Vossberg Speaks Out

westsidesioux

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Chorney's comments on Brad's blog:

Assistant captain Taylor Chorney also talked about UND's scuffles this year. Here are his comments:

"It's not something we talk about throughout the week, like, 'Oh, let's go out and get in a couple fights this weekend.' I guess it's just the situation. This past weekend, Rads is out there and a couple guys on our team get jumped and we were outnumbered. When you get put into a situation like that, you've got to have your teammates backs. Maybe this year, more than in the past, we've been in a couple different situations like that. We're the type of team that's going to stand up for each other no matter what.

"We're going to keep playing the same way. We probably won't drop the gloves any more or anything like that. But I think we've maybe sent a little bit of a message to everybody that we're the type of team that's going to have each other's backs through everything."

I wonder when our program is going to reverse the common theme of usually being involved in all of these scuffles. It's a black mark for our program and we can be better than that behavior. There is a common denominator here.

Agreed, but you still have to defend yourself, and your teammates. Also it still takes to two fight and I think we are getting somewhat of a bum rap. If you want to go back and review our games where there are fights(scrums). I think you will find that we do not deserve all the disrespect for starting them. We just seem to want to finish them. (right or wrong I like our MOXY as a team)

Agreed, but you still have to defend yourself, and your teammates. Also it still takes to two fight and I think we are getting somewhat of a bum rap. If you want to go back and review our games where there are fights(scrums). I think you will find that we do not deserve all the disrespect for starting them. We just seem to want to finish them. (right or wrong I like our MOXY as a team)

I too agree. Sticking up for your teammates has become a black mark on this program. :rolleyes:

2.5 times (Testuide/Radke counting as the .5) now it has been a result of a cheap shot by the other team. The third time (Radke/Vossberg) it is because the officials don't know their head from a dung pit.

I have nothing against ARC, but we should really stop contracting out to them for our officials.

I too agree. Sticking up for your teammates has become a black mark on this program. :rolleyes:

2.5 times (Testuide/Radke counting as the .5) now it has been a result of a cheap shot by the other team. The third time (Radke/Vossberg) it is because the officials don't know their head from a dung pit.

I have nothing against ARC, but we should really stop contracting out to them for our officials.

Do you think your qualifier "I have nothing against ARC", makes your statement less insulting to either the officials or those folks in ARC? Think about that at church this Sunday.

Too funny! It still takes two and I will stand by that. Green Glasses or not, respect is sometimes earned and this team is earning it

Oh my god what a little girl. Whats next? is Chamber's gonna have a detective come in and question all the Du fans at the game and look at the video of it and potential evidence in who started it. Get over it! Never in my life have I seen such pathetic journalism....well except for that whole Miami a dynasty thing.

Honestly, I have a little more respect for Vossberg after reading that. It makes sense to stand up for teammates, and Denver did come out on the wrong end of a 2-man advantage after that; something they neglected to print in that blog. It was an interesting take on the scuffle, and I appreciate that Vossberg talked about it.

It has been said before, but Radke has a very short fuse. It's not hard to get him going, especially when he has a DQ to burn against a NC Bemidji team. While I like that he stood up for teammates, he should really have backed off. You're not out to kill anyone (at least I hope not).

I too agree. Sticking up for your teammates has become a black mark on this program. ???

I have to agree with this statement. I think when asked about the ranting and ravings of the fans about UND. Hockey is a rough game and if the teams are getting out muscled recruit tougher players. I heard one UM fan complaining that UND would have the gal to recruit a player like Hextal. How dare they.

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO. I don't expect UND to just turn the other check when their players are jumped (4 on 1) and cross checked and then punched (especially when the refs did nothing but stand by) UND is a tough team and when the REFS finally start calling the penalties the stuff will calm down.

I have to agree with this statement. I think when asked about the ranting and ravings of the fans about UND. Hockey is a rough game and if the teams are getting out muscled recruit tougher players. I heard one UM fan complaining that UND would have the gal to recruit a player like Hextal. How dare they.

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO. I don't expect UND to just turn the other check when their players are jumped (4 on 1) and cross checked and then punched (especially when the refs did nothing but stand by) UND is a tough team and when the REFS finally start calling the penalties the stuff will calm down.

Yeah how dare we recruit the leading scorer on the Penticton Vees with 71 points in 52 games. Im outraged because he obviously has no talent and is just a goon! :D

The Fighting Sioux are a physical team; always have been and always will be, I hope. They are a TEAM.

They are the team to beat year in and year out, regardless of the numbers in the w/l column. Every team in the WCHA knows if you cheap shot a Fighting Sioux hockey player, you're going to pay. Right or wrong, when you take that shot, you're doing it to the team not to an individual. When the Sioux hit the ice, they have a big target on their back. This year more than ever the only way to try to beat them is to have them play short handed.

Call them goons or thugs, I call them a team. You want a game without getting your's handed to you on a platter, play nice. ???

The Fighting Sioux are a physical team; always have been and always will be, I hope. They are a TEAM.

They are the team to beat year in and year out, regardless of the numbers in the w/l column. Every team in the WCHA knows if you cheap shot a Fighting Sioux hockey player, you're going to pay. Right or wrong, when you take that shot, you're doing it to the team not to an individual. When the Sioux hit the ice, they have a big target on their back. This year more than ever the only way to try to beat them is to have them play short handed.

Call them goons or thugs, I call them a team. You want a game without getting your's handed to you on a platter, play nice. ???

Serious RUBE cred for that post...