SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SEAWOLVES

AZSIOUX

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to have MS Mankato to win a few games - they are currently 25 in RPI so they are a TUC. If they drop below 25 we lose 2 wins against TUC.

Same for MTU - we are 3-1 against them.

if msum drops out of the top 25 we lose the new hampshire pairing and drop to 6th in the pairwise. this is why it is going to be so frickin difficult to get a 1 seed.

if msum drops out of the top 25 we lose the new hampshire pairing and drop to 6th in the pairwise. this is why it is going to be so frickin difficult to get a 1 seed.

agree, thats why i said we will win 9 in a row for sure and then the others will drop 1 here and there :glare: we are at 5 in a row so whats 4 more right :lol:

I am so pumped up for the game on Saturday. I got my tickets, weather is to be nice for the drive up to Grand Forks. My parents are going to be watching the kids so me and my wife can watch the Sioux kick some Seawolves @ss!!!!!! :glare:

PS i have a link to the event on Facebook for those who are going to Saturday's game.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20568934880&ref=mf

It looks like AA has one pretty decent forward line. From the stats, it looks like they might have an issue with goaltending. An 88% sv percentage would translate to 3 goals if we can put between 26-30 SOG. Add the Oshie and Duncan Factor and that number should be more like 4 or 5.

I think the Sioux depth will be apparant in this series. CC has beaten these guys 4 times, Denver has beaten them twice; although MN and UMD have been beaten by them and WI and SCSU skated to ties. I think this is a separate the men from the boys kind of weekend. The top teams in this league beat AA. A loss will hurt us terribly, especially if we have any hopes of picking up ground on CC and DU in the PWR, as they are a COP.

It is the second half surge. We are in better shape for it this year than in any of the previous 3. It is time to stop talking and start doing. Each unit, each line, each D-pairing has already put together 3 periods of perfect play. They might not have been in the same game, but it has happened. It just has to all happen in 60 minutes now. Build every week. Practice should be fun now. Winning is fun. Hockey is fun. I am excited for this second half surge!!!!

I gotta feeling the Sioux, if they can win the games they should, will finish 2nd in the WCHA ahead of DU. UAA was a fun series last year, and Sioux should sweep easily this weekend

If we sweep Dunver up here it will likely play out that way. We are in the drivers seat for #2.

I gotta feeling the Sioux, if they can win the games they should, will finish 2nd in the WCHA ahead of DU. UAA was a fun series last year, and Sioux should sweep easily this weekend

here ya go, make it happen

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/

we have some ground to make up and it starts vs uaa but our only chance will be when du comes to grand forks in february as we will have played 4 more league games then them so thats in the favor of DU right now but we can turn that with 4 more wins in a row like i predicted last week

Wow! Did the what if, and we basically need to sweep out to take second. That's assuming Denver beats up on the teams that they should beat up on. Not that that's impossible, but that will be tough. I predicted a strong third place finish with us hosting either Tech or UMD in early March.

Wow! Did the what if, and we basically need to sweep out to take second. That's assuming Denver beats up on the teams that they should beat up on. Not that that's impossible, but that will be tough. I predicted a strong third place finish with us hosting either Tech or UMD in early March.

it will be very tough because we will have 4 more games played than them after this coming weekend we can possibly be up 2 points max, it can happen for sure. just cant have any bad losses along the way. if we can keep the roll up til denver comes to the ralph then that will be the deries that may make or break 2nd place. first things first, the sourdoughs are next thanks to diggler on that old nickname for the seawolves ;) at least flickertales was better than sourdoughs :D

I'll take a third place finish so long as we go into the playoffs as the hottest team in hockey. Winning is contagious. If the guys believe it, we can do it.

I just really hope to avoid Michigan. Although in order to be the best, you have to beat the best. I just don't like the thought of having to end their season for the third year in a row. Especially with the differences in the CCHA vs the WCHA style of play and officiating.

I also think that it will be really unfortunate if we have to face Denver or CC in a Regional Final. The current PWR would have us with Lowell and Denver vs Quinnipiac in a Regional

Bracketology:

Michigan vs Bemidji State

BC vs Clarkson

Miami vs RIT

Michigan State vs Northeastern*

CC vs UMass

NH vs Notre Dame*

Denver vs Quinnipiac

UND vs Lowell

*switched to avoid first round intraconference matchup

I'll take a third place finish so long as we go into the playoffs as the hottest team in hockey. Winning is contagious. If the guys believe it, we can do it.

I just really hope to avoid Michigan. Although in order to be the best, you have to beat the best. I just don't like the thought of having to end their season for the third year in a row. Especially with the differences in the CCHA vs the WCHA style of play and officiating.

I also think that it will be really unfortunate if we have to face Denver or CC in a Regional Final. The current PWR would have us with Lowell and Denver vs Quinnipiac in a Regional

Bracketology:

Michigan vs Bemidji State

BC vs Clarkson

Miami vs RIT

Michigan State vs Northeastern*

CC vs UMass

NH vs Notre Dame*

Denver vs Quinnipiac

UND vs Lowell

*switched to avoid first round intraconference matchup

Ditto - if this would play out it's likely we would be in Worcester.

Wouldn't that be a nice way to end their season especially after they ended the Sioux's in 2001-2002.

It would be sweet.

Obviously we could face them in a 3 v 8 or 2 v 9 1st round playoff series. I have a hunch they will finish higher than 8 - if they don't it means they will have struggled in Jan/Feb, which wouldn't be all bad.

A more likely scenario now is that they finish in the 4-5-6 range and we finish 2-3. If this is the case we couldn't play them until Final5 Saturday, hopefully in the evening not the afternoon (unless their is a huge 1st round upset in Denver or CC).

Minnesota will finish in the top 5, I believe. There are a number of teams vying for 4th and 5th (the Sioux, at least temporarily have seperated a bit from that pack) and none of them are heads and shoulders better than the others. I still think Kangas will solidify things for the gophers and they will win their share down the road.

Minnesota will finish in the top 5, I believe.

Agreed. I think that they will finish either 4th or 5th.

4th-8th place is going to be a big cluster. You have UMD, SCSU, UW, UMN, and MTU all fighting for home ice. UMD has played 2 more games than SCSU, UW, and UMN, and 4 more games than MTU.

UW has by far the easiest remaining schedule of those 5 teams, as they don't have any more games left against UND, DU, or CC. MTU has the toughest schedule, as they still have to face CC and DU.

This weekend could provide some separation with those 5 teams, as UMD is playing OOC, SCSU plays Mankato, Tech plays CC, and UMN and UW square off.

I would rather the Sioux not have to face UMN, UW, or SCSU in the first round. I would feel more comfortable with them playing UAA, MSUM, MTU, or UMD.

Agreed. I think that they will finish either 4th or 5th.

4th-8th place is going to be a big cluster. You have UMD, SCSU, UW, UMN, and MTU all fighting for home ice. UMD has played 2 more games than SCSU, UW, and UMN, and 4 more games than MTU.

UW has by far the easiest remaining schedule of those 5 teams, as they don't have any more games left against UND, DU, or CC. MTU has the toughest schedule, as they still have to face CC and DU.

This weekend could provide some separation with those 5 teams, as UMD is playing OOC, SCSU plays Mankato, Tech plays CC, and UMN and UW square off.

I would rather the Sioux not have to face UMN, UW, or SCSU in the first round. I would feel more comfortable with them playing UAA, MSUM, MTU, or UMD.

i say they just miss out on home ice and go to duluth or scsu for playoffs

i say they just miss out on home ice and go to duluth or scsu for playoffs

Looks like the two Bemidji boys agree. But I am going to go one further. I think both UofW and UofMN go on the road for the first round and miss the final five.