SiouxSports.com Forum

The Sioux after the Whistle

Goon

Slap shot I actually respectfully disagree, I think in the NHL the Refs don't call the CFB very often or not as often as in college.

I can remember many nights saying damn that was checking from behind penalty. Also, in the NHL if you do the things to goalies that are done in college people would be getting ass kicked. I have seen a lot of fights and scrums around the net in the NHL.

i have the nhl package and see teams getting into little scrums everynight when the other player comes near the goalie. all the time. penalties are hardly called and the defensive team usually gets some free cracks on the opponent for doing that. if you are gona come in by the net you should prepared to get whacked a few times

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the nhl package and see teams getting into little scrums everynight when the other player comes near the goalie. all the time. penalties are hardly called and the defensive team usually gets some free cracks on the opponent for doing that. if you are gona come in by the net you should prepared to get whacked a few times

When I was in football they used to tell Linebacks don't let people run into the kitchen (between the hashes) without getting hit.

In hockey that Kitchen is in front of the net in the crease. If you don't want to get hit don't go into the kitchen.

You guys might be right and I'm just not noticing that it happens (CFB and net scrums) just as much in the NHL but for some reason I've got the impression.

that checking from behind rule is so touchy in college. i have seen more and more players from all teams even try to get this called which is pretty bush league in my eyes. if a player trys to get that call then so be it if they get injured. the play you see here and there in college is the player is kind of sideways to the baords with the puck then they feel the oppenent skating towards them to hit them then they turn and get the 5 min call and the kid gets booted. like i its a touchy rule so im not gona fault the refs on calling those but for sure wont feel bad if the players who are trying this get dinged up.