SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 NHL Playoffs

GeauxSioux

O'Sullivan from Stafford makes it 3-2. US right back into the hockey game.

you do realize that there was already a thread on the world championships about six threads down from this one? :glare: Not to be the thread police, but we do have to look down the page a little bit before we post.

That is to everyone, including myself and not directed at just you. :0

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost as if we are sharing a brain on the subject of NHL playoffs...

Great minds think a like. :D My picks over on hockey buzz got killed.

I can't wait to watch the Pens and Flyers.

Watching Pens/Flyers Game 2 tonight I couldn't help but notice Derian Hatcher is (still) a punk. Talbot scores go-ahead goal, Hatcher knocks Talbot to the ice. And what was up with that glove to the face of Jarko Rutuu? How classy. :D

That's playoff hockey for yeah.

Those darn Redwings are up 3-0 in their series with Dallas. I just hope the Pens win and BEAT THEM in the finals!!! GO PENS GO!!

I think the Pens-Wings series would be fun to watch, but "hockeytown" doesn't deserve to host any Stanley Cup playoff games. They can barely fill 2/3 of their arena.

Not all players behave that way in the playoffs, only the thugs and punks. I haven't seen Brooks Orpik, who is also a physical player, perform such classless tactics. So, no, that isn't playoff hockey. That's a thug being a thug.

You haven't watched much hockey lately have you? Orpik is the king of cheap shots.

:)

Coming from the guy who thinks Ulf Samuelsson was more of a thug than Derek Boogard is, I will take your comment with a grain of salt. On second thought, I better take the entire salt shaker.

All wisecracks aside, I haven't missed a Penguins game since the playoffs started. I think your definition of cheap shot is different than mine. Please give me a specific example of Brooks doing something as classless as knocking down an opposing player who has just scored a goal. Hatcher was displaying a serious case of sour grapes, something that I have yet to see out of Orpik.

Go Pens!!!

I will comb through YouTube and if I see one I will pull it up for you if they have any examples of thuggary. :D

I haven't missed a game during the Pens game during the Stanley Cup Playoffs; now I am going to have keep notes so I can let you know. You should know that Orpik isn't cheaper that ULFIE not many are.

You haven't watched much hockey lately have you? Orpik is the king of cheap shots.

He must have missed the NCAA championship game of 2001. Maybe Orpik has cleaned up his cheap shots since then, but I doubt it. Haven't seen enough of the Pens this season to say one way or the other.

He must have missed the NCAA championship game of 2001. Maybe Orpik has cleaned up his cheap shots since then, but I doubt it. Haven't seen enough of the Pens this season to say one way or the other.

What is ironic is that it was a Oprik that cheaped Chorney with his leg check during the Frozen Four.

Orpick took out Cole in 2006 as well with a check from behind.

The Pens trounce the Flyers 6-0. Fluery with the shutout and I thought he was the weak link but

it proved to not be the case...

Well, for one thing Brooks is not responsible for his brother's actions. As for Chorney's injury, I never for one moment thought the play in which he was injured was cheap.

Dave in all respect the hit in Chorney was dirty and cheap and if it had been a regular season game there probably would have been some retaliation for the hit.

It looks like the Pens and dead things. I am hoping the pens win it all.

Listening to XM this past week and weekend I have heard some of the so called pundits and hockey experts not

giving the pens that much of chance of winning. I think it could be an exciting series.

I hated to see one of the best players on my favorite team get hurt, but at the same time I understand and accept that what happened is just part of the game.

We both cheer for the same team, but I wonder if maybe you can't see past the colors when deciding what is cheap and what isn't. I can be objective about a situation and admit that sometimes a player on my team was in the wrong (like when Finley tried to pick a fight with Wheeler in the handshake line). It seems like you have never seen a Sioux player do anything wrong, yet Sioux opponents are constantly in the wrong. I suspect that had Chorney been playing for BC and Orpik for UND, you wouldn't say that play was cheap. Based on all of your posts that I have read over the years, you seem to be extremely biased.

Now, in all fairness, maybe I'm misjudging you. If you can give me an example of what you perceived to be a cheap shot by a player who plays for either the Sioux or your favorite NHL team (is it the Wild or the Bruins) then maybe I can see things in a different light.

Dave all respect Leg checks are not part of hockey and NOT just part of the game. There are others that have said the hit Chorney took was dirty or at least very quesitonable. It should have been a 5 minute penalty and even the ESPN announcers thought it should have been a penalty.

Sure I question hits when I see them. Voros this past season Hit a player from behind and it was dirty. Voros hits Staal from behind. This past season Kozek hit a SCSU player with a leg check that I thought was questionable.

(like when Finley tried to pick a fight with Wheeler in the handshake line).

Now, in all fairness, maybe I'm misjudging you. If you can give me an example of what you perceived to be a cheap shot by a player who plays for either the Sioux or your favorite NHL team (is it the Wild or the Bruins) then maybe I can see things in a different light.

Dave Finley pulling Wheeler out of the handshake line was probably a bush league move. What from I heard it was after

wheeler was running his mouth which is also clasless and bush league but probably not real cool. Makes great theater though.

Dave you call me a homer I don't care because it is true. I don't really like any team but my Sioux, Wild and Bruins.

It is what it is.

It looks like the Pens and dead things. I am hoping the pens win it all.

Listening to XM this past week and weekend I have heard some of the so called pundits and hockey experts not

giving the pens that much of chance of winning. I think it could be an exciting series.

I would normally always cheer for the Eastern team, but once it was either Pens or Philly, I just couldn't do it (I quipped to Mrs. SiouxSports that the only good outcome to that series would be some sort of natural or man-made disaster canceling the Eastern Conference playoffs and both teams losing).

That said, Philly was dramatically overachieving, but Pitt really is that good. It's no secret that I'm not much of a Crosby fan, but he's been playing a solid setup role, Malkin has been awesome, and most surprisingly the Pitt D has been stifling.

I think that will be the real question -- if Detroit (a somewhat unfamiliar and far more experience opponent) can crack the Penguin D, they could crush the Penguins because that's what Pitt has been riding for the last couple rounds. On the other hand, if the Pens can stay true to form...