SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

I think Sioux fans have a right to be frustrated right now. Afterall, doesn't the team consistently have one of the highest ranked in-coming freshman recruiting classes year after year? How come teams like Minnesota can consistently be competitive even in years when they are light on upper classmen and heavy on new comers?

That said, the bar is set quite high so to fall back on the "it's a rebuilding year" excuse doesn't have much merit with me. I just find it inplausible how the team could have as many holes as they do and not enough fingers to plug 'em (pourous defense, shaky goaltending, lack of a power play, no offense). My God, can anyone tell me one aspect of the game where there are signs of strength?

Um the gophers didn't have such a great year last year, finishing without home ice. I think they will be a lot better this year. It's not like great teams can't have a bad year even with talent. We may be seeing that with us, whether we think it should be happening or not.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year i watched pretty much all their away games over B2 Networks... after last nights game and last weeks games, I am not sure if i wanna keep putting down 7 dollars a game when i could just listen through SiouxExtra. Don't get me wrong. I am HUGE Sioux fan..... I will still probably end up dropping the 7 dollars anyway once 7 o'clock comes around

Just don't make me regret it boys;)... Let's get a W today!

Last year i watched pretty much all their away games over B2 Networks... after last nights game and last weeks games, I am not sure if i wanna keep putting down 7 dollars a game when i could just listen through SiouxExtra. Don't get me wrong. I am HUGE Sioux fan..... I will still probably end up dropping the 7 dollars anyway once 7 o'clock comes around

Duluth's game now shows "canceled" for tonight on B2; the Sioux/Mavs are listing "technical difficulties" right now. May be radio again.

Um the gophers didn't have such a great year last year, finishing without home ice. I think they will be a lot better this year. It's not like great teams can't have a bad year even with talent. We may be seeing that with us, whether we think it should be happening or not.

Um, the Gophers managed to make it to finish 2nd in the WCHA tournament after having played 6 games in less than a week and then went on to make the NCAA tournament.....did you forget that? If that's "not such a great year" I bet a lot of teams would take it.

So do you guys think this is a good time for a week off or would you rather get back at it on Friday and build off of the last period of hockey?

I would think that with Finley and Watkins banged up (two Asst/Captains) a week off is a good thing. Otherwise I'd want to go right at it since much of our problem was getting our skates underneath us.

Not that I saw any of the games......

So do you guys think this is a good time for a week off or would you rather get back at it on Friday and build off of the last period of hockey?

good time. get finley, watkins and toews another full week or 2 to get healthy and then woop some bucky azz

Bucky will already be down after getting swept.

maybe so. kangas better be ready as sconnie can get up and down but are struggling in net. if the gophs can get the offense rolling they can get bucky. if not then a split will happen. will be a good series

maybe so. kangas better be ready as sconnie can get up and down but are struggling in net. if the gophs can get the offense rolling they can get bucky. if not then a split will happen. will be a good series

personally, as fun as it would be to drop wisco to 0-8, i'd prefer to play them with a win or two under their belt. i'm interested to see how this series goes this weekend.

As I sad before didn't that Steve Cygan from Anchorage do that against someone. Of course I could be wrong, but I swear I heard TH talk about this when it happened. All on a single major penalty.

He may have, but I think the big thing here is that Harrisons was a "natural". Maybe Cygans wasn't.

Anyway....I can't believe it happened either.

Good for him...bad for us. :D

As I sad before didn't that Steve Cygan from Anchorage do that against someone. Of course I could be wrong, but I swear I heard TH talk about this when it happened. All on a single major penalty.

No. There are only 4 players in AA history (1982-present) with 3 or more short handed goals in a season. He is not one of them. It may have been in an exhibition game and does not show up on the AA records page.

No. There are only 4 players in AA history (1982-present) with 3 or more short handed goals in a season. He is not one of them. It may have been in an exhibition game and does not show up on the AA records page.

I got it wrong then. Thanks for looking it up as I probably should have before I posted. Of course I was hoping that someone else would remember that as well.