SiouxSports.com Forum

Brandt

collegehockeyfan1

The Roseau County District Court is not going to hand Brandt his head. He is a local boy, playing with the Sioux. Everyone takes pride in that. I know nothing of these claimed earlier charges, but I suspect that Judge Dixon, or whomever else disposes of Brandt's case, will cut him a further, and possibly a final, chance.

Here is what is likely to happen, assuming that he is guilty, perhaps a big assumption.

1. He pleads guilty to the misdemeanor theft.

2. The judge accepts his plea, but stays imposition or execution of sentence and puts him on probation, likely unsupervised.

3. He make full restitution to the victim, i.e. repay whatever he stole.

4. He pays some amount, likely a couple hundred bucks, in court costs.

5. He maybe do some community service time. Nothing major.

5. He keep his nose clean, i.e. no further criminal charges, especially theft, for the next year.

6. If any further charges in the year, the judge imposes, or executes sentence on this one. He would also face potential consequences from the new charge.

7. If no new charges, the matter is dismissed, and he will not have any conviction of record. It's called a Section 609.135 stay of imposition/execution. Alot of people who slip and fall once, maybe even twice, get them.

This is how his case will be resolved. Judge Dixon will figure that Blais will punish him, likely at practice through lines, much more severely. He will also take a strong dose of medicine from fans around the League. I am particularly interested in what the St. Cloud fans will come up with, ala the Bochenske Bucks from two years past.

Enough said? Bottom line is that Brandt is, perhaps, not good enough to lose any sleep over whether he stays on the team or not. Not that there are any other real options, now that Siembida is history. :glare:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6. If any further charges in the year, the judge imposes, or executes sentence on this one. He would also face potential consequences from the new charge.

7. If no new charges, the matter is dismissed, and he will not have any conviction of record. It's called a Section 609.135 stay of imposition/execution. Alot of people who slip and fall once, maybe even twice, get them.

This is how his case will be resolved.

It had nothing to do with a stay of imposition/execution of sentence under M.S.