SiouxSports.com Forum

Road Trippin' to Madison

MafiaMan

Not sure what end. Our friend got the tickets and just said row J behind the goalie. I'm good with that. Behind the goalie is my favorite place to sit.

The student sections are 113 through 117, and everything above it (200's, 300's), but like the other posters said, probably no student section during these games, guess I didn't think of that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which end of the ice does the home team shoot at twice? I tried finding it before I bought my tickets, but had no luck before my time ran out. We're in 204, Row D. Hopefully I guessed the right end that the Sioux shoot at twice.

When I was at the games in November, the Sioux shot at the goal on the section 101 side twice (that way the students get to harass Lammy for 2 periods). Do we know who the home/away team is?

Just got a room at the Sheraton on Priceline for $70/night. I tried to start bidding at 60, but it rejected it. Looks nice, but according to their website the Kohl Center is 3 miles away.

Thanks Bob for all your help.

Good Deal. The Concourse must be full or out of Priceline rooms now. The Sheraton is still showing $150 for Sat night and $170 for Sunday night. I called the Sheraton and they said they will be running a free shuttle to the Kohl center before and after the games. Bike path runs by the hotel, map here.

Good Deal. The Concourse must be full or out of Priceline rooms now. The Sheraton is still showing $150 for Sat night and $170 for Sunday night. I called the Sheraton and they said they will be running a free shuttle to the Kohl center before and after the games. Bike path runs by the hotel, map here.

Good, I was hoping they would have a shuttle, at least to get to the game. Thanks for all your help Bob, I really appreciate it.

Does anyone know if there will be a fan get-together on Saturday before the game?

I sure hope so. I am flying in solo, none of my friends willing to fork up the $$$ to fly in from Minot.

Losers. So if you see someone wondering around solo in a sioux jersey. save me please. GO SIOUX!!

When I was at the games in November, the Sioux shot at the goal on the section 101 side twice (that way the students get to harass Lammy for 2 periods). Do we know who the home/away team is?

we are a 1 seed and home team both games im guessing with last line change

I-43 (runs north-south along eastern Wisconsin between like Green Bay and Milwaukee) is full of FIBS in the summer time. I hate them for all the garbage they throw out the window and how stupid they drive with their boats. I don't mind a fast driver, but be a good fast driver at least. Wisconsin does need to up the speed limit to 75 though. After going through North Dakota, then Minnesota, 65 mph is like crawling.

FIBs remind me of people from the Twin Cities.

Any suggestions on where to eat and what to do in Madison while waiting for the games?

When I was there this fall I was really impressed with the architecture of the German style student union:

Der Rathskeller, Memorial Union, 800 Langdon St. Madison, WI 53706 website / map

Rathskeller.jpg

The Plaza Tavern was pretty cool. It is sort of like "Whitey's" (Old school, very busy at night).

http://www.theplazatavern.com/menu.html

Any suggestions on where to eat and what to do in Madison while waiting for the games?

When I was there this fall I was really impressed with the architecture of the German style student union:

Der Rathskeller, Memorial Union, 800 Langdon St. Madison, WI 53706 website / map

Rathskeller.jpg

The Plaza Tavern was pretty cool. It is sort of like "Whitey's" (Old school, very busy at night).

http://www.theplazatavern.com/menu.html

Rathskeller is very cool.

Some friends and us have 4 seats behind the goalie in row J. Hopefully the weather cooperates and we will fly down in his plane. Much better than driving from GF.

You better double check with them. I just got an email from the Domestic Diva offering me two of the four tickets! :silly: AND they're thinking of taking Al's bus!!

we are a 1 seed and home team both games im guessing with last line change

Home team both games and last line change are a yes. However that doesn't mean we'll be shooting at the same end twice that the Badgers normally do. IIRC the Sioux have the right to UW's locker room as it is the home team's and we are the #1 seed. But we'll let them have it which could cause a bench switchero as far as home team bench is concerned. I believe the X switched around the benches between Thursday and Friday.

EDIT: I should clarify that I'm going off what I remember from the Ralph hosting. It may also have something to do with number of locker rooms and size and all that.

I called up the UW ticket office, and they confirmed that there isn't an official student section, but did say that the students are buying up the tickets in the areas normaly occupied by students.

The other thing is, you won't be allowed to leave and return between games on Saturday, so plan on being in there from 2 untill the end of the night. Concession stands should do pretty well!

Nitty Gritty is the closest bar and will be absolutely jammed around game time.

Can't go wrong with State Street Brats (FYI -- white brat basket and spicy fries). Taken a step further, you can't go wrong strolling up State St. and stopping wherever grabs your fancy.

If you don't mind walking, if you make it up State St. all the way up to the Capitol neighborhood the Great Dane is a decent brewpub. The Essen Haus, which has been threatened for demolition/condo conversion for about 5 years now, has always been on my "must do" list if it's still standing (get a boot or a 5L of your favorite German beer -- mine is Spaten Optimator).

I used to hang out on Regent St. a lot, though that's probably less interesting for visitors on non-football days.

The union is very nice and does serve beer, but the best part about it really is the terrace out back on Lake Mendota. Unfortunately, with the winter you guys have been having, my understanding is that its far too early for that to be pleasant or even open.

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- A gathering party will be held before the UND men's hockey game at the Midwest Regional on Saturday in Madison, Wis. All UND alumni, students, friends and fans are welcome to attend the event.

The gathering will be held before and after the 2 p.m. game at the State Street Brats three blocks from the Kohl Center. The upper level of the restaurant is reserved for UND, but seating is available throughout the restaurant. There is no charge for the event, and food and beverages are available to purchase.

State Street Brats

603 State Street

Madison, WI 53703

GRAND FORKS, N.D. -- A gathering party will be held before the UND men's hockey game at the Midwest Regional on Saturday in Madison, Wis. All UND alumni, students, friends and fans are welcome to attend the event.

The gathering will be held before and after the 2 p.m. game at the State Street Brats three blocks from the Kohl Center. The upper level of the restaurant is reserved for UND, but seating is available throughout the restaurant. There is no charge for the event, and food and beverages are available to purchase.

State Street Brats

603 State Street

Madison, WI 53703

Gathering before and after the game. Did I read somewhere that there is no readmittance to the 6pm game if you leave after the 2pm game?

Gathering before and after the game. Did I read somewhere that there is no readmittance to the 6pm game if you leave after the 2pm game?

go after the 2nd game or skip the 2nd and go party it up with sioux fans and watch it from that bar :D