Vossberg Speaks Out

westsidesioux

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think the 82 team would be hard to beat:

Sykes, Eades, Murray, Shervin, Tippett, Archie ...

Ludwig, Patrick, Zombo, Stoney ...

Casey and Jensen in goal

If you had to tie this team to one of the past UND champs I can see a comparison. But it is still hard to compare many teams to the 82' team. They were as physical as they were talented. A lot of NHL ice time was logged by the fella's that played on the 82' team!

I like Murder, Inc.

except murder inc. is a rap music label. judging by the name i wouldnt copy it ;) ja rule and irv gotti will be knocking at your door aksing for the profits with a 9 millimeter in your mouth ???

murder_inc.jpg

NEVERMIND, i guess they changed their name to THE INC. now so we are good :D

irvgotti.jpg

maybe they can do the murder inc. or goon squad logo with the white out shirts. would be a cool thought.

It's being worked on. Input from people would be appreciated.

I'm on to someone. I'm on the bandwagon. My compliments to whomever came up with it.

I post so much garbage, it's a requirement that I actually say something good every once in a blue moon. :lol:

Hello Sioux fans, first time poster here, so take what I have to say for what its worth.

I feel that this team has always been a physical team, no doubt about that. They are tough and hard checking and that is how we play North Dakota hockey. Proud of it too!

But it seems like this year that we've gotten MORE than physical. Yes, our players are defending their teammates, which can be expected...if undoubtedly provoked. All I seem to see these days is us defending our seemingly new style of play.

We must admit to ourselves that Denver and Minnesota have a point. It cannot be a coincidence that the four brawls this year have ALL involved North Dakota. We can talk about Genoway being ganged up on, and the possible cross-check by R.J. Anderson, but the fact is, they don't ALWAYS necessarily require this kind of retaliation. Cross-checking and "cheap shots" happen in every game. Every last one. Every team gets away with a call, including us.

So why does it seem that we're the only ones that find it necessary to start a brawl? We tend to blame the referees for all of these problems, but once again, the fact is we have 13 more penalties and 108 more penalty minutes than any other team in the WCHA, and that's with three less games!

Now I know that most of this post will probably be ignored, and I will possibly be ridiculed for this, because I've seen other Sioux fans speak up like this and have their opinions shot down. I can only hope that I will not be antagonized as the gopher fans usually are. We can hopefully keep this on a more adult level than seems to happen over on GPL.

Go ahead, take your shots.

Hello Sioux fans, first time poster here, so take what I have to say for what its worth.

I feel that this team has always been a physical team, no doubt about that. They are tough and hard checking and that is how we play North Dakota hockey. Proud of it too!

But it seems like this year that we've gotten MORE than physical. Yes, our players are defending their teammates, which can be expected...if undoubtedly provoked. All I seem to see these days is us defending our seemingly new style of play.

We must admit to ourselves that Denver and Minnesota have a point. It cannot be a coincidence that the four brawls this year have ALL involved North Dakota. We can talk about Genoway being ganged up on, and the possible cross-check by R.J. Anderson, but the fact is, they don't ALWAYS necessarily require this kind of retaliation. Cross-checking and "cheap shots" happen in every game. Every last one. Every team gets away with a call, including us.

So why does it seem that we're the only ones that find it necessary to start a brawl? We tend to blame the referees for all of these problems, but once again, the fact is we have 13 more penalties and 108 more penalty minutes than any other team in the WCHA, and that's with three less games!

Now I know that most of this post will probably be ignored, and I will possibly be ridiculed for this, because I've seen other Sioux fans speak up like this and have their opinions shot down. I can only hope that I will not be antagonized as the gopher fans usually are. We can hopefully keep this on a more adult level than seems to happen over on GPL.

Go ahead, take your shots.

your opinion, nothing wrong with that. my main concern is wins and losses and we havent lost in 11 games. if a fight happens it happens. the sioux wont back down and shouldnt. the sioux have always played tough and will continue minus fighting for now per hak on the coaches show and chorney per brads blog which is just fine. someone has to lead the wcha in penalty minutes right and we are up there every year it seems?? we have a phenominal kill % when we are shorthanded so be it. i never blame refs for any games loss or won but you cant sit back and say hunt didnt screw up big time for not tossing radke and testwuide in the first fight. no excuses at all for that. bad judgement by the refs that led to the later radke fight which is why we are still discussing this. it is what it is. rakde sits 2 games, fine. move on to bemidji state and continue the roll!!

just wondering? what does "SIOUXSPOILER" mean as your screen name? hope it wasnt for the 1 post you made referring to that ;):lol:

and DU and UMtc have points? nope, dont think so. just go watch the du/umtc video from last year when they went at it and the du player used gordons face as a punching bag while he was on his back while the ref watched it and gordon got a game suspension :lol: now thats a raw deal..wow. code of conduct right like gwoz said?? please. oh but i forgot, its the sioux who do all the fighting, that video must have been made up to look like one of the teams werent the sioux

So why does it seem that we're the only ones that find it necessary to start a brawl?

I can honestly say that we did not start each of those brawls.

Wheeler takes a poke at Finley.

Manino takes a shot at Finley.

etc., etc., etc.

These guys want to start something, they better be prepared to back it up, and not cower behind their coach.