SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts on the game:

I want to start off by saying that Joe Finley had his best game in a Sioux uniform this afternoon. Had numerous hits, did not get beat at all, did well on the PK, and even put up an assist. Awesome game by him.

I feel completely comfortable with Lamoureux in net. He showed this weekend why he should be in consideration for the Hobey.

I hope we don't lose Genoway for any significant time. He has been the best defenseman on the team this year, and losing him would hurt both our PP and our defensive coverage.

Vande Velde is strong in front of the net. Most of his goals this year have been within 10 feet of the net I think. He is very strong in there and is a great asset to the team.

Oshie is the best player in college hockey. I don't care if he doesn't have the most points. There isn't a person stronger on the puck in college hockey. There might not be anyone who works harder in college hockey. He is maybe the smartest player in college hockey. He is excellent on faceoffs. He can score, and he is a wonderful playmaker. How he doesn't have more points than he does astonishes me, but anyone who watches him can clearly see that he is far and away the best player on the ice every game.

Zach Jones deserves more credit. He is absolutely tenacious in his own zone. He just flat out doesn't get beat in the defensive zone out there.

Watkins also deserves more credit. He is one of the most consistent players on the team. I don't remember the last time he had a bad game.

Kozek has the hardest wrist shot I have ever seen from someone in a Sioux uniform. It is unbelievable how hard his shot is. I'm glad to see he has turned that shot into the team lead in goals this year so far.

Zajac also has been playing very well. He knows his role, and does his job perfectly. He is good in his own zone. Very good on the PK.

Martens has really stepped his game up. He is showing to be a better playmaker than I ever thought he could be. Just a solid player out there. Not great speed, or a great shot, but just doesn't screw up.

Those are my thoughts right now heading into the end of the season. Thoughts/Comments?

I agree with most of that manchild. I would have to disagree (in a good way) regarding Finley. Although he had a great game, he's had many other great performances defensively this year. He's really showed his stuff all season, and is getting some good shots on net to boot, some of which are going in.

I agree with most of that manchild. I would have to disagree (in a good way) regarding Finley. Although he had a great game, he's had many other great performances defensively this year. He's really showed his stuff all season, and is getting some good shots on net to boot, some of which are going in.

Don't get me wrong. I think he has easily been one of the top 3 sioux defensemen this year. I just think today he really stood out.

Don't get me wrong. I think he has easily been one of the top 3 sioux defensemen this year. I just think today he really stood out.

DID ANYONE ACTUALLY SEE THE GENOWAY INJURY?

DID IT LOOK BAD?

WAS TRUPP HURT SAT. AFTERNOON?

DID TRUPP PLAY TODAY?

DID ANYONE ACTUALLY SEE THE GENOWAY INJURY?

DID IT LOOK BAD?

WAS TRUPP HURT SAT. AFTERNOON?

DID TRUPP PLAY TODAY?

yes its in the video thread - checking from behind

yes, his arm was in a sling while he watched the rest of the game from the stands today

yes, may be a broken bone in lower leg

no

We better appreciate Finley while we have him, becaue we will only have him for maybe 7-8 more games if we go to the title game.

Figure 2 against SCSU, 2 against the WCHA first round opponent, 2 at the regional and then two more at the frozen four.

We better appreciate Finley while we have him, becaue we will only have him for maybe 7-8 more games if we go to the title game.

Figure 2 against SCSU, 2 against the WCHA first round opponent, 2 at the regional and then two more at the frozen four.

I'm sure the same could be said for Oshie, Chorney, and possibly a couple more!

exactly, as fans lets enjoy this run the sioux are on and hope it continues for the team as they seem like they have 1 thing on their minds!!

It was great to get two wins in Duluth but the price was great. We lost Trupp for the year. I'm guessing Genoway sits for this weekend at least and if he has a broken wrist he sits until the regionals. That's a heavy price to pay for two wins.

We all know what these two guys brought to the team and they will be missed. Now we need guys like Frattin, Marto, LaPoint, etc. to step up and play a bigger role.

We need Frattin to show that goal scoring touch he has, LaPoint and Marto to play like seasoned defensemen, and guys like Zajac to show some scoring touch along with their normal defensive play.

Get well Genoway and Trupp.

C'mon Goon. Where's your confidence in this team? You figuring that we are going to lose the first round of the playoffs?

It was a great college hockey game. The Bulldogs were flying. The place exploded after the Dogs scored for the first time in over eleven periods. The Sioux came up huge to first tie the game and then win it in OT. A solid win, and an impressive sweep, over a damned good Duluth club that was hungry and desperate for goals and points.

Another good lesson learned for the boys. What the heck. There is no reason to lose between now and the end of the year. Ten more wins. That'd probably set a few school records, and put this team at the top of the heap. The top of many heaps. It's gonna be a great rest of March and first twelve days of April.

Just got back from Duluth. A fun time and just had to share a few things.

DUMBEST COMMENT MADE BY THE UMD FAN SITTING BEHIND ME: "Oshie... I thought he left the same year Parise did? Maybe that's his younger brother playing today."

FAVORITE COMMENT MADE BY A UMD FAN IN THE SKYWAY AFTER TODAY'S GAME. "At least we scored a goal."

My wife and I stayed at the Radison and so did the team. Rode down in the elevator with Trupp this morning and I was surprised to hear that it's a broken bone. Didn't see a cast on it. Spoke with Lammy this morning as he was at the computer in the lobby checking uscho for scores. He was happy with the CC results of last night too.

Unpacking the bags until Friday... then heading up to GF. Go Sioux! Oh and by the way...I didn't make any of this up!

I'd wondered what it meant too. Not intending to interpret, but since 'Siouxtimestwo' didn't reply, just referred to the incident that popped up when searching for "Goodelled". Perhaps Sweeney would be 'called up' to defend comments he made re: what he saw on tape, the evidence (tape of the goal) would need to be destroyed, whatever. OOps, I guess that would be interpreting what it 'might' mean and I wasn't going to do that!! Oh, forget it :(:lol:

You guys pretty much summed up what I meant. I was referring to the NFL commissioner. Since FSSN was showing the ref reviewing the tape, we could see what he was seeing pretty clearly. After all the controversy with goal reviews this year, if the ref had come out and waved off the goal, I figured Shepherd would have gotten ahold of the tape of the broadcast and destroyed it.

It was a great college hockey game. The Bulldogs were flying. The place exploded after the Dogs scored for the first time in over eleven periods. The Sioux came up huge to first tie the game and then win it in OT. A solid win, and an impressive sweep, over a damned good Duluth club that was hungry and desperate for goals and points.

Another good lesson learned for the boys. What the heck. There is no reason to lose between now and the end of the year. Ten more wins. That'd probably set a few school records, and put this team at the top of the heap. The top of many heaps. It's gonna be a great rest of March and first twelve days of April.

I think you're right on. The mission continues, and I'm right there with you. I told a friend after the St. Cloud series in Jan. that we may have just seen the last loss of the season. Denver awaits those who work as hard as the Sioux did today, taking the game back from a team that I'm pretty sure felt they had the game in hand, and the momentum, when they scored that first goal. You are right, that home crowd noise was thunderous, but Kozek buried that enthusiasm in just over a minute by good, old fashioned, hard work. And the OT goal was more of the same. This team knows what it takes to win.

Sorry to miss you at the games this weekend, NDH....I was lookin' for you. Perhaps at RAE for Round 1?

I agree I was addressing that one to the Finley doubters/haters. I have not seen many posts of hate directed towards Oshie or Chorney.

I wish we could have the later two back as well next year but not realistic...

You're assuming that the Sioux get swept at home in the first round and don't make it to the F5?

:(

Oh, crap, that was an ADHD moment. :angry: Sorry I thought we were missing a few games along the way.

Sorry There I fixed my post...

Wow. Treacherous drive south of Duluth on I-35. Freezing rain. We saw a pickup truck roll over and back right side up. Folks seemed alright. Big multi-car pileup near Moose Lake. Ditched vehicles everywhere. A real white knuckler for awhile. Hope Hwy 2 West was in better shape, and that all are home safely.

Hear ya there, we took 35 home after the game as well and was a pretty dicey drive. Had a truck and trailer lose control right in front of us and was swirving all over, somehow he pulled out of it. Couple accidents looked pretty serious, Ford Focus I believe that had the whole drivers side smashed in.