SiouxSports.com Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. That really sucks. Would have been a fun talent to watch. Oh well, on to the next.
  3. Figured something was up. He was supposed to announce Monday
  4. Don’t think anything crazy happened- just didn’t want to come
  5. Thats crazy, had to be something that happened or maybe a different school came in with an offer. Feel like he was looked in for us next year
  6. Think he waffled a little on being “committed”
  7. Today
  8. What happened? Or was he not the one?
  9. Pretty late to be entering the portal at this point. Assuming he knows where's he going then.
  10. Good thing we’re showing him that he is a priority to us!! Kids want to go to places that they feel wanted and like a priority! Let’s get him!!
  11. tough get...holding 12 offers according to Verbal Commits. Has offers from Arizona State, Arkansas State and Eastern Michigan.
  12. 4/5 DE’s taken in yesterday’s NFL first round weighed between 245 and 260lbs. Other guy weighed 285lbs.
  13. You miss my point. How big do you think they need to be? My point is how important speed/strength/quickness is. Slow big guys aren’t very effective. I agree that when combined with size it is even better. Small slow guys are worse.
  14. Played with Adam Hall and Ryan Miller, etc. They were pretty good for Sparty back in the day.
  15. Unfortunate it overlaps with the UND Champions Ball.
  16. How has having smaller LB and DL worked so far for UND? The answer is not good at all!
  17. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/258163/cody-laskosky
  18. Evan Werner (CC) in portal. Three seasons left, 19 pts as freshie. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/512365/evan-werner
  19. Confirmed. It sold out last year. I believe this is the biggest PBR event that comes to North Dakota and Minnesota. As always, can't beat $15 nose bleed seats. (Save fees. buy at Alerus). See ya there tomorrow.
  20. Key point to our struggles has been the absence of our TE’s in our passing schemes. If anyone listened to Nick Saban last night he discussed how involving athletic TE’s as an integral part of an offense makes things much more difficult for defenses. It can force your corners into more single coverages. It also creates the challenge of committing safety help vs LB’s athletic/quick enough to cover the TE in man coverage. I recently discussed the use of TE’s in the passing game with 3 of our former coaches and their opinions were all similar to Saban’s. On a related note some of you may be surprised at the actual size of some of the defensive linemen and LB’s in the draft. The idea that DL have to weigh 260lbs or more and LB’s need to be over 230lbs is not an opinion shared by those same coaches. (They all coached at the FBS level). Speed, quickness, intelligence and athletic ability are more important that the extra 20-30 lbs, especially for LB’s and DE’s. Slot receivers, athletic TE’s, running QB’s have put a premium on speed and quickness and athletic ability for LB’s and DL. In looking at 40 times for WR I was surprised at how so many ran 4.45 or greater. We have and have had guys who can do that. I read a lot of comments about how our WR’s lack enough speed to be a deep threat. The majority of deep throws are 20-45yds. Most of the time the receiver is already open in the first 20-25yds from LOS and if they catch the ball when they break open a lot of the long pass plays are after the catch. To me, the key to 2024 for us is the OL, accuracy of QB, and whether or not we are smart enough to scheme our TE’s into our offense and speed, quickness and intelligence on defense. It starts with OL or else the other key components won’t be as effective. On defense it is speed, strength, quickness and intelligence more than size. Yes, a bigger guy with speed quickness and intelligence is preferable but it starts with speed strength and quickness.
  21. What is Oct 14, 2023 and the subsequent 365 days.
  22. That is the point I was trying to make.
  1. Load more activity