SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 NHL Playoffs

GeauxSioux

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone watching this game, that is twice now that Montreal has scored and the Flyers horn has gone off.

I thought last nights game was a pretty good hockey. Anytime you get to watch the Habs lose is a bonus in my opinion.

Why do they sing God Bless America instead of the Star Spangled Banner in Philly?

Because apparently when it is sung they win games...so it has brought them success in the past.

According to Wiki.

I think its stupid...and that singer on the ice butchers O Canada too.

I realize I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here, but it seems like we have a decent chance of seeing a rematch of the 1991 Stanley Cup (Pens/Stars).

Looking like this might happen more and more... I am happy the Habs are about to get knocked out of the playoffs. :glare:

I think I watched the worst fans in proffesional hockey last night in the Philadelphia Flyers. Who boo's an opposing player after he takes a 90 mph slapshot in the chest and is unable to get up and then continue to boo him while he is going to the lockerroom. It was like watching 5 yr olds at the play ground. :glare:

I think I watched the worst fans in proffesional hockey last night in the Philadelphia Flyers. Who boo's an opposing player after he takes a 90 mph slapshot in the chest and is unable to get up and then continue to boo him while he is going to the lockerroom. It was like watching 5 yr olds at the play ground. :glare:

I completely agree, how would they have felt if it turned out to be more serious (i.e. internal bleeding, low percentage but maybe death) Those fans should be ashamed. I am still ashamed that I initially cheered when Smaby hit Trotter and continued to cheer when he couldn't get up, but I quickly shutup when I realized it was serious.

Maybe my next question is why are the Habs fans booing the American anthem?

That is all class in my book...