SiouxSports.com Forum

Oshie suspended one game

UND92,96

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me draw you a picture. YOU ARE A LOSER. Get it. I can't believe this would bother you, especially when you probably have no clue as to the details of the situation. Go ahead, keep sticking your head further up your ass, sooner ot later you might find the light of day. Please seek proffessional help, you truly need it.

Appreciate your advice and wisdom that is on display for all on this thread to see :lol: Last time I looked I don't see many people jumping to your defense in this discussion based on your logic (I'll use that term loosely), but I guess I am a loser that does get it!! By the way I can write you a presription if you want one as well! And I don't need details. An arrest is an arrest and 2 of them in a year, well... :lol:

Appreciate your advice and wisdom that is on display for all on this thread to see :lol: Last time I looked I don't see many people jumping to your defense in this discussion based on your logic (I'll use that term loosely), but I guess I am a loser that does get it!! By the way I can write you a presription if you want one as well! And I don't need details. An arrest is an arrest and 2 of them in a year, well... :lol:

so lets put him in prison for 8 years, bread and water................cant believe they let these damn fugatives play hockey

ps............if anyone wants to dump their game worn tj oshie jerseys ill pm you my address, they arent worth sht anymore and ill take them if so.........seriously, wouldnt you rather have his inmate outfit instead, the ones he wears while at san quinton in cali......way more value these days, lets hope san quintin releases tj on good behavior in time for saturdays game vs st cloud 1 and doners

All I can say is this. Unless you know all the details of this situation, you having nothing more than an opinion. We all know about opnions. Your's is way off base.

I'm looking for deals on Oshie merchandise (ie. jersey's, puck's, stick's, picture's, whatever.) All you "disappointed" people out there that have any please let me know. I'm buying his stuff at pennies on the dollar. I'm sure you'll have no problems letting your stuff go real cheap, as TJ is nothing more than a worthless hak, and terrible human being. Feel free to PM me. Seriously people get a freakin' life. I find it hard to believe that this bothers anyone that much. If it does, YOU ARE A LOSER, and it is really the least of your problems.

I will take an Oshie Jersey as well if someone is selling it. Make that size XXL. :lol:

wow triouxper, i think the point trying to be made was that just because we are discussing a players (possibly questionable) conduct in a situation, does not mean we are throwing him under the bus and giving up on him. i happen to think tj is a stand up kid on and off the ice, who has gotten himself into a couple of bad situations. i don't think anyone will argue that he should be a little more careful, especially in the small town of gf where everyone knows him, but most of us will continue to cheer him on. i still think he is a fine example of a sioux hockey player, he just needs to avoid these situations in the future and move on. tj has done alot for the university and community, especially with the kids. lets hope the team comes together and makes a run at number 8!

All I can say is this. Unless you know all the details of this situation, you having nothing more than an opinion. We all know about opnions. Your's is way off base.

Elaborate for me please??

wow triouxper, i think the point trying to be made was that just because we are discussing a players (possibly questionable) conduct in a situation, does not mean we are throwing him under the bus and giving up on him. i happen to think tj is a stand up kid on and off the ice, who has gotten himself into a couple of bad situations. i don't think anyone will argue that he should be a little more careful, especially in the small town of gf where everyone knows him, but most of us will continue to cheer him on. i still think he is a fine example of a sioux hockey player, he just needs to aviod these situations in the future and move on. tj has done alot for the university and community, especially with the kids. lets hope the team comes together and makes a run at number 8!

You made the point clearer than I guess I was able to make it. Nice job!

wow triouxper, i think the point trying to be made was that just because we are discussing a players (possibly questionable) conduct in a situation, does not mean we are throwing him under the bus and giving up on him. i happen to think tj is a stand up kid on and off the ice, who has gotten himself into a couple of bad situations. i don't think anyone will argue that he should be a little more careful, especially in the small town of gf where everyone knows him, but most of us will continue to cheer him on. i still think he is a fine example of a sioux hockey player, he just needs to aviod these situations in the future and move on. tj has done alot for the university and community, especially with the kids. lets hope the team comes together and makes a run at number 8!

Seriously, people act like this is the end of the world. "What are my kids going to do?" "This is such a disappointment," blah, blah blah. Hey, you want a role model for your kids, how about starting with yourself. If not I'll tell you how to handle this. Double your kids dose of Riddlin, put an XBOX controller in his hand, and let the fat little bastard sit there and drool on himself, just as long as you don't have to deal with it.

I think that this whole thig is being blown WAY out of proportion. It is not that big of a charge. Does anyone have specifics to the reasons for the charge, if not we need to relax untill we know more. Maybe the DA will look at the whole picture and say, WOW no need to proceed any further, charges dimissed. Or maybe TJ can pay his $100 fine and be done with it. Come one lets get back to what matters, the Sioux playing a conference sereis and we need the points. Go Sioux!

Talk about extreme overreaction.

ya think............the crazy thing is that people actually think this effects them in some wierd way. like their day is worse because of this and so on. get over it and move on. just make sure all of the people here that are sooooooooo mad at tj and why he would ever do this to keep your kiddies away from him and keep yourself away from tj at the end of the season signing party....me thinks that wont happen :lol:

Seriously, people act like this is the end of the world. "What are my kids going to do?" "This is such a disappointment," blah, blah blah. Hey, you want a role model for your kids, how about starting with yourself. If not I'll tell you how to handle this. Double your kids dose of Riddlin, put an XBOX controller in his hand, and let the fat little bastard sit there and drool on himself, just as long as you don't have to deal with it.

not quite sure what the correct response is to this one, so i will just say wow :lol: that is quite the leap from talking about a players arrest and suspension to all of us being bad parents with fat kids on ritalin who do nothing but play xbox and drool. well played triouxper, well played :lol:

I think that this whole thig is being blown WAY out of proportion. It is not that big of a charge. Does anyone have specifics to the reasons for the charge, if not we need to relax untill we know more. Maybe the DA will look at the whole picture and say, WOW no need to proceed any further, charges dimissed. Or maybe TJ can pay his $100 fine and be done with it. Come one lets get back to what matters, the Sioux playing a conference sereis and we need the points. Go Sioux!

i think this could be a possibility

i think this could be a possibility

THe other thing that could happen is a plea arrangement. Lets see how this could go, TJ you were a bad boy and instead of cahrging you, you are going to do an 8 hour hockey camp for the youth in GF. TJ says I'll do that, case dropped, TJ had a beer and we all go to Denver to watch #8 for the Sioux!

So, let me see if I got this right...

Some folks on here are disappointed that TJ Oshie got arrested twice within a year, and in being disappointed with his behavior they are losers, because being busted for a D.C. and a minor in a bar is not that big of deal. Well, consider me a loser.

When a hockey player comes to UND, he becomes a local celebrity of sorts. When that player distinguishes himself enough to become an on-ice leader and gain national attention because of his skills, he becomes even more of a celebrity. With that celebrity comes responsibility and, as Dagies stated, it really is not too much to expect that they avoid arrest for stupid s&!t. So yes, I'm very disappointed that TJ has screwed up twice within a year.

Do I think Hak has handled the situation correctly? Yes, we don't know all the details, but we do know what the charges are and a one game suspension is certainly warranted until the case goes to court and there is a legal resolution.

Is this issue going to stop me from being a fan of Sioux Hockey or rooting for Oshie when he is on the ice? Not a chance. But he has a whole shitpot of growing up to do to earn that

So, let me see if I got this right...

Some folks on here are disappointed that TJ Oshie got arrested twice within a year, and in being disappointed with his behavior they are losers, because being busted for a D.C. and a minor in a bar is not that big of deal. Well, consider me a loser.

When a hockey player comes to UND, he becomes a local celebrity of sorts. When that player distinguishes himself enough to become an on-ice leader and gain national attention because of his skills, he becomes even more of a celebrity. With that celebrity comes responsibility and, as Dagies stated, it really is not too much to expect that they avoid arrest for stupid s&!t. So yes, I'm very disappointed that TJ has screwed up twice within a year.

Do I think Hak has handled the situation correctly? Yes, we don't know all the details, but we do know what the charges are and a one game suspension is certainly warranted until the case goes to court and there is a legal resolution.

Is this issue going to stop me from being a fan of Sioux Hockey or rooting for Oshie when he is on the ice? Not a chance. But he has a whole shitpot of growing up to do to earn that

This is a forum. A forum is a place where people post their opinions (and other stuff). This is the reason forums exist. Do not be suprised if someone thinks yours is wrong. Do not be suprised if someone calls your kid a "fat little bastard" even if it has nothing to do with the topic.

In my opinion we are all accountable for our actions and this accountability grows when your actions affect more people (i.e. a team). If you are not acting accountably - to your team, fans , self, etc. - it warrants AT LEAST a few people questioning your judgement. I believe any of the players on any team would agree with that. When we screw up as young'uns - we expect to either A. get away with it. - or B. deal with the consequences. BUT NOT C. - expect to get caught AND get away with it. I for one am thankful that my parents and community told me when I did something wrong and made me accountable for it - rather than saying "I know this is your second arrest in less than two months - but boys will be boys!" I turned out bad enough the way it is without having to deal with people doing me the "favor" of never pointing out my errors in judgement.

Being a great person and having some lapses in judgement are not mutually exclusive. TJ IS a great kid. He DID screw up. It IS not only sane, but warranted to call into question his actions and tell the rest of the Sioux fans how you think. Even if the charges are dropped I just don't see how questioning his judgement is out of line. All the people trying to make their point by saying "He is obviously an axe murderer and hates puppies and old people and should be cut from the team..." Lame. Although as I said above - this IS the place to say it (even if its lame). I love the guy -but I'm not going to make any excuses for him, and I am sure HE is not going to make any either - there seem to be plenty of people who will do it for him anyway.

OK - let 'er fly!

wow triouxper, i think the point trying to be made was that just because we are discussing a players (possibly questionable) conduct in a situation, does not mean we are throwing him under the bus and giving up on him.

It's a good point. Too often when something like this happens you have an extreme reaction on both ends. People that overreact and label the player a cancer (extreme in this case imho) and those that want to completely ignore it as if it's nothing to scrutinize (myopic imho). As with most issues the seriousness of the matter probably lies somewhere in between. Since this is a second 'incident' involving TJ in less than a year it should not be swept under the rug, but chances are he didn't do anything too egregious and should be forgiven - at least until he does it again. :lol:

This comes down to how you view the law. I and others see this D.C. along with last years minor charge as pretty small in the grand scheme. Others believe anything above a parking ticket is a big deal. We all have our opinions and they are different. The number of incidents he is had shouldn't matter as I think Bina's DWI was a worse offense than if Oshie would get 10 D.C.s. When they start stealing and committing violent crimes, however, now we have problems.