SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

GO SIOUX, WIN OR GO HOME as the RACE FOR 8 is on

Princeton won their conference tourney over harvard. The only WCHA team they played this season was MSU and MSU won 6-1 in a holiday tourney.

Princeton Schedule and Results

Princeton Stats

Princeton

Overall Record: 21-13-0 (.618)

ECAC: 14-8-0, 28 points

Home: 9-7-0

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's going to create quite a mess for the committee.

along with how the wcha teams are seeded and where they should go based on simple placements per seedings. not a easy process at all. moy will have his up later tonight on uscho and last year he was dead on so we will see

along with how the wcha teams are seeded and where they should go based on simple placements per seedings. not a easy process at all. moy will have his up later tonight on uscho and last year he was dead on so we will see

At the least we'll see where the committee's commitment lies: protecting the seeds or the $$$

Six WCHA teams, two of them hosts, a 2 and a 3(!) really made a mess of this.

Troy Jutting has to be wondering a lot of different things tonight ....

I didn't do the hunting yet, but someone on USCHO posted that mankato has better overall, better head to head, and better conference record. Seems a good case for getting in over UW, but it won't happen.

I didn't do the hunting yet, but someone on USCHO posted that mankato has better overall, better head to head, and better conference record. Seems a good case for getting in over UW, but it won't happen.

is that possible to do?? or do they have to go by the numbers?

i dont think they will be able to not have a all wcha 1st round game with so many 2 and 3 seeds. this is going to be very interesting

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...ologyFinal.html

final bracketology from uscho

The Predicted Bracket

West Regional

Colorado Springs

Notre Dame vs. New Hampshire

Michigan State vs. Colorado College

Midwest Regional

Madison

Air Force vs. Michigan

Wisconsin vs. St. Cloud State

Northeast Regional

Worcester

Princeton vs. North Dakota

Minnesota vs. Boston College

East Regional

Albany

Niagara vs. Miami

Clarkson vs. Denver

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 6

CCHA - 4

HEA - 2

ECAC - 2

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...ologyFinal.html

final bracketology from uscho

The Predicted Bracket

West Regional

Colorado Springs

Notre Dame vs. New Hampshire

Michigan State vs. Colorado College

Midwest Regional

Madison

Air Force vs. Michigan

Wisconsin vs. St. Cloud State

Northeast Regional

Worcester

Princeton vs. North Dakota

Minnesota vs. Boston College

East Regional

Albany

Niagara vs. Miami

Clarkson vs. Denver

Conference Breakdown

WCHA - 6

CCHA - 4

HEA - 2

ECAC - 2

CHA - 1

AHA - 1

Put Denver as a lock. What a cake walk.

The selection show is Sunday morning 10:30 g-forks time on ESPN2 so cant wait to see how it pans out. GO SIOUX, WIN OR GO HOME as the RACE FOR 8 is on

Is there anywhere on the internet to watch the selection show? i checked www.channelsurfing.net but it is not there. if anyone knows of a link to watch it online please post it....... THANKS :glare:

Moy did a second bracket examining the bubble teams head to head, in which case Notre Dame and Mankato are in and Wisco out, arguing that the committee for the women's tourney did exactly that. Bracket integrety is then preserved.

For the last couple weeks it has looked like Denver's position was a good one for a WCHA team to be in, better than a 1 seed. Winning the Broadmor had little if anything to do with it, that was their position even if they'd lost both games.

Should be an interesting show this morning, would guess the committee stays with Wisco, just based on the clout the B10 school has over Mankato, as well as attendance in Madison if Wisco is in.

Which brings up the last point, if you schedule cupcakes for non conference games, you better win those games (Mankato).

If Bucky gets in over the Purple Cows I call bullshi*!

In the past they have compared bubble teams amongst themselves and that would put MSU and Notre Dame in. I don't think they will go down that road this year though with the Bucky at situation.

Is there anywhere on the internet to watch the selection show? i checked www.channelsurfing.net but it is not there. if anyone knows of a link to watch it online please post it....... THANKS :(

I am fairly sure it was on ESPN360.com last year ....to lazy to look. :glare:

Edit:It's not on...sorry.

you must be looking over the fact that Miami is in there. Denver may beat them, but no cake walk.

I watched them play some pretty ugly hockey against Michigan last night. M-Ohio didn't impress me.

As boring as DU hockey is, they seem to have a system that works night after night.

Should DU and Miami play. Hands down DU wins. JMHO, :wink: