SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sioux after the Whistle

Goon

Lately I have read a lot of fans from other teams complaining about the Sioux being a bunch of hacks and doing a lot of after the Whistle stuff (ie) slashes, hacks and cross checks. I don't think UND has played that dirty this season. This past weekend I heard more complaining about UND after the SCSU series. I watched the game on Friday and have seen a lot of the games this year and I don't think UND is any worse than any other team.

Edited by Goon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are absolutely no worse than any other team we've played. Big difference might be the manner in which we do it. We are not subtle. We do not pick a fight and then run behind a ref, knowing full well that a helmets and gloves off fight is unprecedented.

I saw St Clown pull all sorts of little cheap crap, and our guys just don't take well to that.

a few of our players like to push and shove after whistles, especially in front of jpl, but that is hockey, so what? at least they are doing it to their face. it's better than scsu players taking dives and looking to draw penalties or hacks taking cheap shots at our top players (thank you du) because they know the officials won't call anything. players are taught to protect their goalie, first and foremost, so when an opposing player wants to get cute and get a little close after the whistle, he is probably going to get a face full of glove. if the officials are bold enough to make a call, then we have to kill a penalty. but i would rather have our guys protecting jpl, than doing some of the other cheap s#@t. to each their own, if they want to call us hacks, let em'. im sure scsu says rau never dove once, and im sure du says none of their guys took a cheap shot at oshie.

bunch of puss#@s

if its over the line then the player will get thrown in the box but if not then man up or go play table tennis (no fence to any hard core table tennis players on this board :D )

i like it when other teams do it to the sioux or in a neutral game. shows a edge that i think is needed.

I hate the attitude of so many of these players (like Roe) who think they can do or say anything that they want and their buddy or the ref will save them. Case in point the Wisco series how many times was there a 3rd man in?

Ridiculous. You want to talk the talk, drop the gloves.

Lately I have read a lot of fans from other teams complaining about the Sioux being a bunch of hacks and doing a lot of after the Whistle stuff (ie) slashes, hacks and cross checks. I don't think UND has played that dirty this season. This past weekend I heard more complaining about UND after the SCSU series. I watched the game on Friday and have seen a lot of the games this year and I don't think UND is any worse than any other team.

Do you have any links?

I believe this is one of those situations where all you need is enough people repeating something enough times and it becomes fact. Whether or not it really is.

Let's be honest, our boys are not choir boys on the ice and they do their share of after-the-whistle stuff, but I agree with others who say UND is no different than other teams, or at least most other teams. I see plenty of that crap when we play MN, and there was plenty from Wisconsin despite what their precious captain said to the media after the game.

After the saturday game the SCSU broadcast team was interviewing Chris Anderson who played forward. He said something very close to "pretty much everyone knows that UND is the worst in the league about that" and said Motzko had warned the team to stay out of it because they would get the penalty advantage if they were smart.

My prejudice against Motzko is such that I wouldn't be surprised if Motzko is feeding his team the "everyone knows UND is the worst" kool-aid being he and Lucia parrot the "If there is a fight in hockey UND is involved".

Poor babies. Maybe that reputation was built a few years ago when we had those trees skating on the blueline that Gary Thorne raved about. The guys that Jordan Parise said were making opponents squeal in pain.

So no, I don't think the Sioux are innocent, I just don't think the deserve a reputation worse than some other teams. As mentioned above, at least the Sioux are willing to back it up if someone wants to make an issue of it, and I'm proud of that.

I believe this is one of those situations where all you need is enough people repeating something enough times and it becomes fact. Whether or not it really is.

Let's be honest, our boys are not choir boys on the ice and they do their share of after-the-whistle stuff, but I agree with others who say UND is no different than other teams, or at least most other teams. I see plenty of that crap when we play MN, and there was plenty from Wisconsin despite what their precious captain said to the media after the game.

After the saturday game the SCSU broadcast team was interviewing Chris Anderson who played forward. He said something very close to "pretty much everyone knows that UND is the worst in the league about that" and said Motzko had warned the team to stay out of it because they would get the penalty advantage if they were smart.

My prejudice against Motzko is such that I wouldn't be surprised if Motzko is feeding his team the "everyone knows UND is the worst" kool-aid being he and Lucia parrot the "If there is a fight in hockey UND is involved".

Poor babies. Maybe that reputation was built a few years ago when we had those trees skating on the blueline that Gary Thorne raved about. The guys that Jordan Parise said were making opponents squeal in pain.

So no, I don't think the Sioux are innocent, I just don't think the deserve a reputation worse than some other teams. As mentioned above, at least the Sioux are willing to back it up if someone wants to make an issue of it, and I'm proud of that.

my favorite quote ever, well then.....if there is a fight you better make sure your choir boys can throw down or they will end up like gordon last season when the DU kicked his ass and then gordon got a DQ anyways :D at least get your moneys worth..genious

UND is no better and no worse.

After the whistle,

- some schools do the facewash

- some get a stick up on you

- some get a stick down on your ankles

- some schools go for the last two-hander (cross-check)

- some schools want to wrap that arm around and try to spin-toss you.

Watch. They all do it. They all have their favorites.

UND is no better and no worse.

After the whistle,

- some schools do the facewash

- some get a stick up on you

- some get a stick down on your ankles

- some schools go for the last two-hander (cross-check)

- some schools want to wrap that arm around and try to spin-toss you.

Watch. They all do it. They all have their favorites.

facewash seems like a gopher/cc tactic

stick up style - mankato/umd

stick down at ankles is denver/scsu or sconnie(turris)

and we can take the cross check - matt greene style, i love it :D

wrap and spin = uaa/tech style

I hate the attitude of so many of these players (like Roe) who think they can do or say anything that they want and their buddy or the ref will save them. Case in point the Wisco series how many times was there a 3rd man in?

Ridiculous. You want to talk the talk, drop the gloves.

I think Roe is a cry baby. Great player but cry baby. Kind of reminds me of Turris.

If they were going to call it fairly I don't think we'd lose in the deal. In the last home series Trupp took a major cross check after the whistle that must be called. It wasn't.

In watching the games this past weekend I noticed that both Duncan and Trupp take a lot of extra cheap shots. Last weekend I noticed Ryan Duncan punch a UNH forward in the back of the head, I am not sure what lead up to this but I can only imagine. All season long I have watch the opposition tackle, hack and slash Trupp up and down the ice, only to watch him get back up and skate away.

Apparently he doesn't read anything but Sioux Sports.

Apparently you're skirting the question. You claim that you've read a lot of fans from other teams complaining. Please provide a few links.....or are you fabricating this?

Apparently you're skirting the question. You claim that you've read a lot of fans from other teams complaining. Please provide a few links.....or are you fabricating this?

I am not fabricating anything look for yourself. ;):(:D;)

Saturday%20fighting.jpg

I will try to talk in baby talk so you can understand it go to GPL, USCHO or other places and read the stuff people say about UND.

Your really can't be that __ing dense.

Here is one

Speaking of ugly - 21 penalties?? What the hell? I knew UND would come out pissed on Saturday night after the loss on Friday, but I'm assuming there was more of the same thing - pushing and hacking after the whistle?? I have nothing to back up this assumption, of course! :D Just saying

Deejer said...

The penalties Saturday night were the result of the refs having quick triggers. Any sort of pushing/ etc... after the whistle got you two minutes in the sin bin. Was there and I suppose the refs had had it from Friday night...funny thing is about three times 2 Sioux players went to the gate while only 1 did for SCSU. More goonery showing up in green!

January 06, 2008 5:25 PM

I will try to talk in baby talk so you can understand it go to GPL, USCHO or other places and read the stuff people say about UND.

I guess baby talk would be the norm from you. As expected, you still haven't provided any links so I guess I'll assume you've fabricated the whole thing.