SiouxSports.com Forum

2017 Season

SiouxVolley

Took a look at the Big Sky standings this morning, and wondered what happened to Idaho State?!  0-3 in conference, 3-13 overall.  Then I looked at their schedule, and last night was only the second game of the season that they've played at home.  They've also played schools from the ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12, and Mountain West.  Plus, their first three conference games were against PSU, SAC, and NAU, some of the better Big Sky teams.  What a way to start the season! 

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

Took a look at the Big Sky standings this morning, and wondered what happened to Idaho State?!  0-3 in conference, 3-13 overall.  Then I looked at their schedule, and last night was only the second game of the season that they've played at home.  They've also played schools from the ACC, Big Ten, Pac-12, and Mountain West.  Plus, their first three conference games were against PSU, SAC, and NAU, some of the better Big Sky teams.  What a way to start the season! 

That is a tough start.

I won't miss them next year, they were a thorn many times in UND's side in multiple sports (minus Men's basketball)

Inched up to #42 now on Massey, just a shoeprint behind Louisville.  Portland St dropped to #51.  The games next week may be effectively for all the marbles at Portland St and Sac St.  Sac St is just a touch above Ole Miss.  Those two could be trouble especially in away games.  All the other Big Sky teams are well behind them.  Idaho in Moscow, N Ariz, and NColo would seem to be the only ones that on paper may gives us trouble.

http://volleyballmag.com/ncaa-volleyball-092917/

In the Summit League, NDSU beat Denver yesterday, so NDSU is in first place there.  That is important, as if NDSU wins the Summit, they would almost assuredly get fed to Minnesota as a first round opponent.  The Summit really only has NDSU and Denver capable of winning that conference, as USD has fell well off the pace this year.

How about EWU having 30 attack errors!  That's over a set right there.  They finished with .000 hitting percentage.

Dooley was dominant.  While we played better this match there were still stretches that were off.  Like in 3rd set when we gave u I think 8 straight points after being up 9-4.