SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

Easy fellas, two rivals, two great programs, and as Jerry York puts it "brand names in college hockey". MN and NODAK are about as true traditional powers as can be...any given year. Great traditions, great records, great junior and hs players would love to wear either crest.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy fellas, two rivals, two great programs, and as Jerry York puts it "brand names in college hockey". MN and NODAK are about as true traditional powers as can be...any given year. Great traditions, great records, great junior and hs players would love to wear either crest.

lies! blasphemy! you only want to wear UND's crest! :)

Brooklynn's was a blast on Thursday! A couple buddies were in their on Wednesday night and the place was empty and they were talking to a bartender and manager and they mentioned the Sioux gathering on Thursday and they asked if many people would show up and mentioned that "we have the upstairs reserved for that" to which my friend informed them that if that was what they were expecting that they were totally unprepared!

Sioux performance was disappointing to say the least only made somewhat bearable by the fact that we secured a suite for the games and we took full advantage. Hit a couple bars back by our hotel in the Tech area and those stories are probably best not posted here.

The embassy Suites was a great place to stay and I have never been at a manager's reception at one of their locations where they so aggressively gave away free booze. Hit a BWW for the Wild game and got a few looks from the locals when we kind of forgot where we were when the Wild scored to win it.

Went to Brooklynn's again after we watched the Title game and polished off the remainder of the $3k worth of pre-ordered liquor and beer in our suite. Met some cool fans from Merrimack after the game and then we capped it off at Red Square(a very cool vodka bar). The only bad part on Saturday night was seeing the stupid attention starved "alleged" Sioux fan with the paper bag on her head(go away, you don't get it and never will and we don't need you in our fan base)

Time for a little detox and hopefully the Sioux can get another kick at the can in 09!

Just wanted to congratulate your boys on another great run in the 2nd half of the season, and another Frozen Four.

Maybe some day you'll get a draw that doesn't include BC.

It was something to see all of the Sioux fans at the Pepsi Center on Thursday, there was certainly more green than any other color in the arena, a real testament to your fans. Not real keen on all of those high school age kids wandering around with the "FUBC" t-shirts.......

Got to meet a lot of good people, and a great time with fans from all over the country including a LOT of really great fans from North Dakota.

Hate to wish the summer away........but can't wait till October, and we can get started on another college hockey season............things should be pretty interesting next year.

Wow, if you want to throw down, I might remind you to check who has won titles more recently, and last time I checked, buffalo was not in Minnesota.

So, can he talk to you now.

If this turbo wants to run his yapper I will let him.....but live in the now.

2003 is a long time ago.......and they have done nothing since.

just got back, man that was a bummer thursday sitting on the glass witnessing that debacle but had a great time after thursday

AZ...I was flipping through some pictures on USCHO yesterday. I've seen some pictures of you on your site... it looked like you and some other Sioux fans on the glass. You'll have to check the pictures out under the Sioux-BC game pics.

There's obviously been a lot of negative stuff around here since last Thursday...it's always great reading your postive Sioux outlook. I've been down for a few days myself since last Thursday, but Sioux hockey has been my passion since 1975 and always will be.

Be careful here folks. As fun fun as it is trading punches with goopher fans, there are some things to keep in mind. They have an elite powerhouse program the same as UND does. This year they faced some adversity with injuries and players jumping ship. Through it all they didn't have too bad of a season. I expect they will be back in the hunt again next year, they have found themselves one hell of a goaltender, and will be able to build around him.

Be careful here folks. As fun fun as it is trading punches with goopher fans, there are some things to keep in mind. They have an elite powerhouse program the same as UND does. This year they faced some adversity with injuries and players jumping ship. Through it all they didn't have too bad of a season. I expect they will be back in the hunt again next year, they have found themselves one hell of a goaltender, and will be able to build around him.

I think we'll be looking up at MN in the standings next year. We've had a nice run at their expense for the most part. Might pay the piper next year.

who cares who won titles more recently, u rode North Dakota boys, I know it hurts but it's true, und had 7 when you had 3. You won 2 in '02 and '03 was it? You guys haven't made it back since, but you did make history losing to holy cross, which I do appreciate it happening at the ralph. Now we have made it to the FF but haven't won, we still have more titles and a better tradition.

Now go ahead and have your turn, and we can be done with the usual Gopher/UND bashing portion of this thread.

Didn't UM have frozen four appearances in '02, '03,'04, and '05, much like the Sioux the past 4 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Didn't UM have frozen four appearances in '02, '03,'04, and '05, much like the Sioux the past 4 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think Duluth beat the Gophers in the Regional Championship game in 2003.

I think Duluth beat the Gophers in the Regional Championship game in 2003.

I know the tDogs beat the Goofs one of those years. I think it is a little early to predict that we will be looking up at the Gophers.

We have a new tender coming in that would probably qualify as a blue chipper and a lot of the players as well. Also some of the guys that have been here a year or two are finally going to make the impact we thought they would. You never know till next april.

I know the tDogs beat the Goofs one of those years. I think it is a little early to predict that we will be looking up at the Gophers.

We have a new tender coming in that would probably qualify as a blue chipper and a lot of the players as well. Also some of the guys that have been here a year or two are finally going to make the impact we thought they would. You never know till next april.

Duluth beat the Gophers in '04.

Goofers Hockey is a Joke there turbo.....poor goofers and their sorry fans.

Go win a playoff game outside the state of Minny then talk to me.

how is this for a question is Coach Hakstol = to Doug Woog being that they both have been to 4 straight FF and have nothing to show for it!!!!!

AZ...I was flipping through some pictures on USCHO yesterday. I've seen some pictures of you on your site... it looked like you and some other Sioux fans on the glass. You'll have to check the pictures out under the Sioux-BC game pics.

There's obviously been a lot of negative stuff around here since last Thursday...it's always great reading your postive Sioux outlook. I've been down for a few days myself since last Thursday, but Sioux hockey has been my passion since 1975 and always will be.

thanks, my one buddy had FU NCAA shirt on and they made him put his jersey on, the higher powers must not have liked that shirt being on tv

thanks, my one buddy had FU NCAA shirt on and they made him put his jersey on, the higher powers must not have liked that shirt being on tv

After the NCAA takes our Sioux name away, they'll probably ban us from wearing our Sioux apparrel at the NCAA tourney. The way our country is tilting it wouldn't surprise me. :silly:

After the NCAA takes our Sioux name away, they'll probably ban us from wearing our Sioux apparrel at the NCAA tourney. The way our country is tilting it wouldn't surprise me. :silly:

Never happen because someone will sue em, you can't squelch free speech, I don't care what Myles Brand thinks.

If I was AZ friend I would have told them to _________ themselves. UNLESS it was spelled out all the way out.

Never happen because someone will sue em, you can't squelch free speech, I don't care what Myles Brand thinks.

Obviously I'm not an attorney, but I don't think a sporting event for which an admission fee is charged is a public accommodation, so the free speech argument probably doesn't strictly apply. :silly:

4 Frozen Fours and they still cannot spell North Dakota right! Did anyone else see the green t-shirts that said "North Dakoka" on them?

Asked the vendor how these shirts were selling and he said not well. Told him I'd give him $5 bucks for one and he laughed. I told him good luck and went back later in the weekend and still a pile of them left. Go figure. :silly: