heart would have taken prp, but hextall is filling that role this season, and i loved greener, but with his size and new focus on obstruction, he might never leave the penalty box (he rarely did before, he was good for 2-3 crosschecks a game, but noone on the opposition would come in front of the net :) )

I like our forwards but there is ALWAYS room for Jeff Panzer on a team. The guy was that good, IMO.

Someone mentioned Spiewak. Panzer might have been the scorer but I'll take Spiewak on my team for an all around solid 2-way forward that you can depend on not to screw up with the puck, kill penalties and shut down the opponents top line. Not to mention score key goals against top goalies in the NCAA's. A key player on any team.

Spiewak was a nice player, but does not belong in this discussion.

I'm surprised that Goren and Roche aren't getting more attention. Roche commanded the game unlike few blueliners. I'd rank him in the top 5 d-men I've seen play the college game (and I've been around awhile.)

roche was almost my pick but went with the finisher. roche could do anythi out there. very talented

Spiewak was a nice player, but does not belong in this discussion.

I'm surprised that Goren and Roche aren't getting more attention. Roche commanded the game unlike few blueliners. I'd rank him in the top 5 d-men I've seen play the college game (and I've been around awhile.)

i agree with roche, which is why i picked him. and remember, it is who would you add to THIS team. as i said earlier, i think a blueliner like roche could be the piece that would put THIS team over the top. we have some balanced scoring even without the so called "blue chipper", good team defense, and a solid goalie (who will be great before long). a dman like roche may not get all the hype or media attention, but the importance of a player like that can't be overstated.