SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs CC

Dave P

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone think JPL was a little pissed about getting passed over for POY by a freshman? He sure played like it. What a great job in net today, as well as a great all around effort by the Sioux. We're a 1 for sure now, the rest is in the hands of the NCAA. If we do go to Colorado Springs, please don't tell me that it was a bad thing the Sioux won today because that will somehow make it tougher to beat CC in a possible regional finals matchup. :glare:

It is a tough situation because a change is long overdue. You can't have amateurs officiating a league that features players who are one signature away from playing in the NHL. Now that you have the product on the ice and the fans in the seats it is time to pay for the officiating that they both deserve.

Wish they'd ask him why Thul, who did one of the better jobs we've seen this year, is not at the Final 5.

Surprisingly, though, the calls have been much tighter this weekend than they were all year.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game. :glare: I'm home for easter break in gopher country, and i got home this morning to see a GO FIGHTING SIOUX sign taped to the front window of my parents house. It was sweet, considering my dad, the gopher fan, made it! haha.

Anyways, great game. i hope we continue to play like this into regionals.

Greaat win and nice to see some scoring. But am I the only one who is nervous about all the defensive lapses that accompanied the emphasis on forecheck. There were a ton of breakdowns today, and CC was a JPL glovesave or two from being in it. I have to think Hak will look for a more controlled game next week.

Gorg is a bastard, SOB wouldn't even shake J.P.L.'s hand.

he had already turned to start introing whatever he was going to. he didn't diss him on purpose i'd imagine. how often do you see the handshake afterwards? not very and you could tell lammy was confused as to what to do once he was done with the interview. don't get pissed at gorg, it wasn't intentional i'm sure.

he had already turned to start introing whatever he was going to. he didn't diss him on purpose i'd imagine. how often do you see the handshake afterwards? not very and you could tell lammy was confused as to what to do once he was done with the interview. don't get pissed at gorg, it wasn't intentional i'm sure.

Didn't Eades get one after the second period intermission? Maybe it happens more often than you think.

This is the team that needs to show up every game. We will always have a chance if we play like that. However, we have not played like this since the Denever series. If we bring the type of game that we brought against BSU, Duluth, SCSU, and Denver last night, it will be tough for us to win. Keep the flow going.

Just got home from the weekend in the cities. Great game today against CC. Best thing I saw off the ice was Trupp walking around with two shoes on. Last time I saw him was he had the walking cast on. Saying a prayer for complete healing for the young man. Great support by the Sioux fans as always. Fun to see many of you there. Stay loud, Be proud, Go Sioux!

Greaat win and nice to see some scoring. But am I the only one who is nervous about all the defensive lapses that accompanied the emphasis on forecheck. There were a ton of breakdowns today, and CC was a JPL glovesave or two from being in it. I have to think Hak will look for a more controlled game next week.

I couldn't disagree more. You've got to give up a quality chance or two if you're going to play a more offensive game that results in more goals. The Sioux have done much better this year when scoring more goals. In these higher scoring games, the Sioux have often given up more goals as well, but they've almost always come out on top in the higher scoring games. In contrast, when playing a more defensive game and trying to protect a lead they've been more likely to lose. This Sioux team needs to keep pressing offensively and then rely on JPL for the rare breakdown. All you have to do is compare Friday's game with Saturday's. The higher scoring and more free-wheeling game resulted in a win, while the lower scoring and more defensive resulted in a loss. Let's forecheck our way to #8!! We've got more depth and skill. Let's make full use of it.

Sioux back up to number 3 in the PWR.

big win for the sioux, fun to watch 4 goals get dropped!!

cant wait to see the tourney brackets announced tomorrow morning. maybe just maybe we go out east

win or go home now!

Yeah, Gorg was probably trying to remember when his next eyebrow wax appointment was... :glare:

Best Decisions of the year:

Lapoint out, Marto back to D

Radke in on the fourth line

Sorry, Redwing and others, but Lapoint was awful vs DU, and the team is much better with him out right now.

How about Big Tommy May, THE DYNAMO!

First of all, LaPoint got a concussion on that check from behind at the start of the game. That is the reason why he was out of the lineup, not because of a coaching decision. He said he doesn't remember playing half of the game.

Second of all, I'm not sure how anyone can take you seriously.

First of all, LaPoint got a concussion on that check from behind at the start of the game. That is the reason why he was out of the lineup, not because of a coaching decision. He said he doesn't remember playing half of the game.

That hit happened right in front of me and it was pretty obviously a CFB that should have been a 5 minute and a game.

that was scary at first when he went to the bench. hope he is ok