SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Seating

flatspin7

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the student senate should counter-propose all of 111 and the last (however many) seats in each row of 110 that would equal the # of seats they currently have. This would prevent them from blocking any views but other students. (not that students want their views blocked but the us vs. them wouldn't continue with the non-students) Giving the students the first few rows of 110 is only condusive to continuing the controversy. This way they show a willingness to compromise, they don't lose any seats, and they keep the section more unified.

*to those who read my earlier post I apologize for repeating myself

While continuing to allow the students to stand.

Sorry, but that's no compromise.

If there is a way to do so and no one gets blocked it is a compromise, and really I think that most students are OK with the status quo, while I would like to stand to my hearts content I understand why that is not a feasable idea.

Federov makes a good point... In the spirit of compromise what are you going to give up? Nothing... If they move the student section people who chose those seats initailly will be moved. That is a loss for the season ticket holders. Not to mention the people in 111 what about the people in 110 who will be moved out, or have students place infront of them.. that doesnt "fix" anything

The problem can be resolved by saying that any student who stands the entire game will be removed from the arena. If they come back the next game and do the same thing they surrender their tickets. I firmly believe that most students want to make sure that every one can see the game... we are not all little children and do have concepts of other people. As with society there are people who dont give a damn about others, and trust me many of those guys are a$$es to other students not just to some of the folks in 110. I dont think many would shed a tear if some of those guys got booted.

Federov makes a good point... In the spirit of compromise what are you going to give up? Nothing...

Why should the people who aren't able to see the game have to give up anything? That makes no sense.

I don't know what compromise is? Let me put it to you another way.

We're both at the same movie in a theater that's completely full. I'm sitting in front of you wearing my 10-gallon cowboy hat, which is so large that it obstructs your view of the movie you paid to see. There's nowhere else for you to sit. You politely ask me to remove my hat so that you can see the movie. I tell you that I'll take off the hat only if you give me fifty bucks.

There's a word for that and it's not "compromise."

I don't know what compromise is? Let me put it to you another way.

We're both at the same movie in a theater that's completely full. I'm sitting in front of you wearing my 10-gallon cowboy hat, which is so large that it obstructs your view of the movie you paid to see. There's nowhere else for you to sit. You politely ask me to remove my hat so that you can see the movie. I tell you that I'll take off the hat only if you give me fifty bucks.

There's a word for that and it's not "compromise."

PCM... I'm with you on this one.

If there was something that the season ticketholders were doing that impeded the view of others, they'd have to give up what they want to do in some sort of compromise with those who object to their actions. But... hello out there... they're doing nothing wrong. Compromise doesn't have a damn thing to do with this. If you don't play by the rules, you get moved. REA students...case in point.

Anyway...Flatspin, I'm sorry that those of you who do abide by the rules and are respectful of others are getting the s&!t end of the stick. That really sucks, but nobody ever said life is fair. Once you're out of school, it gets worse. :blush:

[Anyway...Flatspin, I'm sorry that those of you who do abide by the rules and are respectful of others are getting the s&!t end of the stick. That really sucks, but nobody ever said life is fair. Once you're out of school, it gets worse. :blush:

I do think there are other ways to deal with the issue, simply kicking out those who don't get with the program should deal with it relatively quickly. If people start getting booted I would be willing to be the problem would get fixed. The only issue with that is that the security might get a little overboard and boot people who are standing during more appropriate times.

To be honest moving seat also has the ability to screw over season ticket holders who chose to sit in those seats and are now being forced out. Moving really is a bad deal for everone.

Enforcement may be a better way to go. IMO

Trust me... I know the worlds not fair, just becuase I am finishing up college doesnt mean I have a job :D

I am going to bite my tounge on this one, because I just found out that I passed all my classes and I actually will graduate on Saturday. :blush:

But.... Assigned Seats = Empty Seats... And How are these seats going to be assigned. Will friends be able to sit together?

Not smooth

I am going to bite my tounge on this one, because I just found out that I passed all my classes and I actually will graduate on Saturday. :0

In what? God help you if you're in engineering... Everyone knows what a scam engineering is! :D:blush: Anyway, congratulations.

There goes my plan of buying a regular season ticket and sitting in the student section with all my friends. Dangit!!! :blush: Oh well, maybe I'll figure something out by October.

I think it is kinda dumb too, but oh well at least I don't have to deal with it. Good time for them to change things, when I'm leaving. This will also make it so people won't be stting outside for 7 hours for the Gopher games. That's kinda sad. That was some of the most fun I ever had. Nearly freezing to death just to get a good seat. :D

Assigned seats suck...If you want to assign seats, assign people to either the lower bowl or upper bowl. Do they think that we students go to the games alone. Believe it or not, I have friends, and I would like to sit with them at the games. What were they thinking? And, Diggler I agree, half of the fun of a Sioux game is standing outside freezing your a$$ off a few hours before the doors even open for your seats. Way to drop the ball on this one Senate, you almost had me believing you knew what you were doing. :blush:

The Senate probably did what they did because many students (including some on this board) were making such a big stink about not getting center-ice seats. I've said all along, seats on the end without restrictions would be much better for students than remaining at center ice with restrictions. I would not have like assigned seats when I was in college. It takes an enourmous amount of the college experience away from the students. The student Senate should have conceded the move to the end and they should have concentrated their efforts on keeping the same # of lower bowl seats. The atmoshpere is only going to get worse. Out of all the options, I think this is the worst decision they could have made. Very poor move IMO. :blush:

The Senate probably did what they did because many students (including some on this board) were making such a big stink about not getting center-ice seats. I've said all along, seats on the end without restrictions would be much better for students than remaining at center ice with restrictions. I would not have like assigned seats when I was in college. It takes an enourmous amount of the college experience away from the students. The student Senate should have conceded the move to the end and they should have concentrated their efforts on keeping the same # of lower bowl seats. The atmoshpere is only going to get worse. Out of all the options, I think this is the worst decision they could have made. Very poor move IMO. :D

I wholeheartedly agree...I would much rather have been moved to the end, then now possibly having to sit at Sioux games without friends. :blush: