SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lol::lol::D

Once again, like with the buning debacle, there will be those of us who get the last laugh. For the record, I'd much rather be a drama queen then a drag queen, not that there is anything wrong with that, only that I would question some of your guys' manhood, but that's a completely different subject.

I think you still miss the point or refuse to acknowledge it at least. Even if the charges are dropped - he was in a place where he shouldn't oughta been doing SOMETHING that has caused his coach to say "I am dissapointed right now". What scenario could play out that would make us all say "Ohhh. Now I get it! "? I just don't see one. If Hak is "dissapointed" - why aren't you? And if you are - why do you think the rest of us are over-reacting? Someone said in an earlier post they were upset b/c they had to explain to their kids that their hero (my word not hers) was arrested again. How is that "completely over-dramatic?" For someone who seems to be an expert on "over-drama" - seems you would have an easier time not using it in your own posts.?

Triouxper is dead on here. If and when the details emerge, even those kids will say this is a BS charge. I don't even think he should have been suspended.

Triouxper,

In the interest of self-improvement, I would like to know, in your enormous background of diagnosing mental illness over the internet, what is wrong with me (and others who seem to share the same mindset), so I (and we) can get the help you think we need.

Thanks

:lol::lol:

Hey awesome quote.

Brian Fantana: 60% of the time, it works every time.

Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make any sense.

Do us a favor and stop posting. You sound more and more like a deranged lunatic every time you post.

You should just be happy that the object of your mancrush is not being ridiculed around here anymore. How's brian doing by the way?

Triouxper,

In the interest of self-improvement, I would like to know, in your enormous background of diagnosing mental illness over the internet, what is wrong with me (and others who seem to share the same mindset), so I (and we) can get the help you think we need.

Thanks

:lol::lol:

Ok, let me lay this out for you. You (and others) are having a hard time dealing with the fact that a 21 year old college hockey player got a disorderly conduct. It's as simple and as basic as I can put it.

Triouxper is dead on here. If and when the details emerge, even those kids will say this is a BS charge. I don't even think he should have been suspended.

Some will undoubtedly think it is a BS charge. I would agree that it doesn't probably warrant the national publicity it is getting.

But I do still stick to my argument that it is juvenile, disgusting, disrespectful, and completely out of order for a superstar Sioux hockey player. Selfishly, I hold these athletes to a higher moral and social standard than other kids on campus, as they are ambassadors of UND. I would hope that the coaching staff would hold them in this regard as well... the single game suspension shows that such is the case.

You should just be happy that the object of your mancrush is not being ridiculed around here anymore. How's brian doing by the way?

Well Slamdance, Once again you are clueless and so are the other na sayers, You people are the same ones that expect someone else to be a rolemodel for your kid or kids. He's 21 leave the Kid alone O-WOW D C Charge lock him up.....there's 7 unsolved murders, in this town.....Start with them...

man looking at all those charges though, they are all bull$%!# charges (they all merit getting into trouble but its college kids being college kids) except Bina's DUI! But I must say that with becoming a D1 school we will be seeing a lot more of this than expected!

thats a halarious list of charges except binas dui of course....puckswami the great DU fan with the list probaby with the help of his buddies that troll myspace and facebook to sniff around and i do mean sniff.........i bet 5 of us could throw in the same charges here and there from a past life at 18-23 or however long it took you to get out of college :lol: loud party ticket - man, what a bunch of thugs............... :D

Some will undoubtedly think it is a BS charge. I would agree that it doesn't probably warrant the national publicity it is getting.

But I do still stick to my argument that it is juvenile, disgusting, disrespectful, and completely out of order for a superstar Sioux hockey player. Selfishly, I hold these athletes to a higher moral and social standard than other kids on campus, as they are ambassadors of UND. I would hope that the coaching staff would hold them in this regard as well... the single game suspension shows that such is the case.

I disagree, ambassadors of UND can come from all walks of life. Pilots, doctors, lawyers, anyone who earns a degree and goes out into the world can have an impact, good or bad, on the university. I hold those people to the same standards as anyone else who represents UND, athlete and otherwise.

You know what really sucks? Not being able to come onto your favorite sports forum and state your opinion without getting reamed a new one, that's what really sucks!! :lol:

No, what really sucks is when you have a guy guilty without even knowing the circumstances. Give it a rest Judge Wapner.

OK, thanks. So what TJ's probation meant was that http://www.court.state.nd.us/court/rules/c...al/rule32.1.htm

So, if this is correct and the judge follows this rule, TJ will have a misdemeanor criminal record as a result of this arrest while on probation.

I disagree, ambassadors of UND can come from all walks of life. Pilots, doctors, lawyers, anyone who earns a degree and goes out into the world can have an impact, good or bad, on the university. I hold those people to the same standards as anyone else who represents UND, athlete and otherwise.

I'm not arguing that at all. The problem, of course, comes with the publicity involved. That's what these kids have to get pounded into their heads.

Whether they like it or not, they are the foremost, and most visible ambassadors of UND. I'm just another shmuck with a degree.

Ok, let me lay this out for you. You (and others) are having a hard time dealing with the fact that a 21 year old college hockey player got a disorderly conduct. It's as simple and as basic as I can put it.

Got me all figured out, do ya?

I'm not having a hard time with an adult who is on probation for a previous arrest/conviction getting arrested within a year of the previous incident. I just think it's stupid.

I also think it is naive to expect that something like this would not be in the media. Why would any of you say this is being "blown out of proportion"? What would be "in proportion"?

As far as explaining any of this to my kids, I don't need to worry about it, because they don't care, they just want the Sioux to win hockey games. But if Oshie, or any student athlete, puts themselves out there as a leader and then shows they have feet of clay (twice now), then they should expect a little backlash.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.d...-1/homepage.com

"Umile said Radja, a senior, told him later Sunday of his arrest, which followed a fight between the two players in an elevator on campus. "

anybody feel dumb yet??? he got in a fight....nobody complains when it happens on the ice. maybe he should've fought on the ice, give the team some momentum, it woulda been the same penalty, w/o all the bellyachin, eh?

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.d...-1/homepage.com

"Umile said Radja, a senior, told him later Sunday of his arrest, which followed a fight between the two players in an elevator on campus. "

Umile termed this suspension "indefinite," adding that he wanted to learn all the details of the incident before meting out final punishment.

Umile is such an ass for jumping to conclusions before he has all the facts in this situation and suspending the player. :lol:

I have enough trust in TJ Oshies commitment and leadership of the sioux that I am going to safely assume that this Radja guy was trash talkin the sioux and being the courageous leader that he is, Tj wouldnt stand for it.

I am just going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he plays for the sioux and inherently is better then me and has better judgement.

He is at the pinnacle of human existance and should be able to do with his life what he wants.

The only thing I fear is that this will somehow get spinned in the wrong direction and the whole situation will lessen the chance of us retaining the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo.

I also think that the rest of the guys will pick up the slack and make the huskies their medieval puppy dog bitches tommorow night.