SiouxSports.com Forum

BEYOND THE POND with Puffy

Oxbow6

and thats why they lost because of their hair color :blush: try 6 men on the ice for grafton, i think the last guy on is the guy who scored ;) woops.

yup..he was the last guy on the ice...but just like all the missed trippings and hookings and holdings and cross checks and elbows and roughings that are missed in the course of a game...too many man on the ice is the same type of infraction.....what's the most amazing part is that even when asked the linesman STILL said he only saw 5 on the ice....ALL SIX WERE IN THE ZONE!!! haha...

the most embarrassing part of the whole ordeal isn't that the officials missed a call, but how the red river student section and several other fans reacted after the overtime goal was scored by littering the ice with trash, signs and then throwing things at the grafton players as they celebrated....it was a disgusting act of childish, spoiled, self righteous disrespect and the administrators and teachers at red river should be absolutely embarrassed with the way they were represented by the students and fans...if my daughter ever acted like that.....doesn't matter...i'm raising her better than that

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess my only take on Puffy is that he is good for college hockey overall because he helps to give the sport more visibility. Up until recently, I have been a fan of Puffy and I have been able to laugh at his stick because he represents the rube in all of us. He just happens to be a Gophers fan. But I think this year he has lost me a bit on his over the top take on the Zajak cross check. He made some very misleading statements to distort reality like: it was a premeditated hit and that the hit happened after the buzzer which are simply not true and very unprofessional on his part... I am waiting for him to reclaim some of his credibility by mentioning Peltiers hit on Saturday a cross check after the buzzer - but nothing yet.. if he doesn't it all kind of blows up in his face and he nothing more than a simple rube who can not see the truth. KFAN and FSN might as well hire some of the guys off of GPL - no degree or credibility required.

I never thought that I would say this but I like the Wooger more and more!! He actually called Peltier out on the broadcast nobody else at FSN had the guts.

In case you are wondering why I pay attention to FSN/KFAN, I am the only Sioux fan at work and everyone else is a bunch of FSN/KFAN minions. So, I try to stay ahead of them by paying attention to FSN/KFAN.

I appreciate having some college hockey coverage here, as long as I'm in the Twin Cities, but "state of hockey" my ass...they only pay attention to their gofers when they are kicking everyone elses butt...the Star Trib should be embarassed at their coverage of college hockey...and Puffy; this guy is a total rube and !@#!$!...I laughed last year when he was crying like a little girl on the postgame show after the Sioux took out the Metro-sexuals in the regional...didn't he also get fired from Fox for bashing the referees after a game? Stay classy Minnesota! :whistling:

I appreciate having some college hockey coverage here, as long as I'm in the Twin Cities, but "state of hockey" my ass...they only pay attention to their gofers when they are kicking everyone elses butt...the Star Trib should be embarassed at their coverage of college hockey...and Puffy; this guy is a total rube and !@#!$!...I laughed last year when he was crying like a little girl on the postgame show after the Sioux took out the Metro-sexuals in the regional...didn't he also get fired from Fox for bashing the referees after a game? Stay classy Minnesota! :whistling:

I like PA and Dubay (aka Puffy). I think they are great for Minnesota sports in general. Theres alot of times i agree with Puffy about our beloved Sioux. I think though as the years go by and we keep tearing his heart out he becomes a little more bitter. As we all get older it seems like we tend to respect our rivals more and more for there is always a time when we will have to face the same wrath we sew. I can see him getting older and a little more bitter with his words because of all the recent success of UND and the downfall of his beloved gophers. UND fans throw it in his face day after day and we expect him to say we are perfect without a weakness and there is no way anybody is greater then us.....blah blah.

If you were him you probably wouldnt be much different, infact I doubt many of you would give credit where credit is due like he has about us in ND as of late.

If your better at what he does and can say more with less bias, start a talk show, and do a better job.

Im a huge Sioux fan and a huge vikings fan and i love the mixed rivalry we have with the folks to the south. I think they are a great group and i will continue to listen whenever i can.

Duckies and bunnies rule!

I like PA and Dubay (aka Puffy). I think they are great for Minnesota sports in general. Theres alot of times i agree with Puffy about our beloved Sioux. I think though as the years go by and we keep tearing his heart out he becomes a little more bitter. As we all get older it seems like we tend to respect our rivals more and more for there is always a time when we will have to face the same wrath we sew. I can see him getting older and a little more bitter with his words because of all the recent success of UND and the downfall of his beloved gophers. UND fans throw it in his face day after day and we expect him to say we are perfect without a weakness and there is no way anybody is greater then us.....blah blah.

If you were him you probably wouldnt be much different, infact I doubt many of you would give credit where credit is due like he has about us in ND as of late.

If your better at what he does and can say more with less bias, start a talk show, and do a better job.

Im a huge Sioux fan and a huge vikings fan and i love the mixed rivalry we have with the folks to the south. I think they are a great group and i will continue to listen whenever i can.

Duckies and bunnies rule!

Dubay is an asshole and hates the Sioux program with a passion. There is no question about that.

Dubay is an asshole and hates the Sioux program with a passion. There is no question about that.

what makes him an asshole??? he might "hate" the sioux program but he respects the hell out of it, give us credit when it's due, and LOVES the rivalry between our beloved team and his beloved team........so i repeat...what makes him an asshole??

I don't think it would be hard to say more with less bias than the maroon and gold's #1 Superfan. The difference between him and any other college hockey fan is that he gets to offer his point of view to the 100 or so people still watching the Gofers this year. :D

the most embarrassing part of the whole ordeal isn't that the officials missed a call, but how the red river student section and several other fans reacted after the overtime goal was scored by littering the ice with trash, signs and then throwing things at the grafton players as they celebrated....it was a disgusting act of childish, spoiled, self righteous disrespect and the administrators and teachers at red river should be absolutely embarrassed with the way they were represented by the students and fans...if my daughter ever acted like that.....doesn't matter...i'm raising her better than that

I agree that was total class by the RR students.

I don't think it would be hard to say more with less bias than the maroon and gold's #1 Superfan. The difference between him and any other college hockey fan is that he gets to offer his point of view to the 100 or so people still watching the Gofers this year. :D

at least he talks college hockey in minny and is one of the only talk show guys to do so. i cant believe the lack of college hockey talk on radio there in a whole. he is halarious to watch on tv as he can barley hold his emotions in which will cost him that gig down the road. his face gets all red :whistling: no matter what he says it wont fly with sioux fans as diggler pointed out. as long as college hockey is in the airwaves thats cool with me

at least he talks college hockey in minny and is one of the only talk show guys to do so. i cant believe the lack of college hockey talk on radio there in a whole. he is halarious to watch on tv as he can barley hold his emotions in which will cost him that gig down the road. his face gets all red :whistling: no matter what he says it wont fly with sioux fans as diggler pointed out. as long as college hockey is in the airwaves thats cool with me

hey, I listen to Beyond the Pond every week...there is no other coverage in MSP worth a crap...I'm just glad the Sioux are doing well this year...it makes things much more bearable down here... :)

...at least he talks college hockey in minny and is one of the only talk show guys to do so. i cant believe the lack of college hockey talk on radio there in a whole.

You've got to keep in mind there are only 59 Division I hockey programs in existence. We're lucky there is one dude talking about our favorite sport on the air.

You've got to keep in mind there are only 59 Division I hockey programs in existence. We're lucky there is one dude talking about our favorite sport on the air.

and thats my point is that he does talk college hockey. you woudl think with ow many d-1 teams in minny there would be a nightly 2 hour talk show devoted to it. if i lived there i would have one for sure!!

I agree that was total class by the RR students.

I am by no means defending bad behavior, but every fan base has a contingent of idiots. Remember, they are hesitant to give out anything at UND games for fear it will get thrown on the ice at inopportune times. The lack of respect for other people is rampant everywhere, not just sporting events. It would be nice if more people would live by the Golden Rule, but I'm not holding my breath.

...Remember, they are hesitant to give out anything at UND games for fear it will get thrown on the ice at inopportune times....

Ironically, your post was made one minute before I received an email from The Ralph saying they are giving away 10,000 pairs of Thunder Sticks before the 14 March playoff game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling:

Ironically, your post was made one minute before I received an email from The Ralph saying they are giving away 10,000 pairs of Thunder Sticks before the 14 March playoff game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

So, should they just have the Sioux start a man down, as inevitably at least one of those will wind up on the ice at some point! :whistling::D

Ironically, your post was made one minute before I received an email from The Ralph saying they are giving away 10,000 pairs of Thunder Sticks before the 14 March playoff game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling:

well at least those are light and not easy to throw :D

That was hilarious!! The fans kept trying to get those bears over the net and they just kept coming back. Boomerang Bears!! :whistling:

I tried to throw my hat on the ice after Kozy's hat trick against DU and it landed on the edge of the bleachers of the upper deck... Didn't even make the lower bowl. Of course that was after one of two of the big beers but I didn't realize how far up we are. I am only in Row H... :D

I tried to throw my hat on the ice after Kozy's hat trick against DU and it landed on the edge of the bleachers of the upper deck... Didn't even make the lower bowl. Of course that was after one of two of the big beers but I didn't realize how far up we are. I am only in Row H... :D

You throw like a girl.

what makes him an asshole??? he might "hate" the sioux program but he respects the hell out of it, give us credit when it's due, and LOVES the rivalry between our beloved team and his beloved team........so i repeat...what makes him an asshole??