SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries?

MJohnce

All you have to do is watch and you will understand the micro management comment. It has been happening since January. He is playing with little or no confidence.

I understand that the WCHA is not the USHL!!! I have been around the block a few times. If a Dman is to pass the puck to the forward then why have we watched Chay skate the puck up the ice on the second power play unit and shot the puck in the goalies glove. From what I was taught may years ago you never put the puck in deep and set up the power play. I will give Chay credit that he has scored on a few of those rushes, but most have been a stopage if play.

My point is that Derrick has the same ability to do the samething. He may not be as fast, but his ability to protect the puck with the stick allows him to get around the fore check of the other teams forwards. Give him a change to move the puck up the ice and he will surprise you all. Chay does not have the stick and never will.

on the power play i think the reason chay has been able to do that is a biproduct of their breakout..they come out of their own zone 4 wide...almost every time the dman gets the puck off to one of the wingers and they either rush it in and set it up or they dump and chase....in the cases where chay has been able to rush it in and get a shot is when the other team takes away the outlet to either winger and leave a seam for chay to walk through...i think it helps that he is lickity split quick, but it doesn't happen that often so i can't say that marto or lapoint or finley couldn't do it, cuz we've seen bina do it too....it's just a 3rd option that's rarely there with the power play breakout they run and it's up to the other team to provide that option for them...often times the other team has a penalty killer that will press the dman with the puck so they dump it to the winger a little sooner in most cases

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How was this determined - 1 lap, goal line to goal line?

2 of them would go middle line around the rink to back where they started though on opposite sides of each other. Whoever was the fastest moved on, when it was down to four players they did it again and then the final two did it again. and I don't remember for sure, but I don't remember Genoway being in the competition.

no such thing as "freshman" anymore!!! they both need to step it up

Two things:

1. Besides Marto and LaPoint stepping up for Genoway we also need Frattin, Miller, Zajac, Kaip etc to step up their play and provide some scoring.

2. One thing that is nice once we get to the Final Five and NCAAs, TV timeouts. With all of the TV timeouts a team can shorten their bench and a team can get by with three lines as the game goes along and also with 4-5 defensemen. It's nice to play four lines early with 3 sets of defensemen but not totally necessary with all of the delays. Just a thought.

Chay going down is no doubt going to hurt. He has been our best and most consistent defenseman. But instead of asking Marto and Lapoint to step up, we ask Chorney. Chorney is more than capable of bringing that type of game to the table. For the most part, we have not seen it this year which is remarkable considering he was a pre-season All American and Hobey candidate coming into the season. I have no doubt that this team will be able to step up to fill the voids left by Trupp and Genoway.

I'm hoping it's Frattin that steps up and starts contributing, we need someone on that third line to. I think he has been a little disappointing this year. he started off like gangbusters and then pretty much after november he hasn't been heard from.

I live a long way from home these days and listen to KFGO radio webcasts. You guys who "see" the games...are we screwed regarding a national championship now? Not being pessimistic or throwing in the towel, I just think others would have a better perspective than me. I'm just askin'

I live a long way from home these days and listen to KFGO radio webcasts. You guys who "see" the games...are we screwed regarding a national championship now? Not being pessimistic or throwing in the towel, I just think others would have a better perspective than me. I'm just askin'

As long as #1 is behind the pipes, expect a few new banners (too bold?)

We aren't screwed by any means. It just hurts us because we are a team that relied on defense so we need to score every chance we get. Now with the two injuries were are losing our most creative offensive defenseman and a dynamic forward that gave us a scoring oppurtunities as well.

Our defense needs to be huge in the coming weeks and we need to capitalize whenever we get a window of oppurtunity.

That fact that Trupp has a broken bone and that info was made public indicates he is probably done for the year. Genoway is "out indefinitely" but he injury has not been leaked. Earlier in the year a certain SS poster, with inside info :sad: , said Genoway was done for the year after his 1st injury. :huh: My gut feeling is he'll play again this year but the regional being the earliest. Just a hunch.

We aren't screwed by any means. It just hurts us because we are a team that relied on defense so we need to score every chance we get. Now with the two injuries were are losing our most creative offensive defenseman and a dynamic forward that gave us a scoring oppurtunities as well.

Our defense needs to be huge in the coming weeks and we need to capitalize whenever we get a window of oppurtunity.

It just means that a couple of freshman defenders that some have been hacking on are going to have to step up until Chay gets back. Thank god both have played because we are going to need them both.

That fact that Trupp has a broken bone and that info was made public indicates he is probably done for the year. Genoway is "out indefinitely" but he injury has not been leaked. Earlier in the year a certain SS poster, with inside info :sad: , said Genoway was done for the year after his 1st injury. :huh: My gut feeling is he'll play again this year but the regional being the earliest. Just a hunch.

yes, if its a injury that allows a player potentially to come back they arent going to reveal it in case he can make a comeback. lets hope for the best foer chay if he can get back for the regionals or around that time!

Until I read PCM's blog I forgot how previous squads have overcome similar circumstances. They saw the benefit of different players become difference makers. I can't wait to see who it will be! Maybe a veteran player with great experience, or a young player breaking out of his shell. I'm honestly shaking with excitement and anticipation! It gets worse every year! I root for everyone in a Sioux crest!

Genoway could be a tough loss, he's a fine hockey player. I honestly think the Sioux should be fine. I have a lot of confidence in Marto and LaPoint.

Following LaPoint, I think he's at his best when he's allowed to just go out and play. The loss of Genoway will pretty much assure that he'll be running the second power play. When he's at his best is when he's in control and what a better opportunity then this? Sioux are still in good shape.

Genoway could be a tough loss, he's a fine hockey player. I honestly think the Sioux should be fine. I have a lot of confidence in Marto and LaPoint.

Following LaPoint, I think he's at his best when he's allowed to just go out and play. The loss of Genoway will pretty much assure that he'll be running the second power play. When he's at his best is when he's in control and what a better opportunity then this? Sioux are still in good shape.

If they believed Genoway was "done" for the year, there would be no advantage to delay the announcement. The fact they are being so quiet about it makes me believe they think he can come back at some point and don't want to be specific about the injury, which would give the opposition a "target" if he does come back.

If they believed Genoway was "done" for the year, there would be no advantage to delay the announcement. The fact they are being so quiet about it makes me believe they think he can come back at some point and don't want to be specific about the injury, which would give the opposition a "target" if he does come back.

thats exactly right

Considering the injuries, what is the possibility of seeing Radke back on the blue-line?

I know that Hak has shown confidence in both the freshman, enough so to put them on the ice together at times this year. Just throwing it out there as another possibility.

If you do put him back at D, who do you bring off the bench to replace him at forward? I'm going to assume that Miller gets Trupp's spot, therefore I'm thinking that Davidson would replace Radke as the physical presence Davidson could bring would be more suited to the role he would be filling.

Just a thought.