SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sioux after the Whistle

Goon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of rylan Kaip.....go to youtube and punch in hockey fights....you find a few for college hockey....I believe the other day that I counted 6 different altercations that hooligan was involved in....

but you know some things never change.....the lgm are college hockeys biggest bunch of thugs and hooligans......

their fans are now the second biggest bunch of whiny f#ckin pricks.....can you guess who #1 is?:D

I guess baby talk would be the norm from you. As expected, you still haven't provided any links so I guess I'll assume you've fabricated the whole thing.

Are you serious, Goon is not fabricating anything and you just can't calm down. Ok there now tell your mommy just a few more minutes on the computer and you will go eat your pb&j.

Two quick things:

• The board policy is to not repost items from other boards.
  • Civility please. Stop with the name-calling and personal attacks.

Thank you for keeping both in line.

GDM

Forums Moderator

SiouxSports.com

I think Roe is a cry baby. Great player but cry baby. Kind of reminds me of Turris.

How is Turris a baby? I've never seen him to anything to get that kind of label. He isn't as good in the WCHA as everyone initially thought, but that doesn't make him a "baby."

I watch as many Wisco games as I can and was at the games in Wisconsin. He f'in rocked him and put him to the ice every chance we did, but he got up like a man every time. I didn't see him whine or anything. He tried to get physical back once or twice, with little success, but what player wouldn't after repeatedly being decked. This doesn't really constitute being called a baby.

How is Turris a baby? I've never seen him to anything to get that kind of label. He isn't as good in the WCHA as everyone initially thought, but that doesn't make him a "baby."

I watch as many Wisco games as I can and was at the games in Wisconsin. He f'in rocked him and put him to the ice every chance we did, but he got up like a man every time. I didn't see him whine or anything. He tried to get physical back once or twice, with little success, but what player wouldn't after repeatedly being decked. This doesn't really constitute being called a baby.

cant wait for turris to get outa sconnie and in phoenix as hes gona be good but i think he got a funny label when he got scared jones was gona kick his ass and he started chopping at jones ankles with his stick, that was funny stuff...that happens, hell hes not big so anything you can do to defend yourself i guess you do :D

go sioux, sweep those damn huskies

The stick swinging incident did it for me, there is no room for stick swinging in hockey, there is no way to justify that. That is why I wish college hockey would do away with the game DQ for fighting. Maybe crybaby/whiner might not fit but it was pretty bush league to start something by swinging your stick. I remember when everone was annointing Turris the ROY at the begining of the year it looks like Roe is going to run away with it.

The stick swinging incident did it for me, there is no room for stick swinging in hockey, there is no way to justify that. That is why I wish college hockey would do away with the game DQ for fighting. Maybe crybaby/whiner might not fit but it was pretty bush league to start something by swinging your stick. I remember when everone was annointing Turris the ROY at the begining of the year it looks like Roe is going to run away with it.

Everyone annointed him because he was a #3 overall draft pick in the NHL draft. How could you NOT annoint him? I agree on the stick swinging, not the best idea in the world, but hell, he did get rocked allll weekend, haha.

Everyone annointed him because he was a #2 overall draft pick in the NHL draft. How could you NOT annoint him? I agree on the stick swinging, not the best idea in the world, but hell, he did get rocked allll weekend, haha.

I wish UND played like they did against the BADgers every game. Against UMN they did got out hit by the Gophers.

I have to say, I really do miss the days where our reputation for being thugs and goons was earned and truly deserved and above all respected. Nobody liked us much, but they didn't mess with us either. That was back in the days of Micky Volcan, Craig Ludwig, Jim Archibald, Howard Walker, and crew. Back in the days where there were no facemasks, barely helmets and certainly no "fighting" penalties, and if my memory serves me correctly, we carved the stats into the side of the cave. :D

I would love to see what "Little" Joe, Zach Jones, Kyle Radke, Rylan Kaip and some others would do without the fighting rule to some of the players who can't keep up with the likes of TJ or Ryan Duncan and the only way they have to play against them is to hitch piggy back rides and take cheap shots.

I have to say, I really do miss the days where our reputation for being thugs and goons was earned and truly deserved and above all respected. Nobody liked us much, but they didn't mess with us either. That was back in the days of Micky Volcan, Craig Ludwig, Jim Archibald, Howard Walker, and crew. Back in the days where there were no facemasks, barely helmets and certainly no "fighting" penalties, and if my memory serves me correctly, we carved the stats into the side of the cave. :D

I would love to see what "Little" Joe, Zach Jones, Kyle Radke, Rylan Kaip and some others would do without the fighting rule to some of the players who can't keep up with the likes of TJ or Ryan Duncan and the only way they have to play against them is to hitch piggy back rides and take cheap shots.

That is an awesome post. I would love to see what Jones can do in a fight.

Finley challenged the whole mN bench at the Ralph. He really wanted to go with Stu Bickel, to the point of asking him if he wanted to do it sans helmet and gloves. Bickel did not see that as an acceptable risk.

I would love to let the guys police it themselves a little more. Clearly the officials are not.

I'd also love to see some of the high school or NTDP boys drop 'em with a seasoned veteran of the saskatchewan or ALberta leagues...it might be kind of comical.

Finley challenged the whole mN bench at the Ralph. He really wanted to go with Stu Bickel, to the point of asking him if he wanted to do it sans helmet and gloves. Bickel did not see that as an acceptable risk.

It's easy to yap at guys on the bench. Bickel would have been glad to deal with Finley. His 215 minutes in penalties last year in the USHL would have given him a fair shake vs. Finley who could only manage 180 minutes in his USHL season. :D

Bickel and Finley would be scary to watch. Might have to have the women and children leave the arena first. Bickel is a big kid, was watching game against Mankato and he had this kid in a headlock and it looked like a dad grabbing his 4 your old unruly kid by the ear. But then Finley basically did the same thing to wheeler when he pulled him out of the scrum and made him stand in the corner.

But their is a difference between USHL tough and Canadian Junior leagues tough. Ask Marco Peluso?

I would say Mankato is worse than UND

Agreed.

I disagree however with the sentiment that a team must "stand up for its goalie after whistle" at all costs. Some teams overreact to the point of someone breathing on a goalie causes players to go after their opponent to the point of ridiculousness. I understand you don't want your goalie getting run but your goalie isn't made of glass either. Watch the NHL and two things in this department stand out for me - you hardly ever see players freaking out at an opponent going near their goalie and you rarely see CFB (not the penalty but rather the act itself).

[edit] and before anyone takes that the wrong way, UND was not the first of a few teams that came to mind in this department.

Agreed.

I disagree however with the sentiment that a team must "stand up for its goalie after whistle" at all costs. Some teams overreact to the point of someone breathing on a goalie causes players to go after their opponent to the point of ridiculousness. I understand you don't want your goalie getting run but your goalie isn't made of glass either. Watch the NHL and two things in this department stand out for me - you hardly ever see players freaking out at an opponent going near their goalie and you rarely see CFB (not the penalty but rather the act itself).

[edit] and before anyone takes that the wrong way, UND was not the first of a few teams that came to mind in this department.

Slap shot I actually respectfully disagree, I think in the NHL the Refs don't call the CFB very often or not as often as in college.

I can remember many nights saying damn that was checking from behind penalty. Also, in the NHL if you do the things to goalies that are done in college people would be getting ass kicked. I have seen a lot of fights and scrums around the net in the NHL.