SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ HARVARD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the smaaat kids asked for it cheap shoting at the end and going on a few 5 on 3's late

When the other team keeps cheapshotting and giving up 5 on 3's what are you supposed to do. If you DON"T try to score there's no reason they shouldn't keep up the cheapshots.

Also the team needs more "practice" on the power play.

OK, I just got back from our Cornell game with Clarkson and started looking at box scores. What the f.... happened? 10 goals on 37 shots while Harvard gets 1 0n 40? From those that watched the game, were the Harvard goalies that bad? From scrolling through all the posts, I don't remember who first asked for 10 goals, but someone give that man a beer from me, you can send me the bill.

Now a little info from our side. Harvard never gets a good crowd. They come late and sit on their hands. I don't know how many fans you had there, but no way it would be more than Cornell gets. We have come to rename the place Lynah East and until they started limiting ticket sales to us, we'd have half the seats.

What really happened at the 16:31 mark. I've not seen Harvard that undisciplined, both the fighting and all the 5x3s that they gave up.

Keep up the good work tomorrow. Usually we'd be rooting for the ECAC team, but seeing how we just played you and seeing how it's Harvard, Go For It.

OK, I just got back from our Cornell game with Clarkson and started looking at box scores. What the f.... happened? 10 goals on 37 shots while Harvard gets 1 0n 40? From those that watched the game, were the Harvard goalies that bad? From scrolling through all the posts, I don't remember who first asked for 10 goals, but someone give that man a beer from me, you can send me the bill.

Now a little info from our side. Harvard never gets a good crowd. They come late and sit on their hands. I don't know how many fans you had there, but no way it would be more than Cornell gets. We have come to rename the place Lynah East and until they started limiting ticket sales to us, we'd have half the seats.

What really happened at the 16:31 mark. I've not seen Harvard that undisciplined, both the fighting and all the 5x3s that they gave up.

Keep up the good work tomorrow. Usually we'd be rooting for the ECAC team, but seeing how we just played you and seeing how it's Harvard, Go For It.

That arena was just empty. Watching the webcast made me want to drive through the night and all day tomorrow to go to the game tomorrow to take up some of those seats, because that was just sad, especially considering it's not a large capacity rink. As for the rest of the game... I have NO idea how we got 10 on them. I'm not sure if the goalies were just bad or if we were just in the groove. Webcast kept cutting out and freezing on my screen. As far as the fight, listening to the announcers. No gloves were dropped, I don't recall punches thrown, yet they acted like it was the worst fight they've ever seen. They need to come west more often to see some REAL fights. I was completely baffled they got thrown out. I saw that as 2 mins for roughing at most. But it was really minor. Overreaction if you ask me. The game was great -- we got a good chuckle. Yay us! :silly:

Going by what our blogger typed on the Sioux goals, it appears as though Harvard suffered horribly in team discipline and team defense. 2 goals off of turnovers (maybe more...) 3 power play goals. As for the other 5, not sure.

Here's Brad's take: UND Hockey Blog

the announcers were shocked that a semi fight broke out that led to nothing but if they really wana throw down im sure fienhage ansd davidson could take 3 of those chumps down at once and show them how we get down if you wana be cheap after getting your arses kicked around the ice. go sioux, sweep these wanabee hockey players

just noticed the sioux got a point from all 6 d-men. thats great as they must have changed some scoring info

1ST OF YEAR or career

marto - first assist and point on season

lapoint - first assist and point on season

toews - first career goal

jones - first career goal and first point on season

marto improved his +/- to a -5, lapoints stayed the same at -9

blood and mario are only players not with a point his season but blood still at +1 which was the best until tonights boston massacure that inflated many players numbers :silly: nice job sioux

jones and davidson 1 for 4 on shots with 1 goal each on the year. great % :D

yeah i went out on a limb for some 1st career goals for toews and jones :D

Dude has the crystal ball working! I'll wait to hear from you on night's game thread for your final score and goal picks. Toews and Jones...that was soooooo money!! :D

Nice to see the guys pull out a gritty, close win. :silly: