SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BEAVERS

AZSIOUX

sweet, that means with your picks it will be a split ??? on a side note, i was at the asu basketball game tonight and the gophers band was there for the insight bowl and cheered loudly for the sun devils tonight for their game. was really cool. i also showed them my green sioux hat and was very popular with them ??? fun time though

go sioux, sweep and take the beavers down :)

sioux sweep

Sad but true. Split it is then. The only sweep I will predict that will be right is the one I'm picking January 9th and 10th :sad:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, who's the genius updating the standings on the SiouxSports front page? I looked at that and thought, "WOAH! When did Tech get SIX points instead of the four I was sure they had?" Yeah um... Dear SS Standing Updater Person: GLI games are non-conference. As much as I would love for Tech to have those two points, I'm going to have to decline them. :sad:

... Sorry if someone already pointed this out.

Baffling, it shows up in the database as a non-conference game. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Update -- fixed. I apparently broke it a month or so ago when I started to include NC games to make this nifty standings page and this was the first non-conference game between conferencemates that exposed the mistake. Thanks again!

Must be in the lower bowl. I will have to look for it. ??? We are going to need it in the second half. ???

Making my first appearance to the BSU can this year and don't know much about it. There is no booze there correct? How is it there? I heard beavers hate us there :sad:! Ill take any insight I can get to get me even more ready for the roadtrip!

Making my first appearance to the BSU can this year and don't know much about it. There is no booze there correct? How is it there? I heard beavers hate us there :sad:! Ill take any insight I can get to get me even more ready for the roadtrip!

Oh the BSU arena is so much fun! I was very disappointed that I had to decline a chance to make that roadtrip due to the fact that I`m way far away for break. It`s very small, and their seating is only on one side of the arena, so it`s very crunched and LOUD. You`ll have lots of fun, cheer loud for the SIOUX!!! ???

POUND the Beavers! :sad:??? ???

Remember what happened a couple of years ago after the Sioux lost to Michigan Tech in December? They went on a farking rampage taking out every team they went up against. After the Sioux lost to that piece of !@#$ MSU team and the slightly better MTU team, I think their eyes are open now and they're ready to rock. I was ticked off enough when the Sioux didn't beat MSUcks. Enough is enough. It's time for the Sioux to start beating crappy teams... and it can start THIS weekend.

God, I hate the Beavers so much.

On a side note, who's the genius updating the standings on the SiouxSports front page? I looked at that and thought, "WOAH! When did Tech get SIX points instead of the four I was sure they had?" Yeah um... Dear SS Standing Updater Person: GLI games are non-conference. As much as I would love for Tech to have those two points, I'm going to have to decline them. :)

... Sorry if someone already pointed this out.

How can you hate the Beavers? That does not make any sense to me at all.

How can you hate the Beavers? That does not make any sense to me at all.

I just don't know........

She has always had it out for the Beavers. Then the Beavers starting looking into getting into the WCHA, and she got a little more vocal about it. Then Tech got swept by BSU and she really let it fly!

The Glas should be rocking this Friday night. With school not back in session, it will be interesting to see what the student section is like. If I was still a student, I would definitely make the trip to Bemidji for this one!

I can not wait for Friday night. My daughter will turn four months on that day and be looking to go 6-1 in BSU games that she has been in attendence for! Unfortunitely, family considerations will keep us from making the trip to the Ralph on Saturday.

GO BEAVERS!

yeah I don't get the whole David Toews thing. When I heard he was coming here I thought he was going to be the second coming of his brother I guess I was wrong.

You must not have been paying attention before the season started. There were more than one person posting that fans should not expect the same things from David Toews as we got from Johnny. Why the name creates the same expectations is anyone's guess. DT did not put up the same stat sheet at Shattuck as JT did. Nor was DT creating the same sort of buzz or publicity in hockey circles, nor was he chosen for his team's junior team like his brother was, etc.

That's not to say David Toews is not or will not be a good player for the Sioux. But JT was special and DT is a different player. Let's appreciate DT for who he is and not who we want him to be.

Why the name creates the same expectations is anyone's guess.

Because it rhymes with SAVES, of course.

Toews saves!

I think David is going to be an excellent 4-yr player for the Sioux. I think he has the potential to be one of our offensive leaders in his jr/sr seasons.

on fightingsioux.com when you look at the men's hockey schedule it says charter cable? i'm not sure what that means. i assume somewhere in the area with charter cable it is on TV. :lol:

Charter is a Minnesota thing: Mankato, Duluth, St. Cloud, Minneapolis area.

On Fightingsioux.com it says the game is on Charter, but on this link Charter Sports it doesn't show the UND-Bemidji game.

Living in Duluth, I've never seen a Bemidji game listed yet, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for those of us living in Minnesota yet.

miller time

from brad

Weekly Wednesday update

There were a couple of topics of discussion at this week's meeting with the local media.

First was re-hashing what happened at the GLI. Second was moving on to Bemidji State. Third was the chatter about the World Junior matchup between the U.S. and Canada tonight.

Several of the players have made plans to watch the game and cheer for their country.

The one injury update is that Mario Lamoureux will not be available to play this weekend. Lamoureux had his appendix taken out over Christmas break.

Coach Dave Hakstol said that Lamoureux is progressing well and that Lamoureux would probably tell you he's ready to play.

Hakstol said that on the team's trip back from Detroit, they ran into Rylan Kaip at the airport. Kaip was on his way to Manitoba, where he ended up scoring his first professional goal.

miller time

from brad

Weekly Wednesday update

There were a couple of topics of discussion at this week's meeting with the local media.

First was re-hashing what happened at the GLI. Second was moving on to Bemidji State. Third was the chatter about the World Junior matchup between the U.S. and Canada tonight.

Several of the players have made plans to watch the game and cheer for their country.

The one injury update is that Mario Lamoureux will not be available to play this weekend. Lamoureux had his appendix taken out over Christmas break.

Coach Dave Hakstol said that Lamoureux is progressing well and that Lamoureux would probably tell you he's ready to play.

Hakstol said that on the team's trip back from Detroit, they ran into Rylan Kaip at the airport. Kaip was on his way to Manitoba, where he ended up scoring his first professional goal.

game notes link

Is there any web site or message board around to buy tickets for Bemidji home games? Tonights game is sold out and I am desperately looking for 4 tickets.

I saw a Craiglist add on Monday out of the Twin Cities that was advertising tickets to tonight's game. They were asking $35 for an adult ticket ($18 face) and $25 for a child ($9 face). I just about spit out my beverage I was drinking.

I wish I had a good answer for you. I know BSU released a block of leftover tickets that was reserved for students today. You could try to call the ticket office again at 877-3HOCKEY.

Unfortunitely, I may now not make the game tonight. My wife has come down with a "bug" of some sort and I don't feel right about leaving her home with our four month old if she is sick. I guess I will find out how bad she is when I get home from work here shortly. If I couldn't make it, I could sell you our two adult and one child at face, but I am in Alexandria.......

GO BEAVERS!

I saw a Craiglist add on Monday out of the Twin Cities that was advertising tickets to tonight's game. They were asking $35 for an adult ticket ($18 face) and $25 for a child ($9 face). I just about spit out my beverage I was drinking.

I wish I had a good answer for you. I know BSU released a block of leftover tickets that was reserved for students today. You could try to call the ticket office again at 877-3HOCKEY.

Unfortunitely, I may now not make the game tonight. My wife has come down with a "bug" of some sort and I don't feel right about leaving her home with our four month old if she is sick. I guess I will find out how bad she is when I get home from work here shortly. If I couldn't make it, I could sell you our two adult and one child at face, but I am in Alexandria.......

GO BEAVERS!

I wish I could be there, I hear it is a great atmosphere when the SIOUX come to town. With other teams such as the U of MN-Twin Cities Campus scared to come to town, the Sioux game might be the biggest for you guys, eh?

Thanks for the suggestions, the released block is already sold out. Any Beaver fans out there know if there are the usual scalpers in front of the arena before game time? Any ideas about how much tickets usually go for? The game is televised in Bemidji right, so worst case, where's a good bar to watch the game at? Thanks again. Go Sioux! If anyone come up with 4 adult tickets for tonight, I will buy them - 218-791-1764 - Ben

This year's SCSU game on Friday night packed the place with 3019 (a sellout is 2499). Usually the Sioux are the best draw of the year for us, it will be interesting to see if they can pack that many in tonight.

With the students still on break, I am not too sure what the atmosphere will be like. I just hope I can get there for it.

I like the fact that many UND fans enjoy making the trip to the Glas. All UND fans I have been around have been class acts, unlike SCSU and some of the UMD and MTU fans. U of M fans have generally been good natured (when we can get on their schedule) as have MSU-M fans. It is not much of an arena, but you are right on the action. Too many times we hear from other fans what a joke of an arena we have, but the closeness to the action, I love it.

GO BEAVERS!

Thanks for the suggestions, the released block is already sold out. Any Beaver fans out there know if there are the usual scalpers in front of the arena before game time? Any ideas about how much tickets usually go for? The game is televised in Bemidji right, so worst case, where's a good bar to watch the game at? Thanks again. Go Sioux! If anyone come up with 4 adult tickets for tonight, I will buy them - 218-791-1764 - Ben

Good thing my lunch break is an hour long.

I have seen scalpers outside the Glas for the "BIG GAMES", so there may be some out there tonight and I have no idea what they get for tickets (just remember, face for this game is $18 for adults). The game will be on in Bemidji. The Corner Bar in Nymore (south end of Lake Bemidji) has a big screen TV and some other TVs over the bar and is a big time hockey supporter. They also have awesome burgers.

GO BEAVERS!