SiouxSports.com Forum

CHL

Sioux

with this garrett clark thing becoming a big deal, i was wondering what the chl pays. we can also start some other debates, like the classic NCAA VS. CHL. i think that the CHL has a longer schedule, but other than that, i dont know too much about it.

with this garrett clark thing becoming a big deal, i was wondering what the chl pays. we can also start some other debates, like the classic NCAA VS. CHL. i think that the CHL has a longer schedule, but other than that, i dont know too much about it.

I know it's the off season but do you seriously want to go down that road?

I know it's the off season but do you seriously want to go down that road?

yeah, why not? do you realize how boring this site is in the off season? besides, we are all pro college here anyway, right?? :lol:

Here's the debate in a nutshell:

CHL fans feel their system is superior to DI and can list a bunch of "reasons" why.

NCAA fans feel their system is superior to or equal to the CHL and can list a bunch of "reasons" why.

Neither side likes each other and neither side acts truly civil. Truly, though, they make the most arrogant Gopher fans look like the most humblest of people in the world. Seriously...

There are advantages to the CHL, such as the fact they don't have to attend college courses to play hockey, they play more games, they can sign with the NHL and not lose CHL eligibility provided their age is within the age range the CHL allows, and they get some sort of compensation package.

Not an argument worth having. Just one destined for trolling and flaming.

Here's the debate in a nutshell:

CHL fans feel their system is superior to DI and can list a bunch of "reasons" why.

NCAA fans feel their system is superior to or equal to the CHL and can list a bunch of "reasons" why.

Neither side likes each other and neither side acts truly civil. Truly, though, they make the most arrogant Gopher fans look like the most humblest of people in the world. Seriously...

There are advantages to the CHL, such as the fact they don't have to attend college courses to play hockey, they play more games, they can sign with the NHL and not lose CHL eligibility provided their age is within the age range the CHL allows, and they get some sort of compensation package.

Not an argument worth having. Just one destined for trolling and flaming.

Canada sucks. Nuff said.

And what's wrong with Minot and VC? :lol:

Hmmm..

Ever drive there from Grand Forks? That's one God-awful stretch of highway. I keep on debating whether or not that stretch of highway or I29 between GF and Fargo is the worst stretch of asphalt in the US.

Valley City.... I dunno... When I was there the first thing that came to mind is "Trailer park city"

Probably isn't, to be honest, but it was definitely the first impression I got.

In any case, why give props to a city that is similar to Minot when you can spend your time in a real city... like Seattle.

Hmmm..

Ever drive there from Grand Forks? That's one God-awful stretch of highway. I keep on debating whether or not that stretch of highway or I29 between GF and Fargo is the worst stretch of asphalt in the US.

If you think that those are the worst stretches of highway in the US then you haven't traveled much. There are worse stretches in pretty much every plains state, including North Dakota and in several Southern states I have driven through. And I am talking by any definition, including condition of road, lack of scenery or anything else.

Hmmm..

Valley City.... I dunno... When I was there the first thing that came to mind is "Trailer park city"

In any case, why give props to a city that is similar to Minot when you can spend your time in a real city... like Seattle.

What road do you take from Grand Forks to Minot? Highway 2 is not bad after everything they have done to fix it.....you evidently have never been on the highway by Upham, ND? HORRIBLE!

If you think that those are the worst stretches of highway in the US then you haven't traveled much. There are worse stretches in pretty much every plains state, including North Dakota and in several Southern states I have driven through. And I am talking by any definition, including condition of road, lack of scenery or anything else.

You have never driven in eastern Montana then.I've traveled on better gravel roads than some of the roads they claim are highways.Talk about desolate.

Sure Valley City has a trailer park you can see right off I-94 but get into the city itself and it is well maintained.If you are from GF redwing then I don't know how you can say anything bad about another city in North Dakota.I have lived in Jamestown for almost 40 years now so is this town a trailer park to?BTW I was born in GF.

I'm basically judging solely by lack of scenery.

The road condition of both are pretty good.

I'm basically judging solely by lack of scenery.

The road condition of both are pretty good.

Don't complain it is some of the most fruitful farming country in the nation. Next time you are eating a piece of wheat toast you can think of that stretch of scenery.

Hmmm..

If you found asphalt between Fargo and GF you weren't on I29. That's concrete, Mapletoft. If you haven't clunk/clunk/clunked along MN's I94 lately, you haven't been on concrete that is need of replacement; ND's is much better.

Highway 2 to Minot is good, except the stretch between Rugby and Towner, which they have been slowly upgrading.

Exactly what attractive scenery are you seeing around Fargo? If you don't like prairie and wetlands, then you need to stay away from western ND.

Here's the easiest way to put it. Pretty much all of ND sucks with the exception of a few acres where REA resides.

i love when people complain how much this state sucks when they live here. why dont you move if you hate it so much?

How does a thread on the CHL and NCAA turn into a thread about highways in ND?

I think ND is an awesome state. We have diverse and beautiful scenery. Fields growing everything. The badlands, the turtle mountains, Missouri river, and many other things. ND is a great state.

There are worse roads then those in ND. Ever been on 2 lanes across Nevada?

When you get right down to it though, it is all personal opinion. And in reality, there is unique and pretty scenery pretty much everywhere.

How does a thread on the CHL and NCAA turn into a thread about highways in ND?

I think ND is an awesome state. We have diverse and beautiful scenery. Fields growing everything. The badlands, the turtle mountains, Missouri river, and many other things. ND is a great state.

You forgot the part where there are not a lot of people. :lol: I really love that part as well. I also like that it has the best Duck, Pheasant and Sharpie hunting in the upper midwest.

SHHH, Lets keep that a secret.

Yeah I suppose I better be careful or there will be someone sitting in my favorite hunting spot.

With gas at $4.00 a gallon this year we might not have to worry about it. :lol: