SiouxSports.com Forum

CHL

Sioux

So what about this CHL vs. college hockey thing?

actually, when i started the thread, i was thinking that was a possibility. my main question was about the pay, and what kind of things the whl could tempt clarke with. nobody liked that idea, so we are talking about the highway system. if i would have known this, i would have started a highway thread...maybe we would be talking about the chl then. :lol:

actually, when i started the thread, i was thinking that was a possibility. my main question was about the pay, and what kind of things the whl could tempt clarke with. nobody liked that idea, so we are talking about the highway system. if i would have known this, i would have started a highway thread...maybe we would be talking about the chl then. :lol:

I was under the impression the money was very minor and basically just spending money.

I read it some where.

The WHL won't be tempting Clarke at all. The QMJHL will.

They receive a compensation package of some kind that they can use towards a college education if they desire. They have the ability to hire an agent. They can be signed by the NHL team that drafts them and not lose eligibility provided they aren't over 21.

Really, the main temptation besides compensation lies in academics. NCAA hockey players have to balance academics with athletics or they lose eligibility. MJ players may still have academics to worry about, but I've yet to see evidence that not doing well in college affects MJ eligibility in the slightest.

I was under the impression the money was very minor and basically just spending money.

I read it some where.

The money is all negotiable. I'm sure Sid Crosby did slightly better than spending money.

That said UND got Toews and I'm guessing others to turn their back on the CHL, so I don't see why this Clarke dude would be any different.

The WHL won't be tempting Clarke at all. The QMJHL will.

They receive a compensation package of some kind that they can use towards a college education if they desire. They have the ability to hire an agent. They can be signed by the NHL team that drafts them and not lose eligibility provided they aren't over 21.

Really, the main temptation besides compensation lies in academics. NCAA hockey players have to balance academics with athletics or they lose eligibility. MJ players may still have academics to worry about, but I've yet to see evidence that not doing well in college affects MJ eligibility in the slightest.

my bad, i messed up there. thanks for the info beyond, though.