SiouxSports.com Forum

Brandt

collegehockeyfan1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He told me ....

I was the first one, on USCHO, to question the now recanted claims.

Now this quote of the same ilk.

What is it that they say about "old dogs" and "new tricks"?

Minors in a bar in a college town? And student athletes no less? Sounds like the younger (Badger tennis playing) sister of Brad Winchester to me (as reported in the Wisconsin papers last winter). :) :)

First off I will go on record and throw my hat of in the ring for support of/for schmidtdoggydog.

First off I know him personally and schmidtdoggydog is a quality guy and a great human being. This guys isn't some dirt bag off the street but a professional. I suggest cutting this guy some slack.

I would have responded sooner but I had that stupid worm in my lap top...

Just because you have information from whom you believe is a reliable source, doesn't mean that you should post the information publicly.

The guy has made a mistake, oppolgized for this mistake, give it a rest and take a step down off your high horse...

What high horse? I was commenting about the previous post, where the poster said he would have done the same thing. I realize the orginator of the post has apologized. I'm just stating my opinion that because some information may not be factual, even if you have every reason to believe you are hearing the truth, it might not be appropriate to publically post that information. Jakey is generally a good kid, he can have a bit of an ego as has been mentioned on this board. We'll just have to wait and see how Blais handles his pull tab incident.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo, well said Roger Thomas. Way to be decisive about being indecisive!

Anyways, what this article says is that the criminal side of the investigation is over with and that not one thing has been done with Brandt's future with the team.

I can't say what will happen, but I said so before, I doubt he'll be off the team. Question is, who will now start opening day? I doubt it will be Brandt.

Woo, well said Roger Thomas. Way to be decisive about being indecisive!

Anyways, what this article says is that the criminal side of the investigation is over with and that not one thing has been done with Brandt's future with the team.

I can't say what will happen, but I said so before, I doubt he'll be off the team. Question is, who will now start opening day? I doubt it will be Brandt.

If Brandt is not suspended, there's no reason he couldn't start opening day. My guess, if he's not suspended, and if he's the best goalie in camp he'll be in the nets in the first game.

"Usually those things have been handled within the team," Thomas said.

Yikes, I get visions of the scene from Full Metal Jacket where the guys go after the kid who keeps screwing up with bars of soap wrapped in their towels

Is Brandt originally from Roseau or is it THIEF River Falls?

I think I know what he is talking about but he has the wrong schools. I think the guy is refering to Warroad and there were a couple of their players that came from Thief River Falls. Ala Wyette (sp) Smith.

Sorry Goon, it was not a mix-up.

I have a problem with some players getting preferential treatment. I expect it to happen in the pros but would like to think that UND is better than that. I guess I am old fashioned, disagree if you like.

It is nothing Brandt specific. It just doesn't seem right that goalies like Ranfranz and Siembida, though obviously less talented, get sent down the river even though they stay out of trouble.

It is nothing Brandt specific. It just doesn't seem right that goalies like Ranfranz and Siembida, though obviously less talented, get sent down the river even though they stay out of trouble.

Smells like a closeted Minnie fan ... maybe DE, Happy or Donnie.

Anyway, troll, Blais has yet to deal with Brandt on this issue. To presume he'll get off easy is a sure demonstration of your ignorance of this program and its coach.

I stay out of trouble too! Sure I can't stop a beach ball, but I still feel that Blais never gave me a fair chance to make the team. Just because Matt Greene scored on every shot he took on me, doesn't mean I don't deserve to be on the team, does it? :glare:

Siembida and Ranfrantz were "sent down the river" before this incident even occured, so how is that argument relevant? From what we know publicly, Brandt had stayed out of trouble before this incident too.

Actually, Blais must not have liked you. Being able to stop shots has not been a pre-requisite for UND goalies since Karl left. :glare:

It seems that I am in the minority here so I will bow out of the thread. I guess agree to disagree is best.

Sorry Goon, it was not a mix-up.

I have a problem with some players getting preferential treatment. I expect it to happen in the pros but would like to think that UND is better than that. I guess I am old fashioned, disagree if you like.

Since Blais hasn't taken a stance, it is impossible to say what type of treatment JB is receiving, however, from a legal perspective, if he was receiving preferential treatment, the charges would have been dismissed outright, which isn't the case. In this matter, he still has to pay a fine, make restitution, take responsibility for his actions, and remain accountable by staying out of trouble.

Based on the Herald article, JB admitted guilt and will be on the equivalent of informal, unsupervised probation for a year. If he has any further violations during that period, the conviction is entered on his record, if not, it is dismissed. In Minnesota it is called a continuance for dismissal and is typically only used in instances where the defendant has no prior criminal record and has engaged in what would be considered a "minor" crime, which appears to be the case with JB.

Based on the above, I don't see anything preferential about it!

Being able to stop shots has not been a pre-requisite for UND goalies since Karl left. :glare:

Comparing anybody to Karl is inherently unfair and since he has only been gone for two seasons I am not giving up hope that there is another Karl out there, but until found, there are clearly other people that can get the job done. If you check the stats you will see the JB had some of the best stats in league games last year. Blaming UND's swoon last year on JB is ridiculous; it is beyond dispute that UND's problems the second-half of last season extended far beyond goaltending.

If you check the stats you will see the JB had some of the best stats in league games last year. Blaming UND's swoon last year on JB is ridiculous; it is beyond dispute that UND's problems the second-half of last season extended far beyond goaltending.

I completely agree with this. From afar I really wondered why Brandt didn't play more often.

Smells like a closeted Minnie fan ... maybe DE, Happy or Donnie.

I think it's fair to say this putz is a Gopher fan. I know of no other WCHA school with such an insecure, attention-seeking fanbase (Greyeagle, sagard & a few others being the exception). Come onto a Sioux board, ruffle some feathers, act all innocent then sneak out the back door--typical Gopher m.o.

Don't think NewGuy is Happy, though, as this guy is at least understandable & grammatically sound.

Man, the season can't come soon enough :glare: