SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

If this quote from a self professed Bison fan doesn't illustrate how this rivalry has been dormant too long I don't know what does. There's a generation of fans that has no idea...

I'm a little confused about this reply. If you're referring to how well Sioux fans travel and using the Bison-Sioux rivalry game as an example, I don't think that's a good example of fan support. Obviously Sioux fans from Fargo would be at the dome for a game between us and I'm sure you could get quite a few to come down from GF since it's only 70 miles away.

If you're referring to a Montana-Sioux rivalry, then I apologize, and you're right, I have no idea. I was basically just saying that you should have alot of fans at that game because of the short drive to get there, the traditional program that is Montana, and a great venue for football.

I'm a little confused about this reply. If you're referring to how well Sioux fans travel and using the Bison-Sioux rivalry game as an example, I don't think that's a good example of fan support. Obviously Sioux fans from Fargo would be at the dome for a game between us and I'm sure you could get quite a few to come down from GF since it's only 70 miles away.

If you're referring to a Montana-Sioux rivalry, then I apologize, and you're right, I have no idea. I was basically just saying that you should have alot of fans at that game because of the short drive to get there, the traditional program that is Montana, and a great venue for football.

Bison fans (or fans from any other NCC team for that matter) with history from the NCC days know the Sioux travel well, wherever they are playing.

My son is ten. He and his friends tried to tell me the other day that the Bison and Sioux are not rivals. Fact is, since they have been old enough to understand and follow sports, there haven't been any (spare me the minor sports) games between the two. There really is a generation coming up that has no idea.

Bison fans (or fans from any other NCC team for that matter) with history from the NCC days know the Sioux travel well, wherever they are playing.

My son is ten. He and his friends tried to tell me the other day that the Bison and Sioux are not rivals. Fact is, since they have been old enough to understand and follow sports, there haven't been any (spare me the minor sports) games between the two. There really is a generation coming up that has no idea.

2013 & 14 are probably the next shot, with the twelve game seasons. I don't see Taylor willing to go with only five home dates, and I can't see Faison signing up for a one-game shot in the Fargodome.

I guess my point was, from someone that remembers the old NCC days, is that telling a Bison fan who only watches the Sioux play when they are playing the Bison, that are 70 miles to the south of you and you're biggest rival, that you travel well isn't a good example. Obviously both schools fans bases are going to be well represented at each others place when those are the cirumstances. I'm wondering how many people would go to Montana not NDSU. I'm not going to know how many Sioux fans went to USD, SDSU, Mankato, UNO, Auggie, or St. Cloud for a game unless maybe I saw some figures on here. And trust me, I have a pretty good idea of our rivalry.

2013 & 14 are probably the next shot, with the twelve game seasons. I don't see Taylor willing to go with only five home dates, and I can't see Faison signing up for a one-game shot in the Fargodome.

Only five home games...wait you mean like this season?

I can see Taylor going 1 FBS away, 1 guarantee game at home and 1 home/home with a solid FCS program...just like we're doing this season.

I can see Taylor going 1 FBS away, 1 guarantee game at home and 1 home/home with a solid FCS program...just like we're doing this season.

That's fulfilling a previous obligation to SHSU made during the Great West days. I really can't say as I blame him it's the cash cow of your athletic department and I'd want six home dates every season too.

Dude, you're the one who went on and on(and on and on) that NDSU was going to buy out the SHSU contract because there was NO WAY that NDSU would EVER only have 5 home games in a season. Now you're saying it's going to happen often?

Dude, you're the one who went on and on(and on and on) that NDSU was going to buy out the SHSU contract because there was NO WAY that NDSU would EVER only have 5 home games in a season. Now you're saying it's going to happen often?

And on further review I think the offense was on the field for too many minutes against AP and CCSU.

You play that many minutes of a football game running the ball like we do...someone is going to get hurt. Just the way it is. Sadly, it was Tyler Roehl and it cost us wins against Wyoming and Youngstown.

NDSU is in the playoffs last season and probably hosting a game at the Dome if we win those two.

And on further review I think the offense was on the field for too many minutes against AP and CCSU.

You play that many minutes of a football game running the ball like we do...someone is going to get hurt. Just the way it is. Sadly, it was Tyler Roehl and it cost us wins against Wyoming and Youngstown.

NDSU is in the playoffs last season and probably hosting a game at the Dome if we win those two.

:lol:???

Good Lord... :lol:

But you didn't. Gotta love excuses. Every team in football has injuries, deal with them, don't make excuses of them.

Roehl healthy = win both games, in the playoffs guaranteed. Don't know for sure that we'd host, just a guess.

Yeah it's an excuse, so what?

Last time I checked injuries happen. I wonder if either one of those teams you lost to had injuries to key players when you played them or how many teams you beat during the year that where missing key players. I just think its funny that you think injuries only happen to your team and thats the only reason you lost those games. The fact that Youngstown ran the same play against your defense all game and you couldn't stop it or the picks thrown against Wyoming probably had just as much to do with it. Just my thoughts though. Gotta love excuses.

Last time I checked injuries happen. I wonder if either one of those teams you lost to had injuries to key players when you played them or how many teams you beat during the year that where missing key players. I just think its funny that you think injuries only happen to your team and thats the only reason you lost those games. The fact that Youngstown ran the same play against your defense all game and you couldn't stop it or the picks thrown against Wyoming probably had just as much to do with it. Just my thoughts though. Gotta love excuses.

Those things didn't help, for sure.

All I'm saying is with Roehl we win those games and go to the playoffs. 8-3 gets us in over a 7 win team.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a pretty darn good schedule at this point with three quality opponents at home. Lamar is just resurrecting their FB program but they may be respectable. I also hope that we are able to find another couple of good teams agreeable to coming to the Alerus.

Have we heard what the pay days are for the Idaho and N. Illinois games? I assume both are minimal.

Date Opponent Location Time (CT)

Sat, Sep 04 Idaho at Moscow, Idaho TBA

Sat, Sep 11 Northern Illinois at Dekalb, Ill. TBA

Sat, Sep 18 Northeastern State Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Sep 25 OPEN Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 02 South Dakota * at Vermillion, S.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 09 Southern Utah * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Oct 16 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Oct 23 Cal Poly * at San Luis Obispo, Calif. TBA

Sat, Oct 30 Lamar Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 06 UC Davis * Grand Forks, N.D. TBA

Sat, Nov 13 Montana at Missoula, Mont. TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Open TBA TBA

* Conference Games

This is a pretty darn good schedule at this point with three quality opponents at home. Lamar is just resurrecting their FB program but they may be respectable. I also hope that we are able to find another couple of good teams agreeable to coming to the Alerus.

Have we heard what the pay days are for the Idaho and N. Illinois games? I assume both are minimal.

Sat, Oct 16 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Open TBA TBA

* Conference Games

Is this next year's tenatvie schedule? Or what year?

Sat, Oct 16 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Open TBA TBA

* Conference Games

I know it's not on Wiki anymore, but I think Northwestern State is making a return trip on Sept 25, unless it has been bought out already or something. Hopefully they make t he trip up to ND.

Sat, Oct 16 Open TBA TBA

Sat, Nov 20 Open TBA TBA

* Conference Games

Not sure why Northwestern St. was removed from the 2010 schedule posted at fightingsioux.com a few weeks ago, but I've been told by both Brian Faison and Mike Schepp that the Demons are still contracted to make a return trip to GF on Sept. 25 next season.

Could a UND - Hawaii game be back on for 2011? Hawaii hasn't yet scheduled a FCS school that season.

Washington State dropped this game "citing uncertainty in Pac-10 scheduling for the 2011 season".

Wash St pulls out of 2011 Hawaii game

UH athletic director Jim Donovan announced yesterday that the 2011 game between the Warriors and Cougars has been canceled. A release from UH stated that Donovan received a letter from Washington State last week notifying UH of its intent to cancel the game, citing uncertainty in Pac-10 scheduling for the 2011 season.

Washington State will have to pay $300,000 for canceling the game, which was scheduled for Nov. 26, 2011, at Aloha Stadium.

The cancellation leaves UH with two openings in its 2011 schedule.

"Even though this wasn't a contract that was done during my tenure, Washington State has notified us they will comply with the buyout terms, so our job now is to find a replacement game," Donovan said in the release.

UH's other nonconference games that season are a home game against Colorado, followed by back-to-back road games at Washington and UNLV in September.

On second thought, maybe we should schedule Washington State?

"Frankly, Central Arkansas is a much better team [than Washington State]," Hawaii center John Estes told the Honolulu Star-Review after the Warriors defeated the Cougars' 38-20 last week.

Washington State was dominated from the start, giving up 35 consecutive points in the first half before Hawaii began putting in reserves. The Warriors finished with 626 total yards and quarterback Greg Alexander passed for a career-high 453 yards and three touchdowns.

"All this stuff about struggling against an [FCS] team ... a football team's a football team," Estes said when comparing Central Arkansas to the Cougars. "We knew we were going to beat Wazzu. We should've put up 70, but we made a lot of mistakes."

Wow, that hurts. Especially when realize that Central Arkansas has a good but not great FCS program and lost, 25-20, to Hawaii in Honolulu to open the season.