SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

Exactly what I was thinking, but everyone else disagrees.

if they lose they lose, big deal either way.i say we win out til the wcha final 5 game and face cc and then anything can happen. im not saying you guys are wrong by feeling that, just how i feel like you do with the streak. i hated these afternoon games. weird feel to them. just love how this team finds different ways to win.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think Shepherd would have done to FSSN if the refs would have waved that goal off after they showed the replay. Would Sweeney have been Goodelled? :angry:

What do you mean? Shepherd would probably have issued an apology, told Thul he was a bad bad man, suspended him for a weekend's work on a weekend he wasn't scheduled to work anyhow, and called it good.

What is Goodelled?

What do you mean? Shepherd would probably have issued an apology, told Thul he was a bad bad man, suspended him for a weekend's work on a weekend he wasn't scheduled to work anyhow, and called it good.

What is Goodelled?

Senator Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said he had written NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, seeking an explanation as to why evidence in the NFL's investigation of the Patriots videotaping was destroyed. "We wanted to take and destroy that information," Goodell said. "They may have collected it within the rules, but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

Glass half full: We can play like garbage and still pull out a W.

Glass half empty: We've got a lot to play for from here on out and can't afford to have a letdown for even a second.

Precisely.

Here's my weekend grading wrap up:

Offense: C -- Ok, this is harsh, especially considering UMD's defensive play and goaltending, but I think we could have done a lot better in this category.

Defense: A- (A+ Saturday, B+ Today) - Overall, we did fine in this category. No really costly mistakes despite my opinion of UMD holding the advantage (especially Sunday) in scoring chances.

Goaltending: A+ - JPL only gives up one goal all weekend long. It will be JPL vs. CC's Hillen for Defensive POTW.

PK: A+ I think we're now at the point where it doesn't matter if we go down a man for 2. I truly think we'll kill it off. Sure, if anyone can score on us on the PP, it is SCSU, so we have to be careful, but this is truly a magnificent special team.

PP: D (C+ for Saturday, F for today) - Yes, I'm harsh on this but I don't see how we can not only NOT play well with a man up, but manage to play so poorly on Sunday that I was thankful for the 4 on 4 play. Today's effort was awful. Seriously, for as many PP's as we were given (enough to warrant whether or not we actually deserved a lot of them), we should have played better. Once again, it shouldn't take us 2+ minutes to register a SOG on a 5 minute major.

Discipline: C+ - We took some dumb penalties this weekend. Lucky for us, UMD took more.

UMD's grades:

Offense: B- (C for Sat. A- for today) - It's hard to speak highly of an offense that doesnt finish, but they produced a ton of quality chances this weekend.

Defense: A- - They played well. They played with desperation. They played aggressive but didn't allow much all weekend long. Simply magnificent play.

Goaltending: A - Should have been an A+ if it weren't for the giveaway that ended up tying the game (I think it was Stalock's pass that was picked off). I can't imagine where UMD would be without Stalock. After watching him play, he has to be right alongside Mannino, JPL, and Bachman when it comes to top NCAA goaltenders.

PP: D - It might have been UND's stellar PK unit that made them look bad, but they were very ineffective. They didn't give up many shorthanded chances except for one today.

PK: A - Did what they had to do. Clogged up the passing lanes and really drove us nuts.

Discipline: D- Terrible job of staying out of the box this weekend.

Senator Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said he had written NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, seeking an explanation as to why evidence in the NFL's investigation of the Patriots videotaping was destroyed. "We wanted to take and destroy that information," Goodell said. "They may have collected it within the rules, but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

And here I was thinking of the former WCHA official turned Director of Little REA Goodell. :angry:

Precisely.

Here's my weekend grading wrap up:

Offense: C -- Ok, this is harsh, especially considering UMD's defensive play and goaltending, but I think we could have done a lot better in this category.

Defense: A- (A+ Saturday, B+ Today) - Overall, we did fine in this category. No really costly mistakes despite my opinion of UMD holding the advantage (especially Sunday) in scoring chances.

Goaltending: A+ - JPL only gives up one goal all weekend long. It will be JPL vs. CC's Hillen for Defensive POTW.

PK: A+ I think we're now at the point where it doesn't matter if we go down a man for 2. I truly think we'll kill it off. Sure, if anyone can score on us on the PP, it is SCSU, so we have to be careful, but this is truly a magnificent special team.

PP: D (C+ for Saturday, F for today) - Yes, I'm harsh on this but I don't see how we can not only NOT play well with a man up, but manage to play so poorly on Sunday that I was thankful for the 4 on 4 play. Today's effort was awful. Seriously, for as many PP's as we were given (enough to warrant whether or not we actually deserved a lot of them), we should have played better. Once again, it shouldn't take us 2+ minutes to register a SOG on a 5 minute major.

Discipline: C+ - We took some dumb penalties this weekend. Lucky for us, UMD took more.

UMD's grades:

Offense: B- (C for Sat. A- for today) - It's hard to speak highly of an offense that doesnt finish, but they produced a ton of quality chances this weekend.

Defense: A- - They played well. They played with desperation. They played aggressive but didn't allow much all weekend long. Simply magnificent play.

Goaltending: A - Should have been an A+ if it weren't for the giveaway that ended up tying the game (I think it was Stalock's pass that was picked off). I can't imagine where UMD would be without Stalock. After watching him play, he has to be right alongside Mannino, JPL, and Bachman when it comes to top NCAA goaltenders.

PP: D - It might have been UND's stellar PK unit that made them look bad, but they were very ineffective. They didn't give up many shorthanded chances except for one today.

PK: A - Did what they had to do. Clogged up the passing lanes and really drove us nuts.

Discipline: D- Terrible job of staying out of the box this weekend.

nice summary, ill take the wins anyway you can get them

hell of a job to pullout 4 points. you need puck luck and bounces and 14 of the 15 game unbeaten streak are wins. good job sioux, keep it rolling

PHIL 4 HOBEY

ten 1 goal games

5 shutouts

started 32 of 33 games for the sioux

waiting for stats to be entered to update his national stats

Where was I complaining? I was merely making an observation. :):angry:

I think some are missing the points Good teams find ways to win playing good tough teams. UMD is a good tough team.

I would put them up against any team in any league and they would give them fits as well. I would say that Stalock is one of the best tenders in the league. Today's game was a playoff style of game. UMD deserves the credit they played like a hard nosed team. I you look at the score board every game UMD has played this season has been close.

nice summary, ill take the wins anyway you can get them

hell of a job to pullout 4 points. you need puck luck and bounces and 14 of the 15 game unbeaten streak are wins. good job sioux, keep it rolling

PHIL 4 HOBEY

ten 1 goal games

5 shutouts

started 32 of 33 games for the sioux

waiting for stats to be entered to update his national stats

stats updated

phil 1st in nation with a 1.76 GAA

phil tied for 1st in nation with a .934 sv% with 2 others

tied for 2nd in nation in shutouts with 5

Who cares about the others when you are already #1 in the PWR. :angry:

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pwr.php

Just for kicks and giggles. This is who would be in if the playoff started today.

1t North Dakota 23 4 23-8-2 .7273 1 .5903

1t Michigan 23 2 27-5-4 .8056 2 .5895*

3 New Hampshire 22 3 22-7-3 .7344 5 .5781

4t Colorado College 21 5 24-9-1 .7206 3 .5849

4t Miami 21 1 29-6-1 .8194 4 .5813*

6 Denver 19 7 22-11-1 .6618 6 .5656

7 Clarkson 17 9 20-10-4 .6471 8 .5429

8t Michigan State 16 6 23-9-5 .6892 7 .5580

8t Boston College 16 11t 16-10-8 .5882 9 .5401

8t St. Cloud State 16 20 17-14-3 .5441 10 .5374

11 Minnesota State 13 15t 17-13-4 .5588 12 .5360

12 Minnesota 12 28t 14-13-9 .5139 14 .5279

13t Wisconsin 11 28t 15-14-7 .5139 13 .5321

13t Minnesota-Duluth 11 37t 12-14-6 .4688 15 .5226

Just for kicks and giggles. This is who would be in if the playoff started today.

wont happen :( 2 or 3 teams will get their bubble burst 1st round wcha playoffs. ive said 5 wcha teams will get in and am sticking to that :)

Hats off to the Bulldogs who did their coach proud with a hard defensive effort today. And way to go SIOUX!!!

Championship teams find a way to win when they fall behind....even late in a 0-1 game. A greasy road win, but a huge win nonetheless.

Great to see so many Sioux fans here in Duluth. Looking forward to seeing you at the RAE in two weeks!!!

GO SIOUX!!! :angry:

Yea, but the WCHA is weak this year. The CCHA is where it's at.

I hope you are kidding about that. The Crappy Collegiate Hockey Association has one really good team (Michigan), two good teams (Michigan State and Miami), one decent team (Notre Dame) and eight mediocre teams, any one of which would have trouble finishing in the top half of our league. League strength in order: 1) WCHA, 2) HEA, 3) CCHA, 4) ECAC, 5) AHA, 6) CHA. I think we will have up to half of our league (5 teams) in the NCAA tournament. I don't think we'll have an all-WCHA Frozen Four, but I think we'll have at least two teams in Denver on April 10th.

I hope you are kidding about that. The Crappy Collegiate Hockey Association has one really good team (Michigan), two good teams (Michigan State and Miami), one decent team (Notre Dame) and eight mediocre teams, any one of which would have trouble finishing in the top half of our league. League strength in order: 1) WCHA, 2) HEA, 3) CCHA, 4) ECAC, 5) AHA, 6) CHA. I think we will have up to half of our league (5 teams) in the NCAA tournament. I don't think we'll have an all-WCHA Frozen Four, but I think we'll have at least two teams in Denver on April 10th.

and that he was :angry:

And here I was thinking of the former WCHA official turned Director of Little REA Goodell. :angry:

I'd wondered what it meant too. Not intending to interpret, but since 'Siouxtimestwo' didn't reply, just referred to the incident that popped up when searching for "Goodelled". Perhaps Sweeney would be 'called up' to defend comments he made re: what he saw on tape, the evidence (tape of the goal) would need to be destroyed, whatever. OOps, I guess that would be interpreting what it 'might' mean and I wasn't going to do that!! Oh, forget it :(:lol: