SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Dave Hakstol

The Walrus

Wow - Bobby Knight - now there's someone to hold up as a shining example - great comeback.

And funny - I never heard of coach Knight flipping an official off.

So your point is - if the coach gets results - it's ok to be a jerk.

where did i say its okay to be a jerk? yes it was not needed and he got caught but my point was that people will talk about it but they wont give two shits about it 2, 3 years down the road. would we be all over Lucia if he did this? probably, but we would get over it and move on. i may be wrong but the gophers do far more bush league things than UND, i.e. POPPING THE JERSEY, thats classless and bushleague

and if your going to knock HAK (as you claim he is OUR coach) go cheer for a different team!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This appears to be an unbiased view of the events - but since it paints the Sioux in an unflattering light - it can't possibly be unbiased.

http://www.westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

Edited by moderator -- please do not copy articles from other sites in their entirety -- use selective quotes

One of that blogger's favorite teams is the Mavericks, where Kaip just destroyed one of their guys in a fair, drop the gloves and helmets, fight. There has been bad blood between Mankato and the Sioux for some time, so to say Chris is unbiased is...likely inaccurate. I respect his knowledge and really enjoy his blog but I wouldn't catagorize him as unbiased on this topic.

One of that blogger's favorite teams is the Mavericks, where Kaip just destroyed one of their guys in a fair, drop the gloves and helmets, fight. There has been bad blood between Mankato and the Sioux for some time, so to say Chris is unbiased is...likely inaccurate. I respect his knowledge and really enjoy his blog but I wouldn't catagorize him as unbiased on this topic.

Good point Dagies, Bloggers are not unbiased. I can tell you that for a fact, Chris is not UNBIASED.

where did i say its okay to be a jerk? yes it was not needed and he got caught but my point was that people will talk about it but they wont give two shits about it 2, 3 years down the road. would we be all over Lucia if he did this? probably, but we would get over it and move on. i may be wrong but the gophers do far more bush league things than UND, i.e. POPPING THE JERSEY, thats classless and bushleague

and if your going to knock HAK (as you claim he is OUR coach) go cheer for a different team!

"sure he flipped his lid a bunch of times but he got results"

I guess this is where I apparently "misinterpreted" your remarks - sorry. But you are the one that brought up the Coach Knight comparison.

I think a good portion of the population would indeed classify Bob Knight as a jerk - regardless of his successes.

So if you are going to use him as an example - well, I would just suggest going to Wikipedia (FWIW) and take a look at his many "Controversies".

I considered posting some of them here - but I really don't have the time to delete all of the effenheimers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Knight

There are many many excellent coaches that get results and have kids graduate without flipping their lids.

I guess this is where I apparently "misinterpreted" your remarks - sorry. But you are the one that brought up the Coach Knight comparison.

I think a good portion of the population would indeed classify Bob Knight as a jerk - regardless of his successes.

So if you are going to use him as an example - well, I would just suggest going to Wikipedia (FWIW) and take a look at his many "Controversies".

I considered posting some of them here - but I really don't have the time to delete all of the effenheimers.

There are many many excellent coaches that get results and have kids graduate without flipping their lids.

I don't consider Bob Knight a jerk. I don't think a "good portion of the population" classify him as a jerk. He's a good coach and gets results.

As for your last statement, which I bolded, isn't that what makes every coach unique/different? And in the bigger picture, every person unique/different? Sure, you may not like it. So and So might not like it. But I don't mind it. Potential recruits obviously know what kind of coach he is. They wouldn't go play for him if they didn't choose to. Recruits go there because they want to play for him and get an education.

Back on topic, Hakstol will be ok, UND will be ok, and in 2 months I will have forgotten this whole ordeal altogether.

it makes me sad that you think a lot of those "controversies" are bad, most of them he never got into trouble! i like the one where he yelled at his team for having an 8-10 record! wow lets get him! c'mon, those "controversies" are nothing and you also failed to mention that even with all the "controversies" he ran the cleanest programs around! not like you could say that about the GOPHERS! ;)

This (like lots of other threads) gets blown way out of proportion. Hak didn't do anything that almost everyone on this board wouldn't do in his place. I could't hear the conversation and I still wanted to smack Adam. Hak already showed good control. If you want to talk about classless; that idiot doing interviews after the game has to rank right at the top.

This (like lots of other threads) gets blown way out of proportion. Hak didn't do anything that almost everyone on this board wouldn't do in his place. I could't hear the conversation and I still wanted to smack Adam. Hak already showed good control. If you want to talk about classless; that idiot doing interviews after the game has to rank right at the top.

The majority on this thread agree with you. It is what it is, let's move on.

The next step is for the WCHA to accept UND's discipline or not. Two games is pretty harsh, so I'm betting this is a done deal.

At the very least, it sets a standard against which other schools and the WCHA might handle similar incidents down the road.

IMO, Haks manned up early, Eades gets to drive the Ferrari for a weekend and we move on. :angry:

At the very least, it sets a standard against which other schools and the WCHA might handle similar incidents down the road.

IMO, Haks manned up early, Eades gets to drive the Ferrari for a weekend and we move on. :angry:

And don't think for a second that the RPMs won't be in the red when the boys hit the ice vs. DU! Buckle up!!