SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux: WCHA or CHA

LuvHockey

There has got to be more reasons to stay than leave, but just for discussion think about changing to the CHA for a minute.

Reasons that would be for this:

-help save the CHA conference from folding (would need another one to join too)

-(almost) guaranteed NCAA appearance as conference winner

-escape the horrendous WCHA referee situation (this may be the best reason)

-guarantee better PWR rating with higher winning record, no advantage to schedule strength now

Reasons to stay:

-better competition (but more losses in PWR calculations)

-traditional rivalries

-travel cost savings

-we dominate now, why think it won't continue

Thoughts?

are you kidding me? i really hope so

there was a thread you can dig up regarding the big 10 maybe happening and all of this stuff was discussed but nothing crazy like the sioux going to the cha :lol:

guarenteed ncaa spot a advantage :D who the hell do you think the sioux are :lol:

sorry to laugh but this was halarious, not being mean but come on with this, i checked the date and its not april 1st so whatever

There has got to be more reasons to stay than leave, but just for discussion think about changing to the CHA for a minute.

-guarantee better PWR rating with higher winning record, no advantage to schedule strength now

Reasons to stay:

-traditional rivalries

-travel cost savings

Thoughts?

The first reason that comes to mind as why not to do this is what myself and most other alumni will think of, TRADITION. This is the only conference UND has ever been a part of for hockey, and to switch would mean sacrificing over 50 years of WCHA. I actually think this would drastically effect the caliber of play as it would be harder to recruit. The more realistic situation is seeing BSU join the WCHA, as I think they could greatly improve by continually playing higher quality teams, which will benefit play recruiting and the quality of the product for the school. UND leaving the WCHA is like duke or North carolina leaving the ACC in basketball, just wont happen.

Wow....probably all of our recruits want to play here to play better competition. The Sioux wouldn't stay great for long. They'd stay good though.

are you kidding me, dropp umtc, sconnie, du and cc and lets play some powerhouses like alabama and company :lol:

what a joke of a idea

Reasons to stay:

-traditional rivalries

-travel cost savings

Thoughts?

1. Log out of siouxsports.com

2. Close internet browser.

3. Turn off computer.

4. Leave post-it note on computer screen that says, "Under no circumstances shall this machine ever be turned on again. By making moronic posts involving a completely idiotic and far-fetched opinion, the owner of this machine has lost all privileges pertaining to use of advanced technology."

Let's debate this without name calling or labeling please, no matter what we think.

Reasons not to jump to the CHA:

1. We are not Miami wannabees with a cupcake schedule

2. The CHA has been unstable for some time and UND joining it will not make it stable.

3. The NCAA could easily pull the CHA auto bid

4. None of the CHA teams are natural or historic rivals - sorry, but BSU is not a natural rival (yet)

5. The WCHA is the PREMIER college hockey league

6. No guarantee CHA refs are better. What if by some miracle the WCHA cleans house and the current WCHA refs jump to the CHA?

7. Loss of historic rivalries such as MN, WI, Denver, CC, etc.

8. Who is going to fill the Ralph to watch the likes of the other CHA teams.

9. Ralph Engelstad would roll over in his grave.

10. Alumni donations and season ticket sales would drop.

Reasons to jump to the CHA:

1. . . . . . . ? Can't think of any.

Guess which way I vote!

Let's debate this without name calling or labeling please, no matter what we think.

Reasons not to jump to the CHA:

1. We are not Miami wannabees with a cupcake schedule

2. The CHA has been unstable for some time and UND joining it will not make it stable.

3. The NCAA could easily pull the CHA auto bid

4. None of the CHA teams are natural or historic rivals - sorry, but BSU is not a natural rival (yet)

5. The WCHA is the PREMIER college hockey league

6. No guarantee CHA refs are better. What if by some miracle the WCHA cleans house and the current WCHA refs jump to the CHA?

7. Loss of historic rivalries such as MN, WI, Denver, CC, etc.

8. Who is going to fill the Ralph to watch the likes of the other WCHA teams.

9. Ralph Engelstad would roll over in his grave.

10. Alumni donations and season ticket sales would drop.

Reasons to jump to the CHA:

1. . . . . . . ? Can't think of any.

Guess which way I vote!

thank you as there are no reasons , its so ridiculous of a idea so that feedback has to be expected

Reasons to stay:

-traditional rivalries

-travel cost savings

Thoughts?

I think its a GREAT idea!!! :lol::D:lol:

Let's not be mean here guys, c'mon.

It is stated that there has to be more reasons to stay in the WCHA. I agree. Helping the CHA, while noble and in the spirit of supporting american collegiate hockey is like throwing our program underneath the bus. It would be great if I gave half my income to charity too, but hey, I'm a Sioux Fan, not Mother Theresa.

The history, tradition and success of UND hockey has been due to being part of the WCHA. The WCHA has become The premier league in college hockey because of programs like UND. MN, WI, UMD, Denver and CC also contributed to this for decades. Recent success in Mankato and SCSU have helped too. AA is still working on some things, Tech and Northern Michigan have both spent plenty of time helping build this conference too. Now Northern MI is in the CCHA.

I am for inviting as many kids to the party as we can, but not to the point where we run out of cake and ice cream.

Hockey will always be a regional sport. You don't build fans where kids can't play it on their own, and don't have heros to watch. As much as I want BSU to be successful, and for CHA to be successful, there is no way I trade the chance at beating MN, WI, Denver, CC, UMD, et all in the best conference in college hockey year in and year out.

Long live the Sioux, long live the WCHA. No matter what Bruce McClown and the Sheep heard want to do to it.

If the goal is to have UND womens hockey attendance exceed UND mens hockey attendance, this is surely the plan.

If the goal is to play in the same conference as NDSU the day NDSU adds hockey, this is surely the plan.

Otherwise, let's just say it leaves open opportunity for skepticism and harsh critique.