SiouxSports.com Forum

Student Seating

flatspin7

The Senate probably did what they did because many students (including some on this board) were making such a big stink about not getting center-ice seats. I've said all along, seats on the end without restrictions would be much better for students than remaining at center ice with restrictions. I would not have like assigned seats when I was in college. It takes an enourmous amount of the college experience away from the students. The student Senate should have conceded the move to the end and they should have concentrated their efforts on keeping the same # of lower bowl seats. The atmoshpere is only going to get worse. Out of all the options, I think this is the worst decision they could have made. Very poor move IMO. :blush:

It would seem that way to me too.

I agree with what you say.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think of it this way....if you're lucky you'll get placed next to me. :blush:

I would assume there will be some sort of method of applying for season tickets in groups so that you can sit with your friends. This is great if you go with the same people to every game. This is not so great if you go with random friends. We won't find out until next fall I'm sure how this process will work.

Think of it this way....if you're lucky you'll get placed next to me. ;)

I would assume there will be some sort of method of applying for season tickets in groups so that you can sit with your friends. This is great if you go with the same people to every game. This is not so great if you go with random friends. We won't find out until next fall I'm sure how this process will work.

oh we would, would we? :0:blush: ...I hope you are right about applying for season tickets in groups. I might go on over to the athletic office and ask them to be sure, and get details on it. It's not like I have anything else to do after class (seeing as how my ex-flight instructor won't tell me who my new one is, I'll spare you all the story). Never fear...I am on the case. :D

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that the solution is good. Students will have to wait in line on some saturday in september to get the seats. A student can wait with friends and buy a group of tickets together. This was the only way to keep center ice! Also it does open up the back two rows of the student section which results in a gain of about 83 seats. If the students are not pleased with how it works out next season than they can choose to be moved to the corner and lose seats. We should all be thankful for the work done by the Student Senate.

It seems to me that the solution is good. Students will have to wait in line on some saturday in september to get the seats. A student can wait with friends and buy a group of tickets together. This was the only way to keep center ice! Also it does open up the back two rows of the student section which results in a gain of about 83 seats. If the students are not pleased with how it works out next season than they can choose to be moved to the corner and lose seats. We should all be thankful for the work done by the Student Senate.

Why do I get the feeling that you are in the student senate? How easy do you think it is going to be to get all your friends together to buy tickets in groups? Did you guys honestly think this through? My guess is no. How many students did you talk to, where do they normally sit, and what did you ask them? The least you could have done is let us been able to get group sets of tickets, so it would not have as difficult to sit with friends...I'll say this again, I think you guys dropped the ball on this one. ;)

Seats need to be earned every game, it's not a one time deal. Again...thanks a lot :glare:

Is center ice really that important to you, or do you just not have a lot of friends that go to hockey games so you figure, you'll wait in line once and pretend to be a true hardcore fan? :angry:

Just wondering...how are people with season tickets supposed to be able to sit with their friends without season tickets??

They can't...My roommate isn't going to be able to go to Sioux games because:

1) He graduates in December, so he won't get season tickets, and...

2) He doesn't want to sit alone in the upper bowl

Read my previous posts about the Senate dropping the proverbial ball.