SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN FOUR - 4 in a row for the Sioux

AZSIOUX

ncaa_ff_2008.jpg - FROZEN 4 HOME WEBSITE

First off congrats to the Sioux on making another Frozen Four. 4 years in a row is simply sweet and very tough to acomplish at this level. Lets kick some BC butt this year and get a chance at #8. Congrats to the coaching staff and the players but only 2 down and 2 to go! DENVER here we come............THE SIOUX INVASION IS ON THE WAY

HOW THEY GOT TO DENVER

NORTH DAKOTA - Beat Princeton 5-1 then beat Wisconsin 3-2 in Mid West Regional

BOSTON COLLEGE - Beat Minnesota 5-2 then Miami 4-3 in North East Regional

MICHIGAN - Beat Niagara 5-1 and Clarkson 2-0 in East Regional

NOTRE DAME - Beat New Hampshire 7-3 and Michigan State 3-1 in West Regional

HEAD TO HEAD MEETINGS FOR ALL 4 TEAMS

The Sioux and Boston College played to a 0-0 tie earlier this year in BC when FOG canceled the the game after 2 periods

The Sioux have not played Michigan or Notre Dame this season

The Eagles tied the Sioux 0-0 in the FOG game that was canceled after 2 periods

The Eagles lost to Michigan 4-3 in OT in their first game of the season

The Eagles have not played Notre Dame this season

The Wolverines swept Notre Dame in a home and home series winning 3-2 & 5-1

The Wolverines beat Boston College 4-3 in OT in the first game of their season

The Wolverines have not played North Dakota this season

The Irish are 0-2 vs Michigan this season losing a home and home series 3-2 & 5-1

The Irish have not played Boston College or North Dakota this season

nodak.gif

Overall Record: 28-10-4

WCHA: 18-7-3, 39 points

Home: 15-5-2

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

I debated starting a thread when I discovered that ss.com was back up, but I knew it had to come from AZSIOUX. ;)

I am looking at my Frozen Four tickets and grinning like a fool. Not sure I can sleep tonight...that game nearly killed me.

CONGRATS SIOUX!

Sugars was packed, many more bars need to invest in satalite around here. Every place that had the game on tonight probably made well over what a year contract with DirecTV would cost them just in one night. What a great victory!!! Congrats to the team and the coaches. Denver bound here we come!!!!

Here's my predictions and early match up analysis:

First off, if we play like we did in OT and in the 3rd period, we'll win. If we play like we did in the 2nd period, we'll lose... BAD. We need to crash the net against BC. Muse is a good goaltender, but he cannot control rebounds.

Matchup Analysis:

Offense: On paper, I think UND has better scoring depth. However, in reality, BC's offense has been unbelievable throughout the HEA playoffs and the NCAAs thus far. UND's offense has been "alright." We don't shoot the puck well enough and we don't crash the net well enough. This needs to change. EDGE: BC even though Oshie has been dynamic and Duncan has been clutch.

Defense: We should be the clear front runner defensively, but again, we've been giving up a TON of shots thus far and BC's defense has been ok. BC's size (or lack of it as there are at least 9 players under 5'11" on the team) will cause problems. Edge: Draw. I think both of our teams are so fast that I think both defenses will have their work cut out for them.

Goaltending: Muse is a freshman goaltender. He's good, but his rebound control is atrocious. JPL has been the star of the NCAAs for the Sioux. EDGE: UND. We can argue that Muse is the worst goaltender still playing at this time.

Penalty Kill: Don't know much about BC's PK unit but it looked good against UMN and Miami. UND's PK unit has been solid all year long. EDGE: UND just because we're going to need it thanks to big D checking small F.

PP: No comment. I know nothing about BC's PP.

Coaching: York has had UND's number the past 2 years. He may hold a slight edge over Hakstol.

How early are we talking? If they don't play until 4pm Mountain Time, I won't get to see it, as I will be at work. If they play earlier, I'll get to watch. GO SIOUX!!! BEAT THEM EAGLES!!!!

There's an easy solution to that.....take the day off. I know I'll be leaving early so I won't have to worry about missing the beginning due to traffic.

The good news is, at least they aren't on a big roll right now, and might cool off with the extended break before the FF. Wow, they really only played one good period of hockey all weekend and managed to win twice.

BC looked like their usual dynamic selves this weekend, and I think they will be awfully hard to handle again this year. Hopefully the rest lets the Sioux recharge their batteries a bit, and they can have a little jump in their skates.

im there with 7 others, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reunion time for AZSIOUX and SIOUXBEAR -- I'm bringing 8 others oh yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First timers will be my two boys ages 11 & 14...they won't sleep tonight!

Smart mom award -- I held it to secrecy until we scored in OT...booked my flights over a month ago at $212.00 a person...now they are $718.00....now that's PRICELESS!!!! I would have never heard the end of it if we wouldn't have made it!!!!

Tonight marks an 8-game winning streak in NCAA Regionals:

* Beanpot in 2005 (BC, BU)

* Ralph in '06 (MI, HC)

* The Can in 2007 (MI, MN) -- the Sioux are unbeaten all time at the pepsi center* Madison, 2008

Pretty awesome string.

That's the string I want to continue...

A ND alum in CO I really want to go to FF will tickets be on sale on USCHO? I thought I saw on the boards that was a possibility

they will be all over with no cc or denver in it

uscho

ebay

siouxsports

gopher puck live

they will be all over with no cc or denver in it

uscho

ebay

siouxsports

gopher puck live

Don't buy them on ebay!! And don't pay more than face value. I bought mine from USCHO last year for face value. They had a bunch for sale last year for face value.