Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Ray77

2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Recommended Posts

Fetch   

My Grandson Loves Cullen has many pics with him but I want Oshie to get his name on the Cup

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ovechkin a -2 so far. Both goals were a result of him not back checking on the first and not clearing the zone on the second. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So .... the 2017 Change of Scenery Swap: Ovi and Holtby for Lundqvist, Stepan, and Nick Holden. ;) 

 

(Trying to get it "equal" both ways using CapFriendly.com) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   
3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Ovechkin a -2 so far. Both goals were a result of him not back checking on the first and not clearing the zone on the second. 

Not like he could back-check on the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Not like he could back-check on the last one.

Didn't say that. He had a lazy clearing attempt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   

The NHL needs to put the #1 and #2 seeds on opposite sides of the brackets.

Get rid of the wildcard team and make it the top 8 teams where #8 plays #1.

#MakeHockeyGreatAgain

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   
14 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Didn't say that. He had a lazy clearing attempt. 

The poke/stick check for everything needs to be eliminated from the game. Get the puck and take a hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game 7 shutout : Fleury being Fleury

Washington was clearly the better team in this series. Fleury single-handedly stole four games the Pens didn't play well enough to win. I just can't say enough about the mental toughness of that young man in the face of so much adversity.

 

If they do in fact move him in the offseason, as rumors suggest they will, I'm not so sure they're even a playoff team next year. Maybe they'll come to their senses and lock him into an extension if they end up winning another Stanley Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray77   
On 5/2/2017 at 9:36 AM, Ray77 said:

So apparently Rob Rossi is a reporter from Pittsburgh and he was the one asking Trotz the question about the play last night.  This is unbelievable...what a douche!

 

This guy just breathed a big sigh of relief!

That was actually a very good game which i thought Washington controlled for the most part...until the end. They had a ton of chances and just couldn't corral the puck.

Now buckle up for tonight's Oiler/Ducks game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

Game 7 shutout : Fleury being Fleury

Washington was clearly the better team in this series. Fleury single-handedly stole four games the Pens didn't play well enough to win. I just can't say enough about the mental toughness of that young man in the face of so much adversity.

If they do in fact move him in the offseason, as rumors suggest they will, I'm not so sure they're even a playoff team next year. Maybe they'll come to their senses and lock him into an extension if they end up winning another Stanley Cup.

Dare I say you seem knowledgeable of the team, even a die-hard Pens fan.
As much as some want to believe otherwise, PIT can only protect one goalie in the expansion draft. 
Very true that Fleury won this with his play. 
Eventually that string of questionable play will come back and bite. 

Karma is a real ----- that way. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Dare I say you seem knowledgeable of the team, even a die-hard Pens fan.
As much as some want to believe otherwise, PIT can only protect one goalie in the expansion draft. 
Very true that Fleury won this with his play. 
Eventually that string of questionable play will come back and bite. 

Karma is a real ----- that way. 

True, but Fleury is the only one worthy of protecting. I get what people are saying about Murray being both younger and cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Murray can win only when the team in front of him plays great, but Fleury is capable of stealing some wins when the rest of the team is not playing up to their potential.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cberkas   
20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The Drake!

 

20 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Caggs!!!!!!!!!

That looked like a Sioux goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Roosevelt83 said:

True, but Fleury is the only one worthy of protecting. I get what people are saying about Murray being both younger and cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Murray can win only when the team in front of him plays great, but Fleury is capable of stealing some wins when the rest of the team is not playing up to their potential.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/penguins 

6 RFA/UFA at forward; another 6 at defense; and an age 32 goalie making $2M more than an age 22 who's show he can be the #1, and more than $4.6M over the cap (using injury reserves to cover). Something's going to give

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MafiaMan   

Ovechkin and the Capitals may as well be wearing Washington Generals jerseys when they play Pittsburgh in the playoffs...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/penguins 

6 RFA/UFA at forward; another 6 at defense; and an age 32 goalie making $2M more than an age 22 who's show he can be the #1, and more than $4.6M over the cap (using injury reserves to cover). Something's going to give

Sid, Kessel, and Fleury should be untouchable. Anybody else I might be willing to say goodbye to for the sake of getting under the salary cap.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×