SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

29 minutes ago, teamsioux said:

Brett Hiatt from the St Louis area has been offered. 6'2", 190.

I believe Hiatt got one of the graphics (posted on Twitter), but I haven't seen anything that shows that this actually represents an offer.  I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

More so than in the past, it appears we are going head-to-head with other FCS programs for some really talented kids.  The latest:

LB Luke Wertz, 6'2", 230, 4.8, Batavia (Batavia), IL  Has offers from IN St, SIU, UNI, NDSU, E KY, Ball St & Cornell

LB Luke Dwyer, 6'2", 200, 4.8, Lake Zurich (Lake Zurich), IL  Has offers from W IL, NDSU, SIU, IN St & E KY

Some interesting recruiting philosophies.  Per 247 Sports, here are the number of offers made to prospects at this point in time:

USD       46

SDSU     39

UNI         29

NDSU     14

UND       16

Obviously, 247 does not have info on all the offers as UND has made at least 32 known offers.  Assuming the other schools also have offered a significant higher number than reported by 247, USD, SDSU and UNI would really have a ton of offers out there.  The NDSU # doesn't surprise me as they can be very selective - they usually get whoever they want.

One thing I really do like about our recruiting this year as that we are going head-to-head against the above teams for some real talented recruits.  Hopefully, we will get our share!! 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Jr. Day on campus tomorrow - it is sure too bad the weather is so lousy up there.  There are some kids coming from better climates - hope the weather doesn't influence their decision-making!!

It's a great opportunity to brag about how nice and necessary the HPC is.

• UNDBIZ featured and unfeatured this topic