SiouxSports.com Forum

UW-L vs UND

SiouxMD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh please, it will be 30-0 by halftime.

agreed. come on these first three games are a frickin joke for a school that is hyping the move to DI. two divsion 2 schools and a division 3 school come on. you mean to tell me that they could find a bottom feeding DI school to come up here ala valpo like the NDSU when they kicked off their move to DI? wasn't northern colorado available? I can understand scheduling problems but to have your first three games be these three, what a joke. I'm a FSC member and won't be dishing out money for football season tickets anyime soon.

agreed. come on these first three games are a frickin joke for a school that is hyping the move to DI. two divsion 2 schools and a division 3 school come on. you mean to tell me that they could find a bottom feeding DI school to come up here ala valpo like the NDSU when they kicked off their move to DI? wasn't northern colorado available? I can understand scheduling problems but to have your first three games be these three, what a joke. I'm a FSC member and won't be dishing out money for football season tickets anyime soon.

No need to freak out. What difference does nomenclature mean when the teams are crappy? (valpo and uw-l) I actually think UW-L is probably better then valpo was. Get out there and support the guys! We already know next year's schedule will be better.

No need to freak out. What difference does nomenclature mean when the teams are crappy? (valpo and uw-l) I actually think UW-L is probably better then valpo was. Get out there and support the guys! We already know next year's schedule will be better.

I agree. Everybody knew this year was going to be very tough in terms of scheduling. This season is the aberration, and not the rule in terms of what to expect from future schedules.

I agree. Everybody knew this year was going to be very tough in terms of scheduling. This season is the aberration, and not the rule in terms of what to expect from future schedules.

Absolutely! If our schedule is like this in the next 2 years, then it is time to stop showing up to games. Right now, the team and the university needs your butts (and your cash) in the seats, regardless of who we are playing.

UW-L would kick Valpo up and down the field and this schedule is a typical transition schedule, not that much different than any other school that has gone through the same transition. Keep in mind Wisconsin has no DII schools so the DIII schools have access to a higher level of talent - which is also why lots of DII schools and even IAA schools heavily recruit the Badger State.

Wow..........spoken like someone who truly has absolutely no clue what-so-ever about how switching divisons work. No hard feelings, not everyone is as big of a nerd as me. :) I'm sure the student-athletes would really like to thank you for your support though. Way to go! :lol:

No need to freak out. What difference does nomenclature mean when the teams are crappy? (valpo and uw-l) I actually think UW-L is probably better then valpo was.................................

People keep bringing up Valparaiso. Valpo made a name for itself in DI basketball. Fact is they recruit the same players as UW-Lacrosse. The two teams UND has defeated this season would probably have put up 50 or more points on any Valpo team, and UW-Lax would probably come close as well.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but these types of posts make me not want to read this forum. Just flat-out jaded, myopic, pessimistic, uninformed negativity at it's finest.

Did somebody kick your dog recently? :lol:

Absolutely! If our schedule is like this in the next 2 years, then it is time to stop showing up to games.

This is a terrible statement, shows why UND doesn't draw as well as they should. UND football has a bunch of fair weather fans that make the good fans look bad. Half the people wouldn't know the difference between Cal Poly and UW Lacrosse so why should that keep them from a game?

This is a terrible statement, shows why UND doesn't draw as well as they should. UND football has a bunch of fair weather fans that make the good fans look bad. Half the people wouldn't know the difference between Cal Poly and UW Lacrosse so why should that keep them from a game?

My point was that this is a transition year, and if things go as they should, teams like UW LAX will not appear on our schedule after this year and maybe next year. It was typed with supreme confidence that we will get through this and next year's transition schedules and can look forward to FCS teams visiting the Al very soon. I don't think it is out of line to state that if these non FCS teams keep visiting the Al year after year, that I would lose interest and not attend games...after all, we moved up to avoid playing teams like St. Cloud, Kingsville, and UWLAX.

Main point: Show up this year and next year no matter who we are playing. It will only help build the program.

I understand that the schedule is what it is and I also understand that some people are willing to support Sioux Football regardless of the opponent and some have no desire to watch a UND vs St. Cloud or UND vs UW-L. Im fine with both, I can see both sides. In fact watching UND vs St. Cloud last week I admit that I was bored by halftime. That being said it is just reaffirmation that the DI move was necessary.

I do have a problem with the Athletic Department promoting the Texas A&M Kingsville as the first DI game. In my opinion we don't see DI football at the Alerus Center until Southern Utah comes to town. Don't try to market a product that isn't there. And I'm not saying not to market those games but to market them as DI football is what I have a difficult time with. Let's face it, we are playing a NCAA Division III school this saturday. We are a team with ~62 scholarships playing a team with ZERO.

I will continue to support UND athletics because as many of you have stated the department needs it and the kids deserve it. But I will admit that I'm not sure that I can take many more years of this type of schedule and mix that in with UND telling me that "This is DI football" I lose my excitement.

I am willing to grin and bear it and look for a much improved HOME schedule next season.

Regarding the schedule, it's kind of interesting to go back and read the "UND 2008 schedule" thread to see what may have been this year. We should have hosted USD. We should be playing at Cal Poly. We apparently had agreements (per Dale Lennon on the coaches' show last season) to play McNeese State and one of the Texas FCS schools. Granted, had some of those games not fallen through we probably wouldn't be playing Southern Illinois, and the home schedule still would have included some not-go-great opponents, but had things not fallen apart for various reasons, this could have been an extremely respectable first year FCS schedule. We just need to be a little patient. Things will get better soon.