SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 NHL Playoffs

GeauxSioux

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else really like the VS. commercials for the playoffs? I do!

Siren Promo

My favorite one is with the spinning goal light and the voice says: "I am victory. I am defeat. I am victory. I am defeat." LOL

My favorite isn't a playoff commercial, but it's the one with Ryan Miller and __________________(another goalie, cant remember who right now) with the "Your Momma's so ugly" one liners.

Not to mention all of the DIVING that Peter the Dive queen has been doing.

Not saying he isnt but if you think Laperriere is a thug, then what do you think Boogaard is? I mean, c'mon! Take off the glasses. Oh yeah, and the better team advanced, the more disciplined and skilled team. Theodore was amazing too. And while we are on the topic of thugs, how about the 101 penalty minutes compared to the 46 of the Wild in game 4. Face it Wild Fans, the Avs are just plain better!! Quit making excuses that Forsberg was diving. You have got to be kidding me. Are you really going to say the Wild lost cause ONE player was diving (in your eyes)?? This is a player that is one of the best ever in the game, and has never been known to dive. Stop crying Wild fans

Another shotty attempt at the playoffs by Minnesota's favorite NHL team. That franchise needs to go out and improve at the deadline just once. Look at what the rest of the west does to improve themselves in the offseason and at the deadline:

Detroit- Rafalski, Stuart

San Jose- Brian Campbell (deadline)

Anaheim- Selanne, Neidermayer to come back

Dallas- Richards (from Tampa deadline)

Colorado- Forsberg, Smyth

What do the Wild do, Chris Simon. I don't get why Minnesota franchises are afraid to make the big play at the deadline. How can one cities four pro teams be so content with mediocrity? I'm disgusted.

--Breakin' Face "Delivering Greatness One Post At a Time"

Not saying he isnt but if you think Laperriere is a thug, then what do you think Boogaard is? I mean, c'mon! Take off the glasses. Oh yeah, and the better team advanced, the more disciplined and skilled team. Theodore was amazing too. And while we are on the topic of thugs, how about the 101 penalty minutes compared to the 46 of the Wild in game 4. Face it Wild Fans, the Avs are just plain better!! Quit making excuses that Forsberg was diving. You have got to be kidding me. Are you really going to say the Wild lost cause ONE player was diving (in your eyes)?? This is a player that is one of the best ever in the game, and has never been known to dive. Stop crying Wild fans

I don't remember anyone saying the stuff your saying. Yes Forsberg is a dive queen. Yep the Wild lost because they didn't play as well as the Av's nor are they as talented as the Av's. That is the fault of the GM. The non-deal at the trade deed line killed the Wild and the GM should pay with his job.

Personally, although a great side show is one dimensional. also, the Boogeyman maybe a waste of a roster spot, it is funny watching beat up people but Simon is a better hockey players than Boogaard. The Wild didn't need anymore bruisers they needed able defenseman and players that are tougher than perimeter players like PMB. The fridge was a great pickup, he and Aaron Voros can do the Boogeyman's role.

What Sean Avery did was one of the most classic and smartest hockey plays I have ever witnessed. What he did was perfectly legal according to the league's rules at the time. He was out of the crease and screening the goalie in the most creative way I have ever seen. It's almost a shame the Rangers did not score on that play to really cap it off. Instead of ripping on Avery we should be complaining about the spineless New Jersey Devils team that wouldn't run a guy who was messing with their goalie. Would Scott Stevens, Claude Lemieux, or Scott Neidermayer allow that to happen, absolutley not. Maybe thats why the three guys I named won Stanley Cups in New Jersey and the current Devils watch Stanley Cups.

--Breakin face "The Voice of Reason"

What Sean Avery did was one of the most classic and smartest hockey plays I have ever witnessed. What he did was perfectly legal according to the league's rules at the time. He was out of the crease and screening the goalie in the most creative way I have ever seen. It's almost a shame the Rangers did not score on that play to really cap it off. Instead of ripping on Avery we should be complaining about the spineless New Jersey Devils team that wouldn't run a guy who was messing with their goalie. Would Scott Stevens, Claude Lemieux, or Scott Neidermayer allow that to happen, absolutley not. Maybe thats why the three guys I named won Stanley Cups in New Jersey and the current Devils watch Stanley Cups.

--Breakin face "The Voice of Reason"

no that was a classless act and a dumb play I have ever seen! it is just one of those unwrittin rules that you dont do something like that! you wouldnt need someone like scott stevens claude lemieux or scott neidermayer if you didnt have bush league players like Avery.

--Breakin face "The Voice of Stupid"

no that was a classless act and a dumb play I have ever seen! it is just one of those unwrittin rules that you dont do something like that! you wouldnt need someone like scott stevens claude lemieux or scott neidermayer if you didnt have bush league players like Avery.

The NHL ruled that it should have been a penalty. It was a classless act and Avery should have been challenged by the NJ defense. I would be willing to bet if Scott Stevens was still on the Devils that would have never happened.

Why is it any different than having a hippo type power play? Would it be classless to put Chara in front of the net on the power play to screen the goalie? I realize Avery has quite the reputation around the league, and has done some uncalled for acts in the game of hockey, but to criticize him for this of all things is unwarranted. A bush league play in my opinion is swinging your stick like a baseball bat at another opponent, sucker punching a guy, or running a guy away from the play. Waving your stick in front of a goalie's face on the other hand is the equivalent of taking a dive.

--Breakin face "Don Cherry's Fashion Designer"

Why is it any different than having a hippo type power play? Would it be classless to put Chara in front of the net on the power play to screen the goalie? I realize Avery has quite the reputation around the league, and has done some uncalled for acts in the game of hockey, but to criticize him for this of all things is unwarranted. A bush league play in my opinion is swinging your stick like a baseball bat at another opponent, sucker punching a guy, or running a guy away from the play. Waving your stick in front of a goalie's face on the other hand is the equivalent of taking a dive.

--Breakin face "Don Cherry's Fashion Designer"

except when you take a dive you usually get a penalty for it!

except when you take a dive you usually get a penalty for it!

If you dive you get 2 minutes, along with tripping, and hooking. Avery as of this week would receive goalie interference another two minute penalty. When he did this it was not considered a penalty by the officials and received 0 minutes. In my opinion that isn't bush league.

Bush league includes Chris Simon two handing someone in the face, or stepping on someone's leg. When McSorely tomahawked Donald Brashear in the head, that was also bush league. Todd Bertuzzing breaking that poor Av's players neck is also bush league.

--Breakin face "Welcoming the Aaron Rodgers Era"

If you dive you get 2 minutes, along with tripping, and hooking. Avery as of this week would receive goalie interference another two minute penalty. When he did this it was not considered a penalty by the officials and received 0 minutes. In my opinion that isn't bush league.

Bush league includes Chris Simon two handing someone in the face, or stepping on someone's leg. When McSorely tomahawked Donald Brashear in the head, that was also bush league. Todd Bertuzzing breaking that poor Av's players neck is also bush league.

--Breakin face "Welcoming the Aaron Rodgers Era"

Todd Bertuzzi not Todd Bertuzzing and that player was Steve Moore.

It maybe wasn't bush league, but it was still classless. It is also your opinion, which may or may not be the same as someone else's and we are entitled to our own opinion.

It was not considered a penalty at the time yes, but that still doesn't make it right as the league clarified.

Todd Bertuzzi not Todd Bertuzzing and that player was Steve Moore.

It maybe wasn't bush league, but it was still classless. It is also your opinion, which may or may not be the same as someone else's and we are entitled to our own opinion.

It was not considered a penalty at the time yes, but that still doesn't make it right as the league clarified.

:silly:

People standing at that game, "Like a college game," clearly hasnt been to the REA

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that... haha!

But watching playoff hockey (because it's really the only time I seriously watch non-Sioux NHL hockey) makes me wish that we could sing the anthem at the Ralph as a crowd... that is AWESOME! I haven't heard a great Star Spangled Banner yet... but man... those Canadians sure know how to sing O Canada like they mean it

Glad I'm not the only one that thought that... haha!

But watching playoff hockey (because it's really the only time I seriously watch non-Sioux NHL hockey) makes me wish that we could sing the anthem at the Ralph as a crowd... that is AWESOME! I haven't heard a great Star Spangled Banner yet... but man... those Canadians sure know how to sing O Canada like they mean it

I agree. I've always thought we should sing it as a crowd, and they could put the words up on the jumbotron for those that don't know it.

Unfortunately, that would probably the loudest the Ralph would be for the night. :silly:

UND Alumni officially all eliminated from the playoffs with Calgary and David Hale being the latest to get sent packing. Tough run this year with Parise, Zajac, Commodore, Lee, Hale, and Bochenski all getting sent home in the first round.

--Breakin Face "Still Cheering for the Kansas City Scouts"

I agree. I've always thought we should sing it as a crowd, and they could put the words up on the jumbotron for those that don't know it.

Unfortunately, that would probably the loudest the Ralph would be for the night. :silly:

Anyone who was at the old Chicago Stadium for a Blackhawks game knows what a national anthem was like there, the tradition continued to the UC but fell apart in the last decade, this past season though its starting to come back, especially Hull/Mikita Night

Anyone who was at the old Chicago Stadium for a Blackhawks game knows what a national anthem was like there, the tradition continued to the UC but fell apart in the last decade, this past season though its starting to come back, especially Hull/Mikita Night

I went to a Blackhawk game back in 1989 with my uncle. My uncle told me and my cousins before the game that he wanted to hear us singing the national anthem. I thought, no big deal, I know the words. Little did I know you couldn't hear yourself singing it let alone the guy next to you. My uncle just looked at me and smiled. That was atmosphere.

UND Alumni officially all eliminated from the playoffs with Calgary and David Hale being the latest to get sent packing. Tough run this year with Parise, Zajac, Commodore, Lee, Hale, and Bochenski all getting sent home in the first round.

--Breakin Face "Still Cheering for the Kansas City Scouts"

Green, Parise and Stafford are going to play for the USA in the World Championships.