SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I swear, Zach Parise just spent the entire first period making Luke Schenn look awful.

"Clearing attempt by Schenn picked off by Parise. . ."

"Pass by Schenn stolen by Parise. . ."

"Schenn another turnover taken by Parise. . ."

So...random story. At the game on Sunday, I was in the upper bowl of the student section and there was a couple people behind me that had never been to a sioux game before. Anyways, one of them asked what former und players played in the all star game. and the other kid answered, "zach parise and some guy that plays for Chicago." I turned around and I was like,"did you just say that?" kids these days...lol :lol:

I sure hope he opens up his wallet - Zach's last contract was less than both Commodore's and Green's. Now I love both Commy and Greenee, but please, Zach is in the superstar price range.

I believe Zach recently signed a new deal for 4 or 5 years. I think he is making 2.5 this year and up from there.

So...random story. At the game on Sunday, I was in the upper bowl of the student section and there was a couple people behind me that had never been to a sioux game before. Anyways, one of them asked what former und players played in the all star game. and the other kid answered, "zach parise and some guy that plays for Chicago." I turned around and I was like,"did you just say that?" kids these days...lol :lol:

Might be basketball fans....? :angry:

As they were being separated at the end, Greene patted Commie, like, OK thanks for going, I had to stand up for my guy.

I noticed that, at about 39 seconds he give him a pat on the side as they are being seperated. I'm sure they'll have some laughs over that for years to come.

As part of that giveaway the Devils were doing that you posted a link to a few days back?

Anyhow, CONGRATS!!

Yes, too bad it won't get here 'til the seasons over, but at least I don't have to buy one now.

So . . . perhaps Zach Parise is psychic?

Zach Parise said he had a dream Saturday night about retrieving the puck after Jamie Langenbrunner scored his 200th NHL goal against Flyers. Langenbrunner mentioned the dream during the pre-game show Sunday with Matt Loughlin on WFAN.

Sure enough, Langenbrunner scored his 200th goal against the Flyers.

When I asked Parise Tuesday if he really dreamed about it, he reluctantly replied, "Yeah, I did, but I don't want to make a big deal about it."

That led me to ask if he had any dreams about me coming into any money.

"That was what Jamie said," Parise said. "He asked if he should buy a lottery ticket."

When I asked Langenbrunner if he had any dreams about Parise doing anything in Tuesday's game, he quipped, "I don't dream about Zach. I'm going to have to talk to him about that."

link

Was reading thru all the posts in the closed thread on the Commodore/Greene fight, and just wanted to point out that those 2 never wore a Sioux jersey at the same time. Commodore jumped to the NHL after his Junior year, and I know this because had he been on the ice for the rematch game in '01, Kylanos would NOT have gotten around him to score that goal. :D

Does it suck to see two of our favorite bruisers go at it?, yeah it does. But I'd have been more shocked if they had played together at UND, and then still went toe to toe in the NHL. They both did what had to be done, at the time, and I agree with most people have been saying, I am sure they won't hold a grudge.

Was reading thru all the posts in the closed thread on the Commodore/Greene fight, and just wanted to point out that those 2 never wore a Sioux jersey at the same time. Commodore jumped to the NHL after his Junior year, and I know this because had he been on the ice for the rematch game in '01, Kylanos would NOT have gotten around him to score that goal. :D

Does it suck to see two of our favorite bruisers go at it?, yeah it does. But I'd have been more shocked if they had played together at UND, and then still went toe to toe in the NHL. They both did what had to be done, at the time, and I agree with most people have been saying, I am sure they won't hold a grudge.

Pretty sure we all know they wont hold a grudge. I'd say Greene wont for sure, since he put the smackdown on the Punk from Denver during thier team practice, and then went out to dinner with him later. Pretty sure the Punk bought though.

I doubt Commodore will either. All that is just business as usual.