SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BADGERS

AZSIOUX

Great comeback win! I hope they come out skating hard and hitting hard vs. BC, so they don't get outskated early and repeat today's game! 2 more wins to go! I hope T.J. starts shooting more and scores. I want both him and Duncan to end up with over 20. Either T.J. or Lameroux winning The Hobey Baker is fine with me.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shegos is thinking, "Damnit, I blew my opportunity to screw UND this year!"

I know what you're thinking and normally, I'd agree.

However, I think Shegos officiated the game VERY VERY well.

The one thing I did notice, though, is that BC's short wingers are going to draw a ton of penalties due to our size.

The one thing I did notice, though, is that BC's short wingers are going to draw a ton of penalties due to our size.

i had no problem with the reffing as usual but the thing that bugged the hell out of me was the damn faceoffs and how often they would kick a guy out. it ws like the ref was pump faking both teams then booting them out. that got old and didnt help the flow of the game. wow, im finally coming down form that roller coaster ride...go sioux

i had no problem with the reffing as usual but the thing that bugged the hell out of me was the damn faceoffs and how often they would kick a guy out. it ws like the ref was pump faking both teams then booting them out. that got old and didnt help the flow of the game. wow, im finally coming down form that roller coaster ride...go sioux

Watch the faceoffs between Turris and Oshie. They were continuously yapping at each other. I think Shegos got tired of it and looked for any reason to kick them out.

TH whined about how much UW whined to the officials. I think Shegos did a really good job.

He did a decent job tonite. Was refering to the BS elbowing penalty last year on Finley against BC that killed us in the FF!

UNDRallyvsUW300.jpg

All-Tournament Team

F T.J. Oshie, North Dakota

F Ryan Duncan, North Dakota

F Michael Davies, Wisconsin

D Chay Genoway, North Dakota

D Jamie McBain, Wisconsin

G Jean-Philippe Lamoureux, North Dakota

MOP: Lamoureux

Watched the game at Buffalo Wild Wings tonight and it was an amazing atmosphere packed with sioux fans. People were standing by the video games because they didnt have a table. The place exploded after the sioux won in overtime..it was some of the most fun i've ever had watching a sioux game on tv.

Wow. Was that fun. Sure made the drive home a breeze, at least during those times when I was awake. This team, and its fans, never doubted themselves and the boys. Wisconsin's second goal was a fluke. Lammy was rock solid all game long. Between the second and the third, there were more than one of us who gave assurances to those few with long faces that there were still at least twenty minutes to play, that an early third period goal would be followed by a second, and that the Sioux would win in OT. A real nailbiter. We were in a sea of red and had an absolute blast. We had a particularly fun time about giving the guy leading the crowd in chants about conducting reading lessons for the faithful as he flashed his "LET'S GO RED" signs to opposite ends of the arena.

The Drive to Denver has been accomplished. Now, all that remains is the Drive Through Denver. BC. ND/Michigan winner. Number Eight.

Many have long said from day one. This team is special. They proved it again last night in a big, big way. Sadly, perhaps, Radke's penalties found him taking a seat most of the rest of the game as Hak changed up some lines. Assuming Trupp returns, which sounds like he will, Radke will be in street clothes in Denver. That's OK. He is still a huge part of this team, and Trupp will be well needed back in the lineup.

Have fun everyone. It is a great time of year to be a college hockey fan, and it is ALWAYS a great time of year to be a Fighting Sioux fan.

What a third period!! The boyz tilted the ice back to the green side and man was it fun to watch. I thought my bride was going to have the big one in the first two. The atmosphere was great and man did the BADger fans clear out after the quick end in OT. Only one wierd young fan was yelling at an older female in the UND section but I sent him on his way. Other fans apologized for the boorish behavior. Security made us leave and then we could not walk past the BADger players contingent in the concourse because they thought there may be BAD blood. We caught a break and won, they played a good game and lost. See you all in Denver.

Although Radke took a couple of untimely penalties, I still like him on the ice - we win when he's out there, and he provides energy and other intangibles. I hope Hak doesn't sit him. If Trupp is able to come back for Denver I would rather see Miller sit than Radke. I like Brad - but I just haven't seen the extra spark from him that I see from Kyle.

Fetch, your wife is making it back in one piece. : )

She was pretty down early in the game Sat. (No one there)

But Sunday it sounded like she was really having Fun

I'm tired today just from going to Fargo ;)

What a third period!! The boyz tilted the ice back to the green side and man was it fun to watch. I thought my bride was going to have the big one in the first two. The atmosphere was great and man did the BADger fans clear out after the quick end in OT. Only one wierd young fan was yelling at an older female in the UND section but I sent him on his way. Other fans apologized for the boorish behavior. Security made us leave and then we could not walk past the BADger players contingent in the concourse because they thought there may be BAD blood. We caught a break and won, they played a good game and lost. See you all in Denver.

Funny, I was in the same area with my 3 year old, security wouldn't let us by even when I told them he wanted to get a toy zamboni from the Badger gift store on the other side of the Badger fans....I guess he looked hostile and abusive with his temporary Sioux logo on his cheek.

Funny, I was in the same area with my 3 year old, security wouldn't let us by even when I told them he wanted to get a toy zamboni from the Badger gift store on the other side of the Badger fans....I guess he looked hostile and abusive with his temporary Sioux logo on his cheek.

The little guy had me shakin in my boots, Bob! So hostile.

He is about as cute as they come. Did he get the zamboni?

EDIT: He looks different than your avatar pic, though.

What a game. I just got to work after driving back this morning from Madison. I just want to say how fun it was to meet and talk to all the SIux fans this weekend. What a great group of people we have as fans. I even met a few nice Badger fans(rare, but it happened). But most of all I want to say I will see you all in Denver.

Watch the faceoffs between Turris and Oshie. They were continuously yapping at each other. I think Shegos got tired of it and looked for any reason to kick them out.

TH whined about how much UW whined to the officials. I think Shegos did a really good job.

Shegos is the same idiot that screwed us last year against BC. Apparently you can't check in hockey. I was at the game and the calls against UND were horrible. At one point penalties were 6-2. Almost like last year when he tried to make up the calls at the very end of the game in the national semi-final against BC. You gotta let them play the game....within reason. Speaking of face-offs, I have never seen so many players tossed by a line judge 50 ft. away. (In particular UND players). On a side note, in my estimation, Wisconsin must have iced the puck 25-30 times. Don't know if Hennessey mentioned that at all. Broke up alot of UND's momentum when they did have it.

There is not a better feeling in Sports than how we won yesterday - the thrill of Victory & agony of defeat were all present

If we had won in big or easy fashion it would have been sweet - But not nearly as Thrilling ;)

I also couldn't believe all the centermen tossed. Kind of ridiculous. It happened vs Princeton too. It was funny, my comment right at the start of the game was meant to be sarcastic (saying we had a poor start and we are dead), and then as I am about to chime back in, ss.com went down due to overrun server.

What a game.

Time to get ready for next weekend. If we play like we played this weekend, BC will eat our lunch for us. We have to get better.

Talk about character guys and leaders that wear the C for the Sioux. Captain Porter scores the winner last year to send us to the F4, and Captain Kaiper starts the rally to send us to the F4 this year. That's leadership.

Talk about character guys and leaders that wear the C for the Sioux. Captain Porter scores the winner last year to send us to the F4, and Captain Kaiper starts the rally to send us to the F4 this year. That's leadership.

Well said. That's Sioux hockey.