SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries?

MJohnce

Anyone think its good to hear that Hak has even thought that Chay would be available this weekend. Something tells me if he is questionable this weekend, he will be here by playoffs.

Sounds encouraging for sure. One thing is for certain, Gergen had better keep his head up when he plays the Sioux next season.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the injuries, what is the possibility of seeing Radke back on the blue-line?

I know that Hak has shown confidence in both the freshman, enough so to put them on the ice together at times this year. Just throwing it out there as another possibility.

If you do put him back at D, who do you bring off the bench to replace him at forward? I'm going to assume that Miller gets Trupp's spot, therefore I'm thinking that Davidson would replace Radke as the physical presence Davidson could bring would be more suited to the role he would be filling.

Just a thought.

It is nice to have Radke as an option on defense, but I think they way the freshman defense have played and the fact that Kyle has not been on the blue-line for over a year makes it unlikely.

IMO Chay will be back for the Final 5!

It is nice to have Radke as an option on defense, but I think they way the freshman defense have played and the fact that Kyle has not been on the blue-line for over a year makes it unlikely.

IMO Chay will be back for the Final 5!

agree, too late in the game to make that switch. i like playing marto at defense without a hesitation instead of moving radke and having miller and davidson playing everynight. let miller and davidson batle it out for that forward spot and keep the D the same with marto and lapoint in everynight til chay is back

Sounds encouraging for sure. One thing is for certain, Gergen had better keep his head up when he plays the Sioux next season.

I don't think its that bad or was meant to be malicious, I think Sweeney had said Chay and Gergen had once played on the same team together.

I don't think its that bad or was meant to be malicious, I think Sweeney had said Chay and Gergen had once played on the same team together.

Played together at SSM, along with J. Toews, Chorney, and Okposo, among others.

Watch the replay again, he had to realize that was a dangerous hit and it did have an unfortunate outcome. Who you played with before is irrelevant once you hit the ice and even being teammates doesn't erase past discretions (Matt Greene's pummeling of Paukovitch).

ive seen way worse CFB calls that didnt result in any injuries or werent called. its just bad luck with those the way you go into the boards sometimes minus the bina one. i highly doubt gergen meant to hurt chay as they played together at ssm. sucks he got hurt but something tells me he will be back for the ncaa tourney if possible!

Watch the replay again, he had to realize that was a dangerous hit and it did have an unfortunate outcome. Who you played with before is irrelevant once you hit the ice and even being teammates doesn't erase past discretions (Matt Greene's pummeling of Paukovitch).

I don't think that this was all that different from Ryan Duncan's CFB in Minnesota. The players were going a bit faster but aside from that it was pretty close to the same thing.

I don't think that this was all that different from Ryan Duncan's CFB in Minnesota. The players were going a bit faster but aside from that it was pretty close to the same thing.

my take is it happens. the game is so fast at this level and its unfortunate but it happens and i agree once you are on the ice you dont think about being former teammates but i dont think he had any intention of hurting chay as im sure duncan didnt try to hurt barriball or whoever he checked from behind.

Not saying that I know of anyone who has one of these injuries :D but what would be the diffence between a "hip flexor" injury or a "hip pointer"?

Hip Flexor

hip pointer

this is what I got and they could explain it far better than me. From what I can tell, a hip flexor is a shorter time frame away then a hip pointer depending on the severity of the hip flexor. Just look at the links.

Not saying that I know of anyone who has one of these injuries :D but what would be the diffence between a "hip flexor" injury or a "hip pointer"?

A hip pointer is more of a bruise while a hip flexor would be a pulled muscle.

I have pulled my hip flexor a couple of times and it sucks. I would have to get in my vehicle and then use my hands and arms to lift and pull my left leg into the car. I know it took a few weeks to heal enough to be comfortable, but then I wasn't exactly lined up with the rehab facilities and trainers that a college athlete would have either and I had hurt it playing softball and it didn't hamper my ability to open a beer so I just let it heal on it's own. :D

I think I recall hearing during one of the coaches shows a few weeks back hennessy said that in december tj suffered a hip injury. my originaL thought on saturday was that tj may have reaggrivated that injury. hak said back in december that tj could play, it would just be the amount of pain he could take. so time will tell. best bet-we don't see tj unless there's a game 3.

I've had a hip pointer before and it hurts pretty much any time you move or it is bumped. But it is basically a bruise so it doesn't really prevent you from doing most things if you can take the pain. Because it is aggravated every time you move your leg in any direction it does take a while to fully heal.

Doesn't look malicious or intentional to me at all. If you look at the replay he hits him from the side, not from behind. Still deserves a boarding call, and I'm even OK with a 5 min penalty, but to say this was a malicious hit is a little ignorant. If he's steamed up at the Sioux, he probably would turn and face Kaip and Finley when they come after him in the corner. Instead he moves quickly away from Chay, and turns his back to the Sioux players rushing at him, as if to say "Sorry guys, let's just make sure Genoway is OK". The Sioux players seem to understand this gesture, as Gergen gets absolutely NO physical "treatment" from the Sioux players.

Plus Genoway knows if he goes full tilt to the puck he is going to get crushed into the end boards, so he starts to slow up and turn to keep position on Gergen, but Gergen is still going full speed. Dangerous play? Probably...Intent to injure? I just don't see where you get that.

Hopefully Genoway will be back in action soon...looks like a shoulder injury to me, hopefully just a sprain or strain variety.

Doesn't look malicious or intentional to me at all. If you look at the replay he hits him from the side, not from behind. Still deserves a boarding call, and I'm even OK with a 5 min penalty, but to say this was a malicious hit is a little ignorant. If he's steamed up at the Sioux, he probably would turn and face Kaip and Finley when they come after him in the corner. Instead he moves quickly away from Chay, and turns his back to the Sioux players rushing at him, as if to say "Sorry guys, let's just make sure Genoway is OK". The Sioux players seem to understand this gesture, as Gergen gets absolutely NO physical "treatment" from the Sioux players.

Plus Genoway knows if he goes full tilt to the puck he is going to get crushed into the end boards, so he starts to slow up and turn to keep position on Gergen, but Gergen is still going full speed. Dangerous play? Probably...Intent to injure? I just don't see where you get that.

Hopefully Genoway will be back in action soon...looks like a shoulder injury to me, hopefully just a sprain or strain variety.

it wasnt malicious and i also didnt think there was intent to injure chay in my eyes but it deserved a CFB,dont think it was a shoulder but i see him back hopefully for the regionals if not earlier.

Chay's wrist was wrapped on Saturday night in Duluth.