SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

That was me and I did give the coach a piece of my mind in the third period. Team USA was losing races to the puck and could have used Kristo's speed instead of him sitting on the bench as the 13th forward. I know he heard me because he muttered something my way. Schroeder and VanRiemsdyk are very talented forwards and McDonough is a talented D and it was those three players alone that managed to salvage the win because the rest of the supporting cast didn't show up. I will cut Wilson some slack as he appears to be playing with a broken hand.

As for fans at the game, where is the USA support. There were three tiny little pools of USA supporters, probably the parents. I can tell you that there were at least 4 x the number of Czech fans with their faces painted and wearing their jerseys and they were a loud bunch.

I also saw you, that was great seeing the sioux green in all of that red. Kristo seemed to play on the penalty kill only. I also thought he should have been in more in the 3rd, fresh legs, and all of that speed!

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also saw you, that was great seeing the sioux green in all of that red. Kristo seemed to play on the penalty kill only. I also thought he should have been in more in the 3rd, fresh legs, and all of that speed!

I would like to hear what Kristo did against the germans to be taken out of the game almost completely last night? That'd be a good question for Rolston.

I would like to hear what Kristo did against the germans to be taken out of the game almost completely last night? That'd be a good question for Rolston.

Kristo only played the PK in the Germany game as well so he clearly has been pegged to be the 13th forward on this years team.

Now that I have had time to reflect on last nights game I guess I was expecting more firepower from Team USA with that lineup of prospects but other than the top line they got nothing. The other thing that surprised me is that the Czechs outhit Team USA at least 2 to 1. Sagard may have been right with his comment about a lack of physical D-men on this team.

Their coach also seems to be very business like and it seems to have trickled down to the teams character as their doesn't seem to be very much emotion on the USA bench, even when they score.

Kristo only played the PK in the Germany game as well so he clearly has been pegged to be the 13th forward on this years team.

Now that I have had time to reflect on last nights game I guess I was expecting more firepower from Team USA with that lineup of prospects but other than the top line they got nothing. The other thing that surprised me is that the Czechs outhit Team USA at least 2 to 1. Sagard may have been right with his comment about a lack of physical D-men on this team.

Their coach also seems to be very business like and it seems to have trickled down to the teams character as their doesn't seem to be very much emotion on the USA bench, even when they score.

Sounds familiar...

hes pretty much the 13th forward on this team and was prpjected as that when he made the team and may get more ice time with time or proving it to the coach. in international play you ca dress 13 forwards unlike regular leagues when you dress 12 usually. he will play here and there and if he plays well he may earn more ice time

hes pretty much the 13th forward on this team and was prpjected as that when he made the team and may get more ice time with time or proving it to the coach. in international play you ca dress 13 forwards unlike regular leagues when you dress 12 usually. he will play here and there and if he plays well he may earn more ice time

Is he coming to UND next season? I thought I read he was. From what I have seen he looks pretty good.

Is he coming to UND next season? I thought I read he was. From what I have seen he looks pretty good.

yes, he would have been very nice to have this season. the trio of kristo, mattson and cichy will be dynamic

hey morin, you can come to UND as well. screw major juniors :sad:

yes, he would have been very nice to have this season. the trio of kristo, mattson and cichy will be dynamic

hey morin, you can come to UND as well. screw major juniors :sad:

Yeah no doubt. Also the goal last night by Jordan Schroder last night was amazing it looked like shot the puck through the goalie. We need someone like that.

Yeah no doubt. Also the goal last night by Jordan Schroder last night was amazing it looked like shot the puck through the goalie. We need someone like that.

Funny. Last year the Gophers didn't have that type of player... this year they do...

Next year we get Kristo... a player type we don't have this year.

Kindof an eerie similarity, no?

Funny. Last year the Gophers didn't have that type of player... this year they do...

Next year we get Kristo... a player type we don't have this year.

Kindof an eerie similarity, no?

You're probably right, I don't think the Sioux have a player like Jordan Schroder but not many teams do. JVR from UNH, Colin Wilson from BU are also a stud forwards. I am hoping Cichy and Kristo can be as well. I ussually don't follow recruits too much I let in the guys like USA Hockey and others tell me about them.

You're probably right, I don't think the Sioux have a player like Jordan Schroder but not many teams do. JVR from UNH, Colin Wilson from BU are also a stud forwards. I am hoping Cichy and Kristo can be as well. I ussually don't follow recruits too much I let in the guys like USA Hockey and others tell me about them.

I think we'll need a guy like Jeremy Morin to match Schroeder's skills.... :sad:

I wounder what the chances of the Sioux getting him? I like what I saw of him when he was here.

:sad:

All the rumors of academic troubles have me thinking a lot of Morin being another Adam Pineault.

I still think he's going to go Major Juniors, but why he's waiting I don't know.

any games on tv in grand forks

There is a game on FSN 28 right now. There is some HS showcase in Minnesota. I think it might be the Swan Cup.

Also, Team Canada is on at 6:30 pm tonight on the NHL network. Also, Versus has two NY teams on tonight.

Thank you Schroeder.

You'll be seeing much of the same in 2 weekends :sad:

Not saying that he won't, but the really skilled players always do much better in the WJC than they do in WCHA play. When they get back to the WCHA, they have to deal with the hooking and holding, where they have lots of room to showcase their skill in international play.

Just look at Parise. He dominated the WJC when the USA won gold, then he came back to the Sioux and was being mugged all game again.

Not saying that he won't, but the really skilled players always do much better in the WJC than they do in WCHA play. When they get back to the WCHA, they have to deal with the hooking and holding, where they have lots of room to showcase their skill in international play.

Just look at Parise. He dominated the WJC when the USA won gold, then he came back to the Sioux and was being mugged all game again.

He seems to have a different role at Minnesota. I haven't seen any WJC games, but it looks like he's more of a goal scorer, where here he's more of a playmaker and distributor to scorers like Stoa or Barriball.