SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

I know this is totally off-topic, but I registered for this board on Friday after the game to make some comments, but didn't get my account approved until today (for whatever reason). Most of what I wanted to say is completely irrelevant now, but I was at the Ralph for both games this past weekend and DAMN what a hockey weekend! Just wanted to tip my hat to the Sioux for pulling off the impossible on Friday and following up beautifully on Saturday. Can't wait to (hopefully) be back in my seats on Saturday to watch this streak continue. GO SIOUX!

Oh, and what's up Ry? Glad to be on board (sorry, horrible pun)

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is totally off-topic, but I registered for this board on Friday after the game to make some comments, but didn't get my account approved until today (for whatever reason). Most of what I wanted to say is completely irrelevant now, but I was at the Ralph for both games this past weekend and DAMN what a hockey weekend! Just wanted to tip my hat to the Sioux for pulling off the impossible on Friday and following up beautifully on Saturday. Can't wait to (hopefully) be back in my seats on Saturday to watch this streak continue. GO SIOUX!

Oh, and what's up Ry? Glad to be on board (sorry, horrible pun)

what up nick, welcome to the board man and nice jersey in your picture :lol: GO SIOUX

2 games for 2 fights in 1 game HAS to be a college hockey record, doesn't it?

yeah probably since its in the rule book it cant happen :lol: marco hunt screws it all up and radke gets the 2nd game, what about hunt for his brilliant judgement.i guess its not the 2 games but come on wcha, hold your friken refs to some standards would ya. just something please would be great.....wow

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/i...;section=sports

heres the best part of this whole situation and the funniest part from the article

McLeod said that the incident between Radke and Testwuide is not considered a game disqualification, though. So if Radke gets another disqualification later this year, it will be considered his second, not third. That would mean an automatic two-game suspension.

So is Radke the first player to ever get 2 separate fighting DQ's in the same game ? Let's see someone top that ! :lol:

I don't have a problem with that decision IF the refs also are suspended, after all without their incompetence the second fight would never have happened. Not only did they not throw Radke and Testwuide out but they consistently allowed denver to empty their bench after every period ended. Certainly after the Radke/Testwuide fight earlier in the period they should have ensured that the teams get to the locker room without incident. If the refs aren't suspended then Radke should only get one game and Testwuide should not be suspended.

What is the rule for fighting? It seems the way they are calling it, in general, is that if you throw a punch with a gloved hand it is OK, you might get a roughing call but no DQ. If you drop the gloves and throw punches you get the DQ (except for Radke/Testwuide, still don't get that one).

What's it going to take for the league to dump Shepard and company? They can't handle replays, they can't call obstruction properly, and they can't handle game situations. This has been going on for years and seems to be getting worse, not better, each year.

So if they can have make up calls on fights why not make upcalls on the missed goals from earlier on??

They have opened up a large can of worms.

what up nick, welcome to the board man and nice jersey in your picture :lol: GO SIOUX

Thanks man :D not only was this an awesome xmas present, but I think it has some supernatural powers as well. The Sioux haven't lost since I started wearing this jersey...I was there wearing it when they finally broke their win-Friday/lose-Saturday streak at home, AND when they broke the lose-Friday/win-Saturday streak on the road! :lol: there's just somethin about it..

Too a large degree it is in this case.

If you want Radke to take responsibility for his actions then the same should apply to the ref. Had Hunt done his job then Radke couldn't have been in 2 fights in the same game even if he wanted to since he would have been tossed after the first. I am fine with a 2 game suspension for Radke as long as Hunt is suspended also. Let's hold them both accountable for the fights. It's not as if the 1st fight was a borderline decision for Hunt, they both dropped the gloves and threw punches. Seems like the league doesn't feel it was correct since the additional DQ's were handed out after a review. Maybe we will find out in two or three weeks that Hunt was suspended after someone notices that he didn't work any games. The league is not very upfront when it comes to suspensions for officials, seems like it takes quite awhile to be made public.

This will all be fixed when the WCHA adopts the 28 officials-per-game system next season. Combined with full post-game replay review they *should* be able to call most of the penalties with some accuracy....

:lol:

i love the idea... im partial to this, this song reminds me of sioux hockey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmuzdGYGlo

also, the final two and a half minutes of this would be badass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDjKNvRCX0Q

speaking of MAN-tages, this is damn funny... not on topic, but still funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvltzwkUEEA

I actually have had kind of a request from a certain somebody who shall remain nameless. I am going to be working on it over the next week or so. I will reveal more later.

McLeod said that the incident between Radke and Testwuide is not considered a game disqualification, though. So if Radke gets another disqualification later this year, it will be considered his second, not third. That would mean an automatic two-game suspension.

The whole damn bunch subscribe to the Don Adam "make sh** up as you go" rules. Apologies for two blown calls which would have hurt Denver (Wisco and SCSU goals), and now this. What a crock the league leaders are. Making up rules where there aren't any; will the entire referee crew by suspended for blowing the first fighting call; they certainly should be.

And adding another Gwoz code that doesn't quite match his earlier quotes to the Denver paper, it is totally OK to continue punching a downed player in the head, as long as he has his helmet on. Sounds like D Adam and the entire leadership has learned entirely from Curious George.

So if they can have make up calls on fights why not make upcalls on the missed goals from earlier on??

They have opened up a large can of worms.

That was my thought when I read this story. They can fix some things, except the things that really matter like the outcome of games.

Since we're talking about going back, how about punishing Gwozdicky for pushing a player into the fight? How about ejecting Manino for a game for throwing a punch and how about throwing Derrick Peltier out for attacking Trupp?

RE: UND is a bunch of goons ...

Usually a team of thugs will decide to mix it up when they are behind to try to get the other team off their game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the incidents this year involving Wisco/MSM/Denver all happened when we were ahead, didn't they. Could it be the other team's were frustrated and decided to start something, not us.

The incident at the John happened after an overtime tie - which team do you think was more frustrated.

Actually, the cheapest thing a Sioux player has done this year happened when UMinn played at the Ralph on Sat, when Kozek went after a Gopher at center ice after a Gopher goal at the end of the period. Actually, he should have went after a couple of his teammates who were sleepwalking that series.

Since we're talking about going back, how about punishing Gwozdicky for pushing a player into the fight? How about ejecting Manino for a game for throwing a punch and how about throwing Derrick Peltier out for attacking Trupp?

But in the book of Gwoz that's ok if Trupp had his helmet on.

That was actually my main question to him...why he opposed Radke doing it, but at the same time Testwuide did it to Gordon last year.

He essentially said that they were not similar cases because in the Gordon/Testwuide fight, they both had their gloves/helmets still on, which minimized the impact of the punches. He didn't say anything about why the fight continued on despite Gordon being on the ice though.

Isn't what happend to the DU player exactly what happend to Kaip and Breuss last year at The Ralph? Breuss was on top of Kaip throwing punches with Kaip's head on the ice. What did Kaip do? He fought back and tied his guy up and if not for a previous fight, he would have landed his fair share. No ref's or AR's to stop the fight.

The bigger point is that the coaches didn't seem to care after the game. They didn't complain/whine to the league. The coaches understood.

du_gwozdecky.jpg

GWOZ'S 3 CODE OF CONDUCT RULES - get it free now because this special offer wont last long. call now and recieve a FREE dasher dancing video and not only that, if you call in the next 30 seconds you will also get a FREE pink replica tie like the ones gwoz wears!

call now - 1-800-CON-DUCT

#1 CODE OF CONDUCT - DO NOT HIT A PLAYER WHILE HES ON THE GROUND DURING A FIGHT, IN NO FORM OR FASHION EVER!

CLICK HERE FOR EXAMPLE FOLKS

#2 CODE OF CONDUCT - DO NOT EVER BE THE THIRD MAN IN DURING A FIGHT, EVER!

during 2nd intermission interview gwoz expresses how hes upset his team didnt stick up or help other players - vosberg im guessing ???

#3 CODE OF CONDUCT - NEVER FIGHT WITH YOUR HELMET ON ESPECIALLY WITH A FULL CAGE

first half of fight vosberg is throwing punches with a full cage then radkes gets it off. radkes got taken off and bottom line it was off. he proved earlier he understood what happens in a fight as he dropped his helmet right away vs testwuide.

HURRY FOLKS, GET YOURS NOW BEFORE I CALL THE WCHA OFFICE AND MAKE YOU GET A COPY

Thanks for the examples. It definitely makes Gwoz look like the ultimate hypocrite. His guy looked like Ralphie in the Christmas Story throwing down with a bully, except Gwoz would have you believe that everyone else is the bully except for his saintly players.

Too a large degree it is in this case.

If you want Radke to take responsibility for his actions then the same should apply to the ref. Had Hunt done his job then Radke couldn't have been in 2 fights in the same game even if he wanted to since he would have been tossed after the first. I am fine with a 2 game suspension for Radke as long as Hunt is suspended also. Let's hold them both accountable for the fights. It's not as if the 1st fight was a borderline decision for Hunt, they both dropped the gloves and threw punches. Seems like the league doesn't feel it was correct since the additional DQ's were handed out after a review. Maybe we will find out in two or three weeks that Hunt was suspended after someone notices that he didn't work any games. The league is not very upfront when it comes to suspensions for officials, seems like it takes quite awhile to be made public.

I agree about Hunt. Not making that call likely elevated tensions.