SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Mike's leaving on Sunday for Portland. If he doesn't make it there, he'll play in Augusta, Georgia. He's already signed a contract there.

so hes trying out for the AHL team portland, thats the anaheim AHL team, if not then the ECHL, either way its a step up, good!

oshie and stafford in hf top 50 prospects!! ths should be staffords last time on this list!!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9897...s1125_fall2007/

16. Drew Stafford

One of the most complete players on this list, Stafford made a smooth and significant transition to the NHL last year with the Buffalo Sabres. The beefy 21-year-old winger compiled 27 points in 41 games with Buffalo and had 44 in only 34 games while on the farm in Rochester of the AHL. Stafford can do it all -- he can skate, pass, play the body, is defensively capable and can score. The University of North Dakota alumnus should help ease the pain for the Sabres as the team adapts to the loss of key roster players from their remarkable 2006-07 season. By midseason, Stafford is sure to graduate from Buffalo's prospect pool.

oshie and stafford in hf top 50 prospects!! ths should be staffords last time on this list!!

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9897...s1125_fall2007/

16. Drew Stafford

One of the most complete players on this list, Stafford made a smooth and significant transition to the NHL last year with the Buffalo Sabres. The beefy 21-year-old winger compiled 27 points in 41 games with Buffalo and had 44 in only 34 games while on the farm in Rochester of the AHL. Stafford can do it all -- he can skate, pass, play the body, is defensively capable and can score. The University of North Dakota alumnus should help ease the pain for the Sabres as the team adapts to the loss of key roster players from their remarkable 2006-07 season. By midseason, Stafford is sure to graduate from Buffalo's prospect pool.

Got my tickets and I am going to the game next Monday in the REA. I can't wait. Hopefully Drew will be in the line up.

Got my tickets and I am going to the game next Monday in the REA. I can't wait. Hopefully Drew will be in the line up.

hell if drew isnt that buffalo coach may want to get security to get him out of g forks, this should be done every year but with 2 teams having sioux players, a new jersey (parise,zajac) vs carolina (bayda,commodore) would be sweet but i also understand the local factor having the wild in the game! maybe they will bring up curtis murphy if he still is with them!!

TOEWS #2 overall hf prospect

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9900...ts110_fall2007/

2. Jonathan Toews

After scoring 46 points in 34 games for the University of North Dakota, Jonathan Toews confirmed that he was too good to stay in college hockey and signed an entry-level contract with the Chicago Blackhawks. A future first line center, Toews is both a playmaker and a leader on the ice. His top offensive talents, combined with a defensive awareness, make Toews the premier forward prospect in the league. Chicago has not had much to cheer about on the ice in the past few seasons, but the presence of Toews on the ice will change all that. Toews will compete for a roster spot early in the season and may graduate from prospect status by the end of the season.

TOEWS #2 overall hf prospect

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9900...ts110_fall2007/

2. Jonathan Toews

After scoring 46 points in 34 games for the University of North Dakota, Jonathan Toews confirmed that he was too good to stay in college hockey and signed an entry-level contract with the Chicago Blackhawks. A future first line center, Toews is both a playmaker and a leader on the ice. His top offensive talents, combined with a defensive awareness, make Toews the premier forward prospect in the league. Chicago has not had much to cheer about on the ice in the past few seasons, but the presence of Toews on the ice will change all that. Toews will compete for a roster spot early in the season and may graduate from prospect status by the end of the season.

When talking to Duncan up in Warroad in August, he was saying how Oshie tore up the Blues prospect camp and was by far...BY FAR...the best, and that included a camp that Erik Johnson (the supposed #1 prospect) was at. Toews ain't any worse than Oshie, so I'd like to see Toews at the top. That's all being said with green shaded glasses.

When talking to Duncan up in Warroad in August, he was saying how Oshie tore up the Blues prospect camp and was by far...BY FAR...the best, and that included a camp that Erik Johnson (the supposed #1 prospect) was at. Toews ain't any worse than Oshie, so I'd like to see Toews at the top. That's all being said with green shaded glasses.

EJ is raw still but will be a very very good nhl d man, just has to clean up that wrap around D :sad: and he will be just fine, toews is the number 1 prospect, many people know that but they also play different positions as well, its all pretty much based where each was drafted in a way as neither has really done anything to drop from their previous rankings, both i think will be great nhl players as will oshie!!

Toews first preseason game tonight. Playing Center on the 2nd line is what is predicted.

Also noticed that former Badger players Burish and Dowell are together on the 3rd line.

No TV information though.

EDIT: Also noticed that Porter is in the Blues lineup tonight

I'm not sure this info is still current but...

doesn't the owner of the Blackhawks refuse to televise home games due to low attendance?

EDIT: I'm talking local market. If Versus/ESPN/NBC (or whomever) picks up the game it would be televised of course...

updated list, please list if i have missed any and so forth.......thanks

CURRENT COACHES

NCAA

Dave Hakstol - Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Cary Eades - Associate Head Coach, University of North Dakota

Dane Jackson - Assistant Coach, University of North Dakota

Scott Sandelin - Head Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Lee Davidson - Assistant Coach, University of Minnesota Duluth

Tony Hrkac - Head Coach, Concordia University.Wisconsin Div-3

ACHA

Mark Berge - Head Coach, Univ of Oklahoma.(College Club)

AHL

Brad Berry - Assistant Coach, Manitoba Moose

ECHL

John Marks - Head Coach, Pensacola Ice Pilots

NHL

Dave Tippett - Head Coach, Dallas Stars

James Patrick - Assistant Coach, Buffalo Sabres

Steve Peters - Video Coach, Phoenix Coyotes

NAHL

Craig Ludwig - Assistant Coach, Texas Tornado

Dane Litke - Head Coach, Bismarck Bobcats

CURRENT PLAYERS